• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is moose the #2 mw all time?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think most would put Chris #2 but if you look at the body of work gegard has to be pretty close if not higher than Weidman all time based on sheer volume of wins against legit comp and some very high level wins as well.

I’m not sure most would put Weidman at 2.
Costa vs Moose would’ve been fun.
Tough to pick for myself in that matchup.

Do you have statistics? Is Chris considered the #2?
I'd put Mousasi ahead of Chris, considering he beat him..

ThirdSkeletalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

<StillMyBoy>

I think most would put Chris #2 but if you look at the body of work gegard has to be pretty close if not higher than Weidman all time based on sheer volume of wins against legit comp and some very high level wins as well.
post-prime Lyoto Machida beat prime Moose
Does that make Machida the #1 MW?

post-prime Lyoto Machida beat prime Moose
Does that make Machida the #1 MW?

If that's your whole arument....weak

28 significant strikes out of 35 total strikes landed by Machida
36 significant strikes out of 66 total strikes landed by Mousasi

About Machida being past his prime...not under USADA and with a chisseled body in his mid 30s....weak

Not a fucking chance. In prime years, he lost to Hall, Jacare, and Machida (who sucked/s at MW). I'd expect the #2 MW of all time to dust those guys.

Not a fucking chance. In prime years, he lost to Hall, Jacare, and Machida (who sucked/s at MW). I'd expect the #2 MW of all time to dust those guys.
I don't know about Machida "sucking" at MW. He gave Weidman a great fight right after he beat Mousasi. Machida lost to some great fighters at MW, and then just got old.

Anyway, every MW except Silva has blemishes during their prime.

All I know is Chris certainly isn't number 2. He hasn't put in enough work.

Chris turned out to be a bit of a dud after 4 fights against old Brazilians.

Moose is for sure top 5 of all time MW tho.

Anderson Silva is #1 obviously, so let's get that out of the way.

Now we are talking: Lyoto Machida, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, Yoel Romero, Izzy Adensanya, Vitor I guess, Evan Tanner not really, etc.

Not too many stud names, but I don't think you can definitively call Mousasi better than any of those guys, so no. Ultimately when you never when a UFC belt in your division, win a Bellator belt only defend it once and lose it, while beating a lot of washed up names in the UFC on top of it...

No.

Weidman - 7 ranked wins - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort
Machida
Silva
Munoz
Top 10 fighters defeated (2):
Gastelum
Maia

The Chris is the second most accomplished MW in MMA history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric Tolentino
Back