Is my workout any good?

Furia_fighter

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey sherdog, I wanted to pose this question about my workout regiment. I have done it for three fights now, and the students I instruct all seem to really enjoy it.

I will go 5 min. on the elliptical, hop off and do 5 min. of straight weights. Then have a 30 sec. rest period and go 6 min. on the elliptical and another 5 min. of weights. I continue on like this adding time to the elliptical till I hit ten min.

How does this sound? I usually do it twice a day, every other day. My daily cardio workout is a run in the morning and a run at night. Usually a bike ride in the afternoon or swim. (I'm a school teacher, so summer time allows me a lot of time to train)

Any input will be well received, I'm always trying new things but this specific workout in addition to what my coaches put me through has always yielded great results.

Sounds good to me. Technique is what you should pay attention more to but it comes with it so u need the cardio. Good job.

Technique in the weight lifting? I don't throw the weights up as fast as I can. That defeats the point of lifting. lol

Technique in the weight lifting? I don't throw the weights up as fast as I can. That defeats the point of lifting. lol

Olympic lifters disagree

yeah if you aren't body building and are infact lifting for strength and explosiveness you should lift as explosively with as heavy a weight as you can.

yeah if you aren't body building and are infact lifting for strength and explosiveness you should lift as explosively with as heavy a weight as you can.

That's what I do. Slam it up as hard and fast as I can, hold it for a moment and then bring it down slowly and controlled. My fighting background is black belt in TKD, Purple belt in BJJ, and just started wrestling and boxing. Technique is emphasized in my gym religiously.

That's what I do. Slam it up as hard and fast as I can. My fighting background is black belt in TKD, Purple belt in BJJ, and just started wrestling and boxing. Technique is emphasized in my gym religiously.

??? so which do you do?

What I meant is I don't swing it up and down fast and just let momentum do the work. I push it out fast, hold it for a moment then bring it down slowly and controlled.

Back