Is Proper 12 Actually **** Whiskey?

Basicaly its another donkey piss promoted by one famous individual.
Thats just it

Haven't tried it, I have heard average to bad reviews though and the price is quite high.
I see online that it's $25 for 700 mL bottle. Jameson is also around $25. Are they both considered expensive? I typically shop at Costo and typically Kirkland alcohol which is like $20 for 1.75 L so about half the cost, nice and cheap. So you buy Costco alcohol like me and everything else is expensive right?

A little off topic, but there is another brand of whiskey called "Clan McGregor". Is there any relation? Is McGregor such a common name?

Its trash just like most Whiskey in that low price range.

Last edited:
Proper twelve is just crappy bought in whiskey with flavoring added.

I swear ppl think he actually brewed up some whiskey himself.

I know lmao, that shit is just as bad

The only thing I use is Weed, people will give me stuff describing it and telling me it's an Indica, or Sativa or whatever totally full of shit

It is all pretty much the same once it passes a decent quality

Alcoholics/stoners/junkies trying to legitimize their habit into a hobby

It's his whiskey and even he has to dump it in a jug of beer before he's willing to drink it. You judge for yourself

Last edited:
It's alright. I bought a big bottle of it for 30 CAD. I wouldn't spend much more than that though because then we're in Scotch territory and at that point the choice is easy.

Haven't tried it, I have heard average to bad reviews though and the price is quite high.
Holy shit, I have not seen you slumming it here in so long, cheers bud.

It is not good but taste is subjective. I only ever see it on clearance sale in liqour stores.

I don't drink much, and all whiskey tastes bad to me, but for those of you who can tell the difference, is Proper 12 good whiskey worth however much it costs? Or was that old man right to risk a concussion by rejecting it?
It is bad whiskey on line with the cheaper brands. The problem is that while being, at best, mediocre, it has a premium price.

Dude, just look at retail price. It's not even supposed to be good.
I was gonna say that. I've seen everyone on Sherdog saying how it's expensive. It's about 40 bucks for 1.75L which is a middle of the road whiskey. Maybe they but the 15 dollar "whiskey man" out of the plastic bottle. You could say it's shit but at that price it's not claiming to be high end.

I think that there are lots of pretentious liars when it comes to alcohol tasting. Proper 12 is very similar to the other regular big brand blended Irish whiskeys like Jameson and Bushmills. It tends to cost a little more than those two, so it isn't as good value unless you're a fanboy.

A little off topic, but there is another brand of whiskey called "Clan McGregor". Is there any relation? Is McGregor such a common name?
In Scotland, yeah. #FakeIrish

Good enough to clean a wound if you don't have anything else

Back