Is Mike Perry done at UFC level?

He will always put on entertaining fights, but his lack intelligence and how he gets influenced by things outside the case is really just making him worse now. He was actually better when came into to the ufc. And I don't mean he's worse because age/miles, he is training himself and his training and self accountability just fucking sucks. That only works for someone like Tony Ferguson.

yeah his face was busted up and shit
but mma fighters dont do well in the ring anyway so dont know how much its actually saying about his striking

Id believe it.. he fucking sucks. He has zero head movement. Any decent boxer would tee off on him.

His stance seems too rigid and he doesn't turn to his side and raise his shoulder, lower his chin enough. After he gets that right he could also try circling to his right when someone keeps popping him with a left jab and change distance more. With a taller fighter that has accurate striking driving the opponent up against the fence more and dirty boxing might be better than standing in the center of the cage and getting hit. I think he would do better if he went to Thailand for a year and tried to master kick boxing. He could also use a couple of ground finishing moves. Given his strength and with some takedowns he has pulled I would recommend an arm triangle finish.

This loss has to be demoralizing. It wasn't some back and forth war like the Luque fight, or an early KO like the Neal fight that could've maybe gone differently. He got thoroughly outclassed and beat up by an unranked fighter that nobody's heard of. Ouch...

Hes 27...Edit : 29

He needs to grow up and make the decision to be a professional athlete and fighter ..

And let go of that street florida Dade county shit behind....

Hes young enough..tough enough and strong enough to turn it around...but he has to make the decision in his mind and go do it...

His problems are 100% mental...all the physical tools are there

Last edited:
He'll be fighting in a parking garage, street beef videos, and/or dead ass broke in 2 years

What happened to his ko power?

He belongs to BKFC, and I always thought that. He doesn't have the skill or talent level.

Very tough guy with a good chin

D-Rod is clearly very skilled and respectable, Tim Means is a veteran who matches up well with him, he has losses to Vincente Luque and Geoff Neal, who are top contenders currently... Donald Cerrone before his recent losing streak...

I think his personality has overtaken his skill so he's getting fighters that are above his level. He can still win fights in the UFC, he just needs a step down in competition and better matchups for him. The UFC should stop looking at him as someone who should be in there with top/high-level guys, despite him having some wins over a few of them.

He still has real potential if he reinvents himself as a grappler. His chin and power give him a lot of leeway on the feet, but he clearly isn't going to climb up the division as a striker. His talent in grappling is undeniable though. If he would really dedicate himself to improving his Jiu-Jitsu, he'd be hard to deal with.

He generally gets at least one takedown per fight, has crazy strength, and moves well on top. He just tries to force things too much. Even with the skillset he has now, the Rodriguez fight was winnable. The guy just has no fight IQ and squanders his athletic attributes by fighting like an idiot.

Apart from when he shot for takedowns, he was sooooo slow. I mean, it seemed like he regressed physically. No movement on the feet, no head movement, slow reaction time, his punches had no zip.......It was like an old man almost.

yeah his face was busted up and shit
but mma fighters dont do well in the ring anyway so dont know how much its actually saying about his striking
Can’t remember who, but some UFC BW/FW recalled getting beaten up by 15 year old boxers when he went to train at good boxing gym.

It was in one of «MMA fighters predict Askren vs. Paul» videos on James Lynch’s youtube channel iirc.

They should give him Nate to prop his status back up after he wrecks Nate's life.

Back