Is Lloyd Irvin the best BJJ coach ever ?

As if ADCC isnt better, all the leg locks and the lack of pyjamas!

But that every two years and how many adcc nogi guys are out there cashing in on seminar and DVD? The gravy is at IBJJF bb world. Even the pro IBJJF did get no interest regardless that everyone is crying about cash price!

Six months of sharing a house with a bunch of medal chasers. Give me a break. They are after an IBJJF gold for bb and team. The rest means nothing.

You're delusional.

Medal chasers care about the quickest path to profit and fame. They care about competitions that will put them closer to that goal. Lloyd Irvin sees it as a stepping stone. That's it. He has not blind loyalty to it. If the medal chasers could grapple for cash every weekend they would tell the IBJJF to go fuck themselves.

These aren't random Brazilians hoping to make a name for themselves so they can open an overpriced gym for California yuppies. They don't need the IBJJF as much as others do.

You're delusional.

Medal chasers care about the quickest path to profit and fame. They care about competitions that will put them closer to that goal. Lloyd Irvin sees it as a stepping stone. That's it. He has not blind loyalty to it. If the medal chasers could grapple for cash every weekend they would tell the IBJJF to go fuck themselves.

These aren't random Brazilians hoping to make a name for themselves so they can open an overpriced gym for California yuppies. They don't need the IBJJF as much as others do.

How do you know this? Is this a fact or just an opinion?

You're delusional.

The small shows like Naga etc...that was so last year or more the first generation. They set their goals into something bigger which they can reach. I never said that they are loyal to IBJJF.

How do you know this? Is this a fact or just an opinion?

Neither. It was an implication that Lloyd made on the Inside BJJ podcast (I think it was Inside BJJ, it was definitely a podcast from this last december) when he was asked about whether the IBJJF should be paying their competitors.

He said, the IBJJF shouldn't and that competitors should be using it as a stepping stone to get famous so they can make money on thier own and they shouldn't rely on an organization to pay them.

That and, that Jordan guy on team LI (that no one likes) also said the medal chasers goal is doing the competitions that make money.

How are other comps irrelevent? Guys like dean lister compete in adcc and tapped out the number1 ibjjf athlete in rodolfo viera. You sound brainwashed by the ibjjf

What about? You as a coach would dismiss the IBJJF so your student would compete as a bb in another event? Even in adcc, Keenan does need to be a bb to compete with the top guy. Once again you lost me right there.

He won all 6 of his matches, but so did sean roberts right? And how do you know he 'destroyed' everyone? Several of his matches went more than 20 minutes. I wouldnt call that destroying everyone.

I wouldn't put Lloyd Irvin over Cavaca. Proof is in the pudding: One has two reigning worlds champs on his team, one does not.

Neither. It was an implication that Lloyd made on the Inside BJJ podcast (I think it was Inside BJJ, it was definitely a podcast from this last december) when he was asked about whether the IBJJF should be paying their competitors.

He said, the IBJJF shouldn't and that competitors should be using it as a stepping stone to get famous so they can make money on thier own and they shouldn't rely on an organization to pay them.

That and, that Jordan guy on team LI (that no one likes) also said the medal chasers goal is doing the competitions that make money.

That was my point exactly, IBJJF events are the biggest stepping stone for them at the moment.

That was my point exactly, IBJJF events are the biggest stepping stone for them at the moment.

I'm taking your words literal.

Six months of sharing a house with a bunch of medal chasers. Give me a break. They are after an IBJJF gold for bb and team. The rest means nothing.

The rest DO mean something. I'm not saying the mundials isn't a big deal, I'm just saying that besides getting a chance to say you beat the best competition for no pay, winning IBJJF medals are only there to impress people like you.

I don't even know why I'm in this thread. I don't care when Keenan Cornelius gets his blackbelt. I don't care what comps he fights at. I think Lloyd Irvin IS the most consistant coach in BJJ today, probably in BJJ history.

I only posted in this thread to say "the point is mute" is a stupid misuse of language. It's not like a typo or a spelling error. It's an incorrectly used word by someone who was trying to sound smart in a rebuttal.

That is all.

What about? You as a coach would dismiss the IBJJF so your student would compete as a bb in another event? Even in adcc, Keenan does need to be a bb to compete with the top guy. Once again you lost me right there.

just because the ibjjf is has a bigger venue and the refs are in suits doesnt mean its a better event. athletes arent paid to compete at pans and worlds and they actually spend money to fight.

i dont think it will be a big deal if hes not on budo videos and gracie mag for the next 6 months just because hes at grapplers quest or abu dhabi pro trials.

as I said before, some of the greatest grapplers in the world are not avid ibjjf competitors: Dean Lister, Jeff Glover, Pablo Popovitch.

the brown belts keenan will be facing at top ibjjf tournies will be tougher than the black belts he'd see at naga/gq

he's only 20... give it a break

that guy is 140lbs and was going to join tli after the tourney. not that it would have mattered but they were playing around

that guy is 140lbs and was going to join tli after the tourney. not that it would have mattered but they were playing around

they werent "playing around". keenan was tooling him.

he went on to win the whole tourney. his weight and open weight.

he also beat sinistro 3 times since hes had his brown.
If he beats xande this weekend, he should definitely be promoted

He certainly has enough money to provide tons of tools and a great environment for people to flourish. Is he the best BJJ coach? On what strictly technique?

they werent "playing around". keenan was tooling him.

he went on to win the whole tourney. his weight and open weight.

he also beat sinistro 3 times since hes had his brown.
If he beats xande this weekend, he should definitely be promoted

They were both laughing and cracking smiles throughout the fight if you look closely. He will get promoted after worlds due to ibjjf 1 year at brown belt rule.

Back