Is Paul Felder going to KO James Vick?

....seriously? Why? Because he lost a standup fight to Edson Barboza? Anyone who has one of these knockouts on their resume is a pretty fucking good striker
419uto58tx711.gif
No because he lost a stand up fight to Ross Pearson, Trinaldo, Barboza, Perry... He's a plodding Muay Thai whose boxing sucks and those are two things you need to beat Vick. Also his ground game is laughably bad, got caught in a D'Arce and literally tightened the choke for Oliveira trying to escape cause he was so clueless on what to actually do.

Also you actually think Felder can reliably land a shot like that on a 6ft 3in guy?

I favor Felder by KO more than I favor Vick by KO.

Jack and Jill went up the hill,
they came down cause they lost light,
I've read the tea leaves and I see a
diet of hellbows for Vicks dinner tonight.

if felder doesn’t get caught in a random choke, he should piece vick up. vick’s striking is awful and felder is a decent kickboxer.

No because he lost a stand up fight to Ross Pearson, Trinaldo, Barboza, Perry... He's a plodding Muay Thai whose boxing sucks and those are two things you need to beat Vick. Also his ground game is laughably bad, got caught in a D'Arce and literally tightened the choke for Oliveira trying to escape cause he was so clueless on what to actually do.

Also you actually think Felder can reliably land a shot like that on a 6ft 3in guy?
Dude Felder wrecked Oliveira on the ground. Controlled him and beat him bloody.

I hope Felder KOs him but he lost to freaking Mike Perry so idk what to think.

Dude Felder wrecked Oliveira on the ground. Controlled him and beat him bloody.
You haven't seen the fight have you? Lol
Oliveira was dominating grappling he just decided to quit after taking one decent shot on the ground.

Vick actually does a good job using his length and reach with teep kicks and long straights. Problem is he cant fight any other way. If he gets backed up against the fence it'll be a rough night for him. Dariush and Gathje KO'd the dude stiff. Plus Felder can turn this into a brawl pretty easily if he needs to.

Broke his arm against Perry fighting a weight class up and still fought his ass off, Trinaldo is extremely underrated, Pearson used to be a motherfucker for almost anyone at 155 and Barboza is Barboza

And as for his awful ground game vs Oliveira...
tumblr_p0g509RRSk1rofocqo9_250.gif

Wait...doesn't Oliveira have the most subs in the history of the org? So I'd say at the least he is pretty adept at securing subs and getting finishes. And you are saying Felder helped him out by tightening it, yet...managed to fight off the choke and survive. And then win by TKO. Seems like he's either not as clueless as you claim on the mat, or he makes up for technical mistakes by being both calm and tough.

Broke his arm against Perry fighting a weight class up and still fought his ass off, Trinaldo is extremely underrated, Pearson used to be a motherfucker for almost anyone at 155 and Barboza is Barboza

And as for his awful ground game vs Oliveira...
tumblr_p0g509RRSk1rofocqo9_250.gif
Seriously? What is it with people acting like the Oliveira fight showed he had good technique on the ground? Go and actually rewatch it. He muscled his way through Oliveira's submission attempts then Oliveira did his usual tactic of quitting and let Felder pound him out after flopping to his back.

Perry sucks, broken arm or not, Felder was foolish to use the blind spinning back fist like that in the first place. It's asking for injury.

Pearson is 2-6 since that fight. He wasn't in his prime at all then.

Trinaldo was easily beaten by Vick.

Barboza is fair enough except it showed terrible fight IQ by Felder trying to just stand and bang with a guy like that. Pretty much everyone knows to beat Barboza standing you need constant forward pressure.

Last edited:
Wait...doesn't Oliveira have the most subs in the history of the org? So I'd say at the least he is pretty adept at securing subs and getting finishes. And you are saying Felder helped him out by tightening it, yet...managed to fight off the choke and survive. And then win by TKO. Seems like he's either not as clueless as you claim on the mat, or he makes up for technical mistakes by being both calm and tough.
He's calm and tough as hell. Not disputing that but way too many people are confusing him being a big strong tough guy with actually having a decent ground game or having great technique overall. Oliveira's also a notorious quitter, which is exactly what happened in that fight.

hopefully with some spinning shit, vick is a lanky dork ducking WW.

and yeah felder didn't look much smaller at the weigh ins, felder is a thick dude.

i bet vick is gonna try and stay on his bike all night like he did with trinaldo.

He's calm and tough as hell. Not disputing that but way too many people are confusing him being a big strong tough guy with actually having a decent ground game. Oliveira's also a notorious quitter, which is exactly what happened in that fight.

You have to look at it in its totality. He's no technical whiz on the mat, but he's just good enough that when you combine it with how calm he is and how tough he is, his sub defense is for sure above average. Oliveira finishes most guys he gets into that spot. That's almost not debatable. Now factor in that Felder does have some nasty gnp when he gets top position, and it's not crazy to say that his overall ability on the mat is solid. No, he's not some feared juggernaut on the ground, but he's decent.

Pearson and barboza are good strikers. He crush oliveira, and had one arm against Perry who is a welterweight.

I think I’m one of the few people who actually likes Vick. He’s a better fighter than most give him credit for....sure he just got brutally KO’d and looked like an ass because of his talk. But it seems to make people forget this guy is still a top 15 LW.
I also really like Felder in and out of the cage. But to count Vick out is foolish.

This will be a hopefully be a good fight, and may the best man win.
<Goldie11>

Can see Vick getting the W here by decision or Felder by ko

Back