Is Pereira the hardest hitter in MMA history?

Pereira and Rumble are like a .357 magnum. Shane Carwin's a .45 long colt. Ngannou's a .44 magnum. Derrick Lewis is a .50 AE

Honestly I always felt Carwin was bias a bit by Gonzaga walking right into that punch, he hit hard but I think not quite that "touch of death" hard.

I'd go with Rumble.

Alex has great technique and follow through on his shots, but Rumble literally one punch flatlined Glover, and uppercutted his tooth into the 5th row.

Guy had scary power. R.I.P.
I once looked at Rumble's record and found that he KO'd Glover, prime Gus, Bader and Little Nog (who was coming off wins over Tito and Rashad) in less than 5 minutes. That's 4 guys with an average fight length of just over 1 minute. With the possible exception of Little Nog (who was stilll good at the time), those were all very good/contender-level LHWs. He also finished Manuwa seconds into the 2nd round.

With that said, I don't think he was the hardest one-punch hitter if you include HWs, but he was a monster for sure.

Came here to throw Tank in the hat, very pleased to see you already did.
Yep. Roy Nelson, Carwin, Ngannou and Hunt all hit hard, too. Pereira is a better technical striker than any of them, but that's not the same thing as one-punch power or being able to flatline someone with a near Bruce Lee-style 1-inch punch.

It's still Ngannou. He was a knock out machine even with poor technique. Seemed like even grazing arm punches had a "wtf?!" effect on his opponents. He face planted Blaydes with a punch on his guard. Put Stipe on his ass with a jab. Dropped Cain to his knees with a 3 inch uppercut.
Pereira is top 10 though.

Last edited:
Don’t underrate Brock. He once punched HH across the cage

Yep, for raw power he could fucking dig
Obviously not great technique or speed, but he had force

Knocked Randy out too with a glancing shot

If only Brock had begun his journey about 8 years earlier instead of Wrasslin, I think he would have been a truly great Heavyweight

Its Fedor, 3 ex champs all quoting that they have never been hit that hard before.

he hits like a honda accord

Pereira and Rumble are like a .357 magnum. Shane Carwin's a .45 long colt. Ngannou's a .44 magnum. Derrick Lewis is a .50 AE

Lewis is way too slow to be .50 AE. He's more like .45 long colt, and Shane Carwin can be a .410 slug or something.

JDM = 10mm Auto

Conor McGregor = .38 Super

Sean O'Malley = 5.7x28mm

Garbrandt = .22 Magnum

I will go with Francis, Rumble, Carwin, Manhoef, Hunt but Pereira is in the top 10 for sure.

I think yes

p4p:

1. Alex Pereira
2. Melvin Manhoef
3. Anthony Johnson
4. Francis Ngannou
5. Shane Carwin
6. Josh Emmett
No, definitely not. But his delivery system is other worldly. So you add some power do incredibly slick technique, and you have a death-touch. He reminds me of Beterbiev.

Back