Is Mike Perry done at UFC level?

I honestly dont even understand what i watched, he looked like a brand new young kid in there learning MMA for the first time... his striking looked so bad... he was doing some strange like leaping jab or something, he kept like rushing and then stopping really quickly while kinda throwing a jab or a hook and was missing by miles. I have never seen him look so strange before striking... i didnt even notice that there was that big of a reach advantage for him to look that strange, its not like he was fighting Jon Jones in there.....

Really confused what i saw today with him, he is as tough as they get, he was even smart by trying to get it to the ground, but holy hell man, i dont know what his camp works with him at all, it just looks like his performance is based entirely on match ups, a sloppy striker he can beat, a mediocre wrestler he can beat, but any one of those guys come prepared and he looks like a rookie at times.

Hes 27...

He needs to grow up and make the decision to be a professional athlete and fighter ..

And let go of that street florida Dade county shit behind....

Hes young enough..tough enough and strong enough to turn it around...but he has to make the decision in his mind and go do it...

His problems are 100% mental...all the physical tools are there
He turns 30 this year.

Perry s career has been very strange. He looked good in his first few UFC fights but got progressively worse. He looked terrible yesterday , I think he should retire and just avoid taking any more damage

Dana seems to like him,i think we will see him again

Mike Perry should go to Bellator, move up to LHW (Burger Only Diet) and serve as a backup in the LHW GP.
Romero pulls out and then we can witness history when Perry run head first in Rumble kick

I mean I hope so. He could go be a jobber in bellator probably, they'll just use his 'ufc name' to promote some of their fighters that will take turns beating his ass.

I think he got hit too much and it affected his motor functions. Maybe he does a little of drinking and drugs on the side too. I look at his career and it just reminds me of Phil Baroni.

He really needs to go to bare knuckle boxing. He’s a great freak show fighter and BKFC just created a pension fund for their fighters. He can go make some money over there and actually have a retirement account since I’m sure he currently does not.
I don't think he's a good enough boxer for BKFC. Perry should fight Diego Sanchez and then both should retire.

He is the mexican african Fedor he needs bigger challenge to unleash his true spirit...

In this era he may well get another chance. They have so many cards to fill.

Back in the day he would have been done 4-5 fights ago.

I don’t know his contract, but i can guess he cost less than he brings in.

Mike has never been the same since the luque fight.

Oddly I was quietly optimistic that perry was going to go heavily grappling oriented, like the first round of the tim means fight, and look for the sub, but unfortunately it was a to little too late

Pretty much. I reckon they'll give one more shot, some bottom of the barrel guy that he'll probably beat.

Back