Is Josh Parisian supposed to get smoked tonight?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Either this is a mismatch on paper and Josh gets smoked, or Despaigne gets octagon jitters and loses his 1st UFC match.

There's a huge height & reach discrepancy between the two fighters.

I just love that neither of this guy's last two fights have gone even 5 seconds.
And the one before went a whopping 12 seconds. I just saw on wiki this dude has an 87 in reach. Wtf lol

If Josh survives 1 round, that will be a moral victory.

Either this is a mismatch on paper and Josh gets smoked, or Despaigne gets octagon jitters and loses his 1st UFC match.

There's a huge height & reach discrepancy between the two fighters.

I've questioned this too, I wouldn't quite say "Josh is gonna win", but I don't have any faith in a guy like Despaigne who has crushed 4 absolute cans.

Heavyweight can crushers winning in under 30 seconds isn't that rare, what's rare is they keep winning at UFC level.

He is absolutely being brought in as a sacrificial lamb, but it's hard to have a ton of faith in Robelis like some seem to. The guy is the epitome of unproven. We don't know if he can stuff a takedown. We don't know if he will panic if he gets put on his back or make dumb mistakes. We don't know if he can handle himself in the clinch. We don't know if he can go 15 minutes. We don't know if he can take a punch. A lot of people expected Braxton Smith to smoke Parker Porter, but we saw how that turned out. Mind you I think Robelis passes the eye test moreso than Braxton and Porter was better than Parisian is in turn. Still, it shows the peril of trusting these HW early-finisher can-crusher types too much.

I am hesitantly picking Robelis to smoke Parisian early with his advantage in raw speed, reach, and power. But I won't be surprised if he gets fraud-checked in a grimy affair where Josh weathers the early storm and grinds him out. Josh has a decent chin for what he is and is okay at fighting at a steady pace for 15 minutes with multiple wins inside the UFC (also arguably beat Pogues)... but he doesn't really present much of an offensive wrestling threat historically. In fact, he's usually the dude getting outgrappled lol.

He is absolutely being brought in as a sacrificial lamb, but it's hard to have a ton of faith in Robelis like some seem to. The guy is the epitome of unproven. We don't know if he can stuff a takedown. We don't know if he will panic if he gets put on his back or make dumb mistakes. We don't know if he can handle himself in the clinch. We don't know if he can go 15 minutes. We don't know if he can take a punch. A lot of people expected Braxton Smith to smoke Parker Porter, but we saw how that turned out. Mind you I think Robelis passes the eye test moreso than Braxton and Porter was better than Parisian is in turn. Still, it shows the peril of trusting these HW early-finisher can-crusher types too much.

I am hesitantly picking Robelis to smoke Parisian early with his advantage in raw speed, reach, and power. But I won't be surprised if he gets fraud-checked in a grimy affair where Josh weathers the early storm and grinds him out. Josh has a decent chin for what he is and is okay at fighting at a steady pace for 15 minutes with multiple wins inside the UFC (also arguably beat Pogues)... but he doesn't really present much of an offensive wrestling threat historically. In fact, he's usually the dude getting outgrappled lol.
You also have to wonder if a 35 years old Despaigne is just cashing out whatever he has left of his fighting career through MMA. He got 4 scrubs and in less than 2 years the worst case scenario would be to receive 2 UFC paychecks. I doubt he made any good money during his TKD years.

752234-29046749.png

834932-33592552.png

:cool: :cool: :cool:

There's no similarity between him and Braxton Smith lol. One is an Olympic medalist calibre athlete, the other is a big dude who took a lot of steroids.

There's no similarity between him and Braxton Smith lol. One is an Olympic medalist calibre athlete, the other is a big dude who took a lot of steroids.

I know, I remember watching Braxton's tapes and likened his striking style to King Kong swatting at planes.

The worst tape study I have ever done. Yet I still worried he'd just KO Porter in 5 seconds.

Robelis is nowhere near that bad, but anyone thinking he's a banker is lying to themselves - even if he does win in 5 seconds!

I know, I remember watching Braxton's tapes and likened his striking style to King Kong swatting at planes.

The worst tape study I have ever done. Yet I still worried he'd just KO Porter in 5 seconds.

Robelis is nowhere near that bad, but anyone thinking he's a banker is lying to themselves - even if he does win in 5 seconds!

I'm not betting any heavyweight at 1.2 odds like Robelis is but I'd be very surprised if he lost. The difference in athleticism is gargantuan.

I'd be worried against a solid grappler but Josh isn't that.

I'm not betting any heavyweight at 1.2 odds like Robelis is but I'd be very surprised if he lost. The difference in athleticism is gargantuan.

I'd be worried against a solid grappler but Josh isn't that.

I'd still be worried if Parisian fell on top of Despaigne for obvious reasons.

Back