Is Pettis vs Aldo the best fight the UFC could make now

no

random fans, aka target audience, couldnt tell you who aldo or pettis is

as said earlier... Jones vs Cain

Well, he wasn't 100% specific with what he was looking for and mentioned that it wouldn't necessarily be the biggest in the opening line.

Either way, I would rather watch Jones v Cain over Pettis v Aldo.

At least Cain has defended his title.

I'm with you... Jones-Cain would be insane.

However I'm almost as amped for Pettis-Aldo, and don't think it's only feasible, but has a great chance. It will be fun to see the reaction of the large contingent of this site that thinks Aldo is unbeatable.

However, I think both fights are moot:

Mendes will beat Aldo in the rematch.

Cormier beats Jones.

It will be fun to see the reaction of the large contingent of this site that thinks Aldo is unbeatable.

A large contingent of this site thinks that any person wearing the belt is unbeatable.

Yup. Ridiculous that we were so damn close to a seeing it too. Shame

Fuck, i don't care if it is at 155 or 145. I'd be down with a catch weight of 150. I just want to see that fight.

Me too. Unfortunately the UFC doesn't do fights for the sake if making great fights, if belts are involved everybody starts crying about who deserves blah blah blah

As a fan, probably. Either that or, for pure excitement, Nick Diaz/Matt Brown.

However, from a business standpoint, it's probably not the best they could do since the lighter weightclasses haven't quite caught fire with the mainstream, for whatever reason.

Jones/Velasquez is probably the best money fight that could be put together at this point. Or Jones/Silva but that's obviously lost some earning potential.

It is and I hope they make it happen instead of missing out on all the super fights that got away.

It would be even better after Pettis defending the belt a couple of times

Id love to see Brown vs Nick Diaz more then anything with a bonus of 200k for a knockout.

jones vs cain is the biggest fight the ufc can make.

This. Aldo v Pettis is awesome, but I think Aldo should be able to hold both belts. The UFC is hurting the chances by making him relinquish both belts.

Id love to see Brown vs Nick Diaz more then anything with a bonus of 200k for a knockout.

As a big Diaz fan, I can't think of a fight I'd rather see involving Nick right now.

I know it was said Diaz-Condit guaranteed fireworks, but this one can't miss for sure...

(unless Brown trains at Jackson's)

Make it a winner takes all(both belts, and the champion can choose which one he keeps) or make it for a special superfight belt or something like that. Way better fight than Pettis vs Melendez imo.

I feel like TUF is making it harder to get awesome match-ups. I'd be really down for a Faber vs Edgar fight for example, but Edgar is fighting BJ again.

Yea I like the sound of Faber vs Edgar but I don't think Edgar would drop down so Faber would have to come back up to fw and imo edgar takes it.

What do you mean by best? I know many see Aldo's striking and Pettis' striking and think it could be a great fight, but Aldo just fought a wrestler and utilized his wrestling/grappling for a large part of the fight. Really think in a Aldo/Pettis matchup we see a Aldo UD via grappling, which then everyone would bitch about.

The best fight they can make is scheduled with Gus/Jones. A rematch between Hendricks/Lawler would also be great. (Melendez/Pettis has the potential to be bananas as well)

I don't even care about Pettis, the guy was lucky to get a title shot so fast and fights about once every 83 years.There's a ton of fights i'd rather they put together...they could put this together 5 times and Pettis would probably have to pull out every time.He had to pull out of the scheduled august 2013 meeting with Aldo because of a knee injury then magically was better to take on Benson in that same month.It'll be well over a year since he fought once he finally does if he doesn't get injured.I'm sure he'll get injured and skip 2014 all together.He's had just 5 fights in the last 4 years,it fucking blows that he's the champ.If he wasn't injured I don't think the UFC would have asked him to coach the show.

I'd still like to see this fight for sure. However, Cain vs. bones is also very intriguing IMO.

Back