Is Mark Hunt's chin gone or is Manhoef some puncher

Do i really have to explain why running into someone is a bad idea?
Did you not think about that fact that if you run into someone during a fight you probably expose your chin, which makes it easier to get KO'd, while adding your own weight to the collision because you ran into it, which makes the impact of the punch bigger and also makes it easier to get KO'd.

This is why I asked, because you have no idea what you're talking about. "You probably expose your chin", uh no, the fact is when you are MOVING FORWARD, and collide with a fist that is ALSO MOVING FORWARD, the force is multiplied. That is why I said to think about a car hitting a wall, and two cars hitting each other head on. Go take a physics class, go train in something, go learn.

Hunt's chin wasn't that great and Manhoef didn't hit that hard. Simple.

You're wrong. Hunt has a great chin, he walked into a punch that he didn't see, that is the worst shot you can get hit with in a fight. On top of that Manhoef does hit hard, but he was aided by having a large man quickly come forward and caught him with a counter right hand.

Well Manhoef has always been known as pillow fisted.

You bring up a fight from over five years ago to question his chin? WTF?

This reminded me of Saku vs Manhoef someone should post that gif. so beautifully violent/sad cuz it was Saku on the recieving end.

Manhoef hits like a train. I've witnessed it in real life but his punching power was barely relevant in his fight with hunt.
What does it sound like when he hits the pads? A door slamming?

JDS is known to punch on the back of the head, AGAIN, pointing to taking shots on the back of the head as evidence of a chin makes you look incompetent.
Semantics. "chin" = ability to take punishment, and Hunto always has done so with ease whether it's from Cro Cop and Banna in K-1 or JDS in the UFC.

Semantics. "chin" = ability to take punishment, and Hunto always has done so with ease whether it's from Cro Cop and Banna in K-1 or JDS in the UFC.

See it is comments like this that makes me think you don't train...at all. No, it isn't semantics. There is a reason they say, "having a good chin". It doesn't mean you're really good at taking shots to the back of the head, it means you can a take punch on the chin, and not get put down. I never said anything about Hunt's ability to take punishment, why are you bringing that up?

Anyone know what happens when two cars have a head on collision at 40 mph?
Yes: the force of the impact is made larger than it would be if one of those cars had crashed into a wall by itself, because conservation of energy necessitates that the kinetic energy of both forces adds up instead of merely fluttering off into space like an ethereal bird.

That's about the extent of my physics knowledge but acting as if everyone around here is an uneducated fuck isn't going to earn you any brownie points.

See it is comments like this that makes me think you don't train...at all.
Ok, then let's lace up and spar, and you can tell me how much I don't train.
VPofAtheism said:
No, it isn't semantics. There is a reason they say, "having a good chin". It doesn't mean you're really good at taking shots to the back of the head, it means you can take punch on the chin, and not get put down. I never said anything about Hunt's ability to take punishment, why are you bringing that up?
They say "having a good beard" too, so I mean, I'm surprised that you didn't bring up the fact that Hunt is typically clean shaven as of late.

I'm bringing that up because you are differentiating the ability to take punishment based on the specific part of the head it is delivered to, which is fallacious. The chin and the back of the head (really, base of the skull behind the ear) are the absolute WORST places to get hit, for anyone.

Yes: the force of the impact is made larger than it would be if one of those cars had crashed into a wall by itself, because conservation of energy necessitates that the kinetic energy of both forces adds up instead of merely fluttering off into space like an ethereal bird.

That's about the extent of my physics knowledge but acting as if everyone around here is an uneducated fuck isn't going to earn you any brownie points.

I'm not trying to win brownie points. I'm simply not going to hold the hands of people who barely have the ability to read. They don't train, they can barely read, and they don't understand why running into a punch hurts. SO I ask a question, they go answer it, case solved. You want to play daddy? Go ahead...

Ok, then let's lace up and spar, and you can tell me how much I don't train.They say "having a good beard" too, so I mean, I'm surprised that you didn't bring up the fact that Hunt is typically clean shaven as of late.

You don't train. I already know you don't train because you tell someone to come spar you over the internet instead of just saying, "Bro, I have trained in X and Y for this amount of years." What are you talking about? What part of your face does a beard grow on? Certainly not the back of your head...and you're upset because I'm treating you like you're uneducated? INTO THE CORNER WITH YOU!

I'm bringing that up because you are differentiating the ability to take punishment based on the specific part of the head it is delivered to, which is fallacious. The chin and the back of the head (really, base of the skull behind the ear) are the absolute WORST places to get hit, for anyone.

See when you start using words that I didn't use, and what I said has been logged, it means you're reaching. When someone says you have a good CHIN, it means you can take a direct shot on the chin and not be put down. Yes, that is what it means when someone says you have a GOOD CHIN, it means you can take a punch on the chin. It doesn't mean when I say you have a GOOD CHIN, that you can shots to the back of the head really well. If you want to say Hunt can take damage so be it, I'm not disagreeing, but when you say he has a good chin putting up a GIF of him being punched in the back of the head is idiotic. I'm sorry you don't understand this, but you should go sit in the corner and think about it...

I'm not trying to win brownie points. I'm simply not going to hold the hands of people who barely have the ability to read. They don't train, they can barely read, and they don't understand why running into a punch hurts. SO I ask a question, they go answer it, case solved. You want to play daddy? Go ahead...
Your condescension is unwarranted seeing as how you're criticizing people for "barely reading", when you criticized my example of Hunto not being KOed by JDS on the basis of semantics, and then literally went on to say that you are not talking about semantics, when your criticism was rooted in semantics to begin with.
VPofAtheism said:
You don't train. I already know you don't train because you tell someone to come spar you over the internet instead of just saying, "Bro, I have trained in X and Y for this amount of years." What are you talking about? What part of your face does a beard grow on? Certainly not the back of your head...and you're upset because I'm treating you like you're uneducated? INTO THE CORNER WITH YOU!
No, your standards are bullshit because talk is cheap, and I'd rather prove the veracity of my claims by laying your ass out in person so I can get back to rolling as opposed to attempting to do so some ineffectual tough guy posturing over the internet. Anyway, if I don't train then surely it'll be easy for you to come to my gym and kick my ass, so here's where I train: Connors MMA, 180 Kerry Place Norwood Mass.

I'll be waiting. You know, in the gym.

Furthermore, if your beard only grows on your jaw/chin as opposed to your cheeks and neck then you must have one fucked up beard.

See when you start using words that I didn't use, and what I said has been logged, it means you're reaching. When someone says you have a good CHIN, it means you can take a direct shot on the chin and not be put down. Yes, that is what it means when someone says you have a GOOD CHIN, it means you can take a punch on the chin. It doesn't mean when I say you have a GOOD CHIN, that you can shots to the back of the head really well. If you want to say Hunt can take damage so be it, I'm not disagreeing, but when you say he has a good chin putting up a GIF of him being punched in the back of the head is idiotic. I'm sorry you don't understand this, but you should go sit in the corner and think about it...

If you can't understand the implication that, if Hunto wasn't KOed by a shot to the back of the head, then he PROBABLY wouldn't be KOed by the very same punch were it to be delivered to a different spot (i.e. his jaw), then you need to log off Sherdog and re-evaluate your life.

Your condescension is unwarranted seeing as how you're criticizing people for "barely reading", when you criticized my example of Hunto not being KOed by JDS on the basis of semantics, and then literally went on to say that you are not talking about semantics, when your criticism was rooted in semantics to begin with.

I didn't say anything about the result of the fight. I didn't say anything about Hunt's ability to take punishment. All I said is that a GIF of someone getting punched in the back of the head isn't a proper way to demonstrate a good chin. No, I am not talking about semantics, you keep saying that over and over. I am sorry you don't understand that the chin and the back of the head are different parts of the body. I am sorry that you don't understand why I say you can barely read, but you can BARELY read.

No, your standards are bullshit because talk is cheap, and I'd rather prove the veracity of my claims by laying your ass out in person so I can get back to rolling as opposed to attempting to do so some ineffectual tough guy posturing over the internet. Anyway, if I don't train then surely it'll be easy for you to come to my gym and kick my ass, so here's where I train: Connors MMA, 180 Kerry Place Norwood Mass.

I'll be waiting. You know, in the gym.

Furthermore, if your beard only grows on your jaw/chin as opposed to your cheeks and neck then you must have one fucked up beard.

Lol, talk is cheap? You do realize this is an internet forum right? The fact you are just SO confident you're going to "lay me out" is another indicator you're insecure, and afraid. What else are you going to use on the internet to posture, your fists? I can see why you think asking people to come spar you is a good idea...lol. I wouldn't give out your gym information, people will just start shaming you for being a clown. Of course you'll be waiting in the gym, what else do you have to do with your time?

Okay, so now instead of just breaking down and admitting you sound ridiculous trying to attribute a good chin to being punched in the back of the head...you are going to start telling everyone where a beard grows? Is this your level of ability in debate?

If you can't understand the implication that, if Hunto wasn't KOed by a shot to the back of the head, then he PROBABLY wouldn't be KOed by the very same punch were it to be delivered to a different spot (i.e. his jaw), then you need to log off Sherdog and re-evaluate your life.

Look at this ladies and gentlemen, when a person who doesn't know how to read create arguments and then thinks they are a genius for...? I didn't say any of that actually. Your brain has a problem reading information and interpreting it. This is called a lack of reading comprehension. What I said, and the point I've been making this entire time, that you are too dense to understand....WAIT FOR IT, using a GIF of Hunt getting punched in the back of the head to show he has a good chin, is idiotic. Now go sit in the corner and think about it...

Manhoef has the KO power to put anyone out. Can't hold that against Hunt.

Back