Is Pettis vs Aldo the best fight the UFC could make now

cancrusher21

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know their are a couple "bigger" fights they could make GSP-Silva coming to mind, but do you guys think Pettis Aldo is the best fight they could make.. I personally do especially w Jones-Gus scheduled and dominant champs like Cain Barao MM & even Ronda.. I believe they are grooming Pettis to be the next mainstream star.. Hes a coach on the next Tuf followed by a great fight w GM.. If he W that and Aldo defends 1 2 more times than let's do it..

It is, and they're ruining it with this "JOSE NEEDS TO GIVE UP HIS BELT" shit. Just let him fight at LW, if he wins, relinquish the FW belt. If not, let him defend it.

Yeah it's for sure the best fight.

Aldo needs to do more american media shit imo.

Fuck, i don't care if it is at 155 or 145. I'd be down with a catch weight of 150. I just want to see that fight.

jones vs cain is the biggest fight the ufc can make.

Jones-Gus 2 would probably do more, if not the same amount of PPVs as Aldo-Pettis, IMO.

Aldo isn't a big draw.

Jones-Cain would prob be the biggest PPV outside of some kind of Anderson superfight.

It's absolutely the best fight, Jones-DC second IMO.

And I'm pretty sure Pettis finishes Aldo.

What's funny is Pettis went to FW but got injured and coincidently then went back to LW to fight Benson. I'm pretty sure Pettis would lose easily at FW.

That being said, Pettis injury was real bad and I can tell from the huge gap fights his going to be the next Dominick Cruz

Machida vs Weidman
JDS vs Overeem
Machida vs Jacare
Jones vs Cormier
Belfort vs Machida

Would all garner more interest imo

Last edited:
Jones-Gus 2 would probably do more or close to the same amount of PPVs as Aldo - Pettis, IMO.

Aldo isn't a big draw.

Jones-Cain would prob be the biggest PPV outside of some kind of Anderson superfight.

TS said "best fight", not "biggest fight".

I don't see Gus being very competitive against Jones the next time... The Jones that busted up Glover should beat Gus easy IMO.

I feel the same way.

Make it a winner takes all(both belts, and the champion can choose which one he keeps) or make it for a special superfight belt or something like that. Way better fight than Pettis vs Melendez imo.

I feel like TUF is making it harder to get awesome match-ups. I'd be really down for a Faber vs Edgar fight for example, but Edgar is fighting BJ again.

Machida vs Weidman
JDS vs Overeem
Machida vs Jacare
Jones vs Dormir
Belfort vs Machida

Would all garner more interest imo

I would buy Machida Victor ppv if it was the only fight... The JDS-Overeem has lost some steam since they both have taken a beating/ko..

TS said "best fight", not "biggest fight".

Well, he wasn't 100% specific with what he was looking for and mentioned that it wouldn't necessarily be the biggest in the opening line.

Either way, I would rather watch Jones v Cain over Pettis v Aldo.

At least Cain has defended his title.

Back