Is Poirier one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC?

Schoolboy Q

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I feel like not many of us (including myself) expected him to bust up Holloway tonight, but I can only look on a lot of peoples opinion on Poirier before the fight mostly focused on his KO losses....and saying his chin was trash but what really impressed me tonight was his boxing skill, dude destroyed Holloway in round 1.

Tony and Dustin are both underrated.

Yes. Like many guys he gets a bad wrap because he lost to mcgregor. He doesn’t seem to do well in fights where there is bad blood. He has been rolling at 155. The mj loss was shocking imo

Definitely. Some people didn't even think he won that fight FFS. I'm not one of those people.

Nah, actual fans of the sport knew he was very good for years.

Just has a tendancy to get dropped which he somehow has managed to work around for his last several wars.

Yes. Called him to win that fight, most people don't see what he's doing

For the record, I parlayed him and Kelvin at 6:1 odds so I can't only take credit. But man I'm happy for Dustin.

I bet on him to win. Always been my boy.

He's always been, ever since he got Serra/GSP'd by Conor. But I think people are finally starting to respect my boy. I'm glad about that. I know a lot of people still believe Khabib will run through him, all I got to say is... we'll see.

Definitely. Some people didn't even think he won that fight FFS. I'm not one of those people.

Lol anybody who thinks he didn't win doesn't know how to score fights. And I got mad love for Max.

I feel like not many of us (including myself) expected him to bust up Holloway tonight, but I can only look on a lot of peoples opinion on Poirier before the fight mostly focused on his KO losses....and saying his chin was trash but what really impressed me tonight was his boxing skill, dude destroyed Holloway in round 1.

I don't know how anybody could say his chin is trash. He just went toe to toe wiith Gaethje and won not long ago.

I truly believe the clip behind the ear from Conor cast shade on Dustin for years. I think that's where it all comes from. That can happened to anybody. Serra did it to GSP.

Absolutely. I was just reading the thread on how bad Holloway looked, and most people seemed to agree. Holloway isn’t that bad, Poirier is actually a lot better than people realize.
As a long time viewer of the UFC I had an idea of how good Poirier was. He beat Gaethje and I thought Gaethje wasn’t that good. Then he beat Alveraz so I thought he was over the hill. When Gaethje beat Vick I realized oh Dustin is actually really good. But I still didn’t think he would beat Holloway.

Pettis, Gaethje, Alvarez, and Max is a pretty good streak IMO.
Dudes salty because he actually beat Holloway unlike his hero lol Jackonflame is a huge Aldo nuthugger so it probably hurt his soul that Poirier did what he couldn’t.

Obviously his KO loss to MJ really put him out of people's minds for a while. I think this win definitely got people's attention. That being said, I think Tony and Khabib whoop him

He outclassed a champion and top P4P fighter

He out toughed Justin Gaethje

He's underrated as hell
He's properly rated. He's behind Tony no doubt. And in no way, shape or form did he "outclass" Max. Dustin panic wrestled at one point. And for the last minute and a half of the fight, he wall and stalled. Don't get me wrong, it was smart.

But he didn't outclass the guy from a lighter weight, Max Holloway, by ducking his head and holding on for dear life to end the fight.

Dudes salty because he actually beat Holloway unlike his hero lol Jackonflame is a huge Aldo nuthugger so it probably hurt his soul that Poirier did what he couldn’t.
Where do you come up with this shit anyway, lol?

Dustin's boxing has been pretty damn crisp is his last fights.

them hands were being put on Holloway tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back