Is Rashad that bad now....

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who doesn't love the dadbod story. I think Dan Kelly is the kind of fighter that the world roots for and celebrates when he wins but the way he got absolutely obliterated by Brunson makes me think that Rashad is just completely spent.

You could tell from the bell that Brunson was the better fighter the way he moved and seemed to put Dan in danger the short amount of time that the fight lasted.

There was never an exchange where Derek lost.

Rashad lost 3/4 of the exchanges in their fight. He just looked like he was facing a top 10 fighter but in reality he was facing a guy with a good chin, cardio and heart but not the necessary skills to compete at the highest level as shown by his annihilation last night.

While MMAth is not a good way to rate fighters.. Rashad might be done yeah.

Now? He was never really the same again after this:

shadface_display_image.jpg

If you don't remember, dude got owned by freaking Bader and lost to a 100-y.o. Lil Nog in his wheelchair. Some people just refuse to retire in time.

Now? He was never really the same again after this:

shadface_display_image.jpg

If you don't remember, dude got owned by freaking Bader and lost to a 100-y.o. Lil Nog in his wheelchair. Some people just refuse to retire in time.

It's strange- I don't remember the Bader vs. Rashad fight. At all. I know I watched it because I ordered that card and thought Gus vs. Cormier was awesome. But, I cannot, for the life of me, remember anything about Bader vs. Rashad and I wouldn't have even been able to tell you that fight happened if you hadn't just mentioned it.

It's strange- I don't remember the Bader vs. Rashad fight. At all. I know I watched it because I ordered that card and thought Gus vs. Cormier was awesome. But, I cannot, for the life of me, remember anything about Bader vs. Rashad and I wouldn't have even been able to tell you that fight happened if you hadn't just mentioned it.
Forgettable fight. Bader jabbed and mixed in takedowns while Rashad couldn't pull the trigger.

I thought Rashad won that fight with Dan Kelly, Did more damage & Kelly wasn't doing much expect moving forwards.

Forgettable fight. Bader jabbed and mixed in takedowns while Rashad couldn't pull the trigger.

Rashad being unable to pull the trigger has been the story of the latter part of his career I'd say. It was the case in the Lil Nog fight as well and he was doing nothing in the Kelly fight to change his prospects even though it was clear the fight was slipping away from him.

It's weird too because Rashad absolutely murked Chael- looked as good as he ever has- and then hasn't delivered a convincing performance or notched a win since.

Lot of mileage on the guy- I think the wear and tear over the years had hindered a lot of his dynamism. I can't remember the last time he shot a takedown- and he used to have some nasty double legs.

Rashad is damaged goods for sure these days. He hasn't even looked good in a loss in forever.

Idk what Sherdogs obsession with Dan Kelly is... maybe because he's built like a Sherdogger or something but I actually enjoyed seeing Kelly get STEAMROLLED tbh.

His flukey UFC streak has come to an end.

Thanks Brunson

lorenz-larkin-daniel-kelly-ufc-fight-night-110-1.jpg

YES HE IS THAT BAD NOW. Brain damage imo. Too many Wars in Training Camp. Waited wayyyy too Long to drop down to 185. He has become Profoundly Hesitant and almost never gets off first. Speed? What speed. Chin? What chin. ?

Idk what Sherdogs obsession with Dan Kelly is... maybe because he's built like a Sherdogger or something but I actually enjoyed seeing Kelly get STEAMROLLED tbh.

Thanks Brunson

i like him cause hes a decent bloke but its a bit like the Hippo, was that his name? anyway they defied all expectations so ggod for them living the dream

He's been in decline since Jon Jones fight but people never took notice and he always ranked so high until recently. He lost to Lil Nogs in a horrible fight. Had another meh but close fight to old man Dan henderson but people forget it cause he won. Beat the shit out of a MW Chael Sonnen who's also not very good.

I think the Jones loss just broke his spirit. He was so emotionally invested in that fight, and he waited so long for it I think getting outclassed was too hard on him.

If you look at his resume he never beat another LHW again. He's only beaten well past their prime MW's.

He lost the 1st round to Sean Salmon

Always had trouble pulling the trigger, but especially now

Thanks Brunson

He's too herky jerky in there it feels like he's making a mockery of the sport

Back