Is Pettis vs Aldo the best fight the UFC could make now

Yes... but wouldn't go over 350k even if it is stacked

I don't even care about Pettis, the guy was lucky to get a title shot so fast and fights about once every 83 years.There's a ton of fights i'd rather they put together...they could put this together 5 times and Pettis would probably have to pull out every time.He had to pull out of the scheduled august 2013 meeting with Aldo because of a knee injury then magically was better to take on Benson in that same month.It'll be well over a year since he fought once he finally does if he doesn't get injured.I'm sure he'll get injured and skip 2014 all together.He's had just 5 fights in the last 4 years,it fucking blows that he's the champ.If he wasn't injured I don't think the UFC would have asked him to coach the show.
Such a shit post.

making Pettis vs Aldo right away shows you the confidence they have in Pettis against the wrestlers in his division..

I'll take Aldo in this fight

And I'm pretty sure Pettis finishes Aldo.
his only top 10 win in Benson and if you wanna be kind cowboy and your sure he is gonna finish a guy who has ruled a weight class for 5 years? Lmfao on buddy gotta love the blind Pettis fans who see a little flash and think he is the second coming

I don't find it to be the biggest. It would not be this all out striking war superfight everyone is hoping it would be. To me, Aldo is much better and the fight would go like all of his fights.

Mine would be Velasquez / Jones.

Machida vs Weidman
JDS vs Overeem
Machida vs Jacare
Jones vs Cormier
Belfort vs Machida

Would all garner more interest imo

More interest from who? And what has interest got to do with the best possible fight?

I'm not having a go at you, just asking for clarification...

It's absolutely the best fight, Jones-DC second IMO.

And I'm pretty sure Pettis finishes Aldo.

I doubt it. Aldo has a very high fight IQ. He's not gonna get in trouble on the ground like Bendo did, and he won't get set up for a Showtime kick/knee like Bendo/Cerrone did. I think Aldo would fight differently than he has recently against Pettis because Pettis is a striker. They both have great ground games, but I think they both want to strike, and I think it'd be a great striking match up. Hard to say which fighter would come out victorious, but the fans have a 100% chance of winning this one.

It is probably for the hardcore fans but it wouldn't sell that well. Aldo/Frankie should have done huge numbers for the same reason as this would but it did horribly.

Any Jones megafight would prob outsell it including the Gus rematch and if DC has enough time to get noticed his fight with Jones would be huge but he is still not a draw yet.

It is, and they're ruining it with this "JOSE NEEDS TO GIVE UP HIS BELT" shit. Just let him fight at LW, if he wins, relinquish the FW belt. If not, let him defend it.

The problem with that though is if Aldo does win the LW belt, then whose to say Aldo would stay at LW? What if Aldo decides after winning the belt that he prefers FW over LW? You'll end up creating a mess in the LW division where the true champion of the division vacates, and you have no "real" champion at LW. It'll just cheapen the whole division.

You also run the risk of Aldo holding up one division over the next, because whose to say he'd want to relinquish any of his titles, especially since he's not doing it now?

I think there are too many issues like what I've mentioned above to have Aldo keep his FW title. Plus its not that big of a deal considering Aldo could just move back down and get an immediate title shot. If anything Aldo is dropping the ball on this one because at this point cleaning the FW division two or three times over is not going to do anything for his earning potential more so than simply winning the LW title. Aldo is just retarded for not seeing that this is win/win for him.

Aldo has definitely slowed down as of late.

He's entering GSP territory.

I would bet on Pettis via hunger.

gsp doing a comeback fight against anyone would be ppv buys then any other fight.

TS asks for best fight, and everyone starts talking about PPV buys and interest from casuals!

Who the fuck cares about that shit? What is the fight that you would like to see most? Obviously realistic, not Fedor vs Catwoman

his only top 10 win in Benson and if you wanna be kind cowboy and your sure he is gonna finish a guy who has ruled a weight class for 5 years? Lmfao on buddy gotta love the blind Pettis fans who see a little flash and think he is the second coming
Lmfao at you if you think Pettis doesn't have the ability to finish Aldo..

I'm not saying it is set in stone that Pettis beats him, but either guy could pull it off.

I don't see how it is so outlandish for someone to say Anthony would finish him.

By the way, how is Anthony all "flash" ?? He KO'd Cowboy with a kick to the liver. Knocked out multiple opponents with headkicks, and submitted Benson Henderson in the first round with an armbar..

But yeah.. You are right.. All Anthony has down is show a little bit of "flash"

Obviously he isn't legit, right?

It is, and they're ruining it with this "JOSE NEEDS TO GIVE UP HIS BELT" shit. Just let him fight at LW, if he wins, relinquish the FW belt. If not, let him defend it.

Couldn't be a better scenario then this

Lmfao at you if you think Pettis doesn't have the ability to finish Aldo..

I'm not saying it is set in stone that Pettis beats him, but either guy could pull it off.

I don't see how it is so outlandish for someone to say Anthony would finish him.

By the way, how is Anthony all "flash" ?? He KO'd Cowboy with a kick to the liver. Knocked out multiple opponents with headkicks, and submitted Benson Henderson in the first round with an armbar..

But yeah.. You are right.. All Anthony has down is show a little bit of "flash"

Obviously he isn't legit, right?

Well I have no problem saying it, Pettis runs through Aldo

A huge fight I haven't seen mentioned yet is Belfort vs Machida if Machida beats Weidman. Or imagine Anderson coming back against Machida.

Or how about Jones moves to heavyweight and his first fight is Overeem?

A huge fight I haven't seen mentioned yet is Belfort vs Machida if Machida beats Weidman. Or imagine Anderson coming back against Machida.

Or how about Jones moves to heavyweight and his first fight is Overeem?
I mentioned it in my first post in this thread.

Belfort/Machida is a dream fight for me.

Back