Is Paul Felder going to KO James Vick?

Still think it's bullshit they wouldn't let him fight Khabib bc of his 'ranking' . But WhoTheFuck Joe Soto can get brought in from another org on same day.

Felder is a mean SOB, hoping another highlight KO

You sir see clearly

Felder via viciousness

You have to look at it in its totality. He's no technical whiz on the mat, but he's just good enough that when you combine it with how calm he is and how tough he is, his sub defense is for sure above average. Oliveira finishes most guys he gets into that spot. That's almost not debatable. Now factor in that Felder does have some nasty gnp when he gets top position, and it's not crazy to say that his overall ability on the mat is solid. No, he's not some feared juggernaut on the ground, but he's decent.
He's definitely nasty from top position with his combo of size and those elbows but people focus too much on the idea of he simply TKO'd Oliveira on the ground and ignore the fact he was largely dominated there for most of the fight before that. I mean Oliveira ate one elbow and tapped out due to strikes and is one the biggest quitters in high level MMA. Also despite having such great ground and pound and top pressure his wrestling is so underwhelming he can rarely use it anyway.

There's just a lot of factors people leave out when talking about Felder and how actually good he is.

Pearson and barboza are good strikers. He crush oliveira, and had one arm against Perry who is a welterweight.
Pearson is a decent boxer but was dominated by most half decent strikers and his only wins since beating Felder were close decisions to Mizuto Hirota and Chad Laprise. He didn't crush Oliveira it as a pretty major comeback after Charles faded and quit and he broke his own arm being foolish vs Perry who is a small relatively unskilled welterweight anyway.

He's definitely nasty from top position with his combo of size and those elbows but people focus too much on the idea of he simply TKO'd Oliveira on the ground and ignore the fact he was largely dominated there for most of the fight before that. I mean Oliveira ate one elbow and tapped out due to strikes and is one the biggest quitters in high level MMA. Also despite having such great ground and pound and top pressure his wrestling is so underwhelming he can rarely use it anyway.

There's just a lot of factors people leave out when talking about Felder and how actually good he is.

He also smashed Stevie Ray recently with gnp. I guess my point was that while he's not amazing on the ground, nor is he bad. Oliveira has some flaws with toughness sure, but he puts a ton of guys in bad spots like that. And normally he finishes them (as evidenced by all his sub wins).

I'm feeling a decision here. Unless Felder lands some kind of flashy kick he usually goes to decision. He's also probably tough enough to take whatever Vick lands. I see a split incoming after a close standup fight.

You haven't seen the fight have you? Lol
Oliveira was dominating grappling he just decided to quit after taking one decent shot on the ground.
Watched the entire fight live. Oliveira is one of my favorite fighters. One of those fights where I didn't want either guy to lose.

Felder survived the early danger, secured dominant top position and pounded Oliveira into dust.

I hope so, felder will have better fights to watch in the top 10.

He's probably the better all around fighter but Vick is lenky and has solid boxing so I wouldn't count him out. Close fight, i'd say the edge goes to Felder,

Has potential to be a great fight though so I wouldn't miss it.

Watched the entire fight live. Oliveira is one of my favorite fighters. One of those fights where I didn't want either guy to lose.

Felder survived the early danger, secured dominant top position and pounded Oliveira into dust.

By securing dominant position what you mean is Oliveira flopped to his back and began tapping to strikes after one decent elbow by Felder.

Felder didn't perform some great finish, Charles quit as he does so often vs any adversity.

ryan bader has a lot of knockouts
so does ronda rousey
Ryan bader is a good striker by mma standards and Rousey only has 1 KO & 1 early ref stoppage TKO.
Bad comparison.

By securing dominant position what you mean is Oliveira flopped to his back and began tapping to strikes after one decent elbow by Felder.

Felder didn't perform some great finish, Charles quit as he does so often vs any adversity.
Dude rewatch the fight. Felder smashed him with an ungodly amount of elbows that lasted from the 1:30 mark to the :51 mark.

That was 41 seconds of constant smashing and controlling Oliveira so he couldn't defend.

If Oliveira wanted so bad to get out of the fight he skipped at least 10 opportunities before Felder finally put him away.

(I just rewatched the fight to make sure i remembered it correctly)

Last edited:

And prior to quitting, how did oliveira fail to submit someone with such a terrible ground game?

You also said he was plodding, you can't "plod" more than gathje, you ktfo Vick. In general when someone uses the word plodding it seems they dont actually understand foot work beyond thinking bouncy=good.

Perry is in no way a small welterweight either. Though he may not have great striking, you dont beat a bigger guy, while having a broken arm, without decent striking.

No one is saying fielder is elite, but hes solid everywhere. You seem to he one of those people who have the mindset that anyine not top 3 sucks ass and kind find any reason to discredit what skill they do have.

i think vick beats felder. length and size should play a factor in this striking battle.

Since when does Felder knock people out lol?

Back