Is Jon Jones the Most Blatant Example of a Champ Ducking Ever?

I feel you, but he wouldn't get the credit he deserves either way just like he doesn't for gane. so to him, it makes no difference.

Im also not a jones fan really, but all that shit you're spouting is delusional. Especially the part about him moving up when francis left. That is just want you want to tell yourself and it's hilarious cope you're going to miss jon more than I do I can tell already.

I actually can’t wait for jon to “ride off into the sunset” as he says. Maybe we can start to hype a more legitimate face of the sport

He one hundred percent would get credit for taking up the challenge of Aspinall. Instead he tries to disparage him altogether, that’s not goat material. If he lost it would still mean more for his legacy than what he’s doing now

Worst is Germaine de Randamie getting stripped for refusing to fight Cyborg.
She at least had the dignity to acknowledge the truth. She publicly said she wouldn't fight Cyborg, she got stripped soon after and shit was over with.

Jon has been talking crap for years and years and years, with no intention of ever defending the belt against anyone besides Stipe. Germaine has more balls than the does.

She at least had the dignity to acknowledge the truth. She publicly said she wouldn't fight Cyborg, she got stripped soon after and shit was over with.

Sorry, but I'm not accepting this whole retcon of GDR's blatant ducking. She said she was concerned for her health and fertility, so why even take the title fight in the first place when it was widely acknowledged that Cyborg would be next?

I actually can’t wait for jon to “ride off into the sunset” as he says. Maybe we can start to hype a more legitimate face of the sport

He one hundred percent would get credit for taking up the challenge of Aspinall. Instead he tries to disparage him altogether, that’s not goat material. If he lost it would still mean more for his legacy than what he’s doing now
Tom is literally the backup for Jones/Stipe.

Quit bitching.

He's not an official duck, in the sense that he's never been offered the contract and formally declined to fight Aspinall.

But what would you call Jones running polls on his instagram, asking his own fans if they wanted to see him fight Aspinall or Poatan after Stipe.

Then calling his fans crazy when they voted near unanimously for Aspinall, and said Poatan is the bigger fight, and if he fights again after Stipe he wants a history making fight with Pereira.

He's done about as much as a guy can do without explicitly saying it that he will never fight Aspinall.
He could have shut this whole thing down by saying "I'll fight Aspinall after Stipe", but he refuses to even entertain the idea.

At least he should have had the decency to confirm it's his retirement fight a year ago so everyone knows the situation. Refusing to commit to retiring, and refusing to commit to fighting the interim champ is poor form.

That's still ducking. By her own admission she knew if she won the title she would fight Cyborg next. Won it, then immediately said "I'm good, here's your belt back".

I don't need to defend Jones here, but the guy has been asking for the Stipe fight before Tom was a contender.

Again she gave up the title. She didn't hold up the division demanding to fight someone 45 and hasn't won a fight in 5 years.

The benefit of the doubt I'd give Jon Jones is that he's injured. It's unfortunate that he's holding up a division, but given his body of work, I'd say let him have his final match and ride off into the sunset.

People have mentioned Germaine de Radamie. I'd like to offer my Conor who as far as I can recall has never defended a title anywhere and, IMO has never looked like he's been interested in defending

GSP ducking Anderson and saying that due to Anderson's size, he could literally die in the fight was an all time cringe duck.

I think GSP would have mopped the floor with Anderson but he was terrified of that fight.

Jones just wants a legacy fight, Stipe's name on his resume and to retire. I don't don't think he's afraid at all of Tom. He just doesn't seem him as anything special. He didn't duck Gane who was a scary prospect before that fight.

It changes nothing. Tom aspinalls next fight will be against the winner of gane Vs volkov. It will be for the undisputed title. You realize Jones fights in like 2 months right? Jones relinquishing the title today does not change any of this.
Tom fighting to win a belt in 2025 which he should already have held since 2023 changes plenty. He could have racked up 3 or 4 defense's before he's actually going to get a chance to win the belt in the first place, because Jones is bigger than the sport in Dana's mind

took someone who followed MMA 16 years to create an account on this site...LOL

go the fuck away will you, Jones was not only the youngest champion, he has fought and not ducked anyone in his whole career

is Aspinall a bit too big, a bit too fast...possibly, but stop being a fucking moron, the guy has been fighting absolute killers for nearly 15 years and a has resume that isnt comparable
Bro you really think an account on sherdog is a good indicator of how long someone has followed mma? Are you seriously that delusional that you think its a flex you have wasted so much time on this site? (its not especially with that low of a ratio to messages/likes... clearly no one even agrees with you and yet here you are...)

Jon cherry picked an easy match to get the belt instead of wanting to fight Fran and actually prove he is the best and now he is cherry picking an easy title defense.

I'm not saying that Jon doesnt deserve the fight, Im saying that Stipe doesnt and Jon is happy to take the easy fight so on "PAPER" he has a defense yet in reality it was against a guy who didnt deserve it while there was an interim champ who did.

You seem really emotionally invested in this bud, its not that serious.

Take a deep breathe....

And turn off the tab on your browser with all those "Sexual Chocolate" pics

Jones Derangement Syndrome is a very real thing. Jones has fought more killers than pretty much anyone in UFC history.
So that gives him a free pass to pad his record and avoid fighting the best even though the belt is on the line?

What he did 10 years ago doesn't matter, we are talking about current times, not the past. He has not looked like that killer in a long time, and none of that matters at all when you take into account that my issue isn't with Jon fighting for the belt, its with him fighting Stipe.

Just because Jon is considered the goat by most people does not give him a free pass to get easy fights and pad his record. If the belt wasnt on the line I would say give him the money fight and make it against tank abbot for all I care. But when the credibility of "the baddest man on the planet" is being tossed around like a joke it takes a lot away from Jons legacy and the credibility of the ufc.

See, I'm trying to do them a favor by pointing out the idiocrasy!

I don't need to defend Jones here, but the guy has been asking for the Stipe fight before Tom was a contender.
Not once did Stipe hear a peep while he was a great HW Champion.

No one needs to defend Jones, and all true fans know why. In Pico's prime he NEVER had the guts to step to Stipe or DC or Cain or ANY HW at all.

But then Francis was there, so he waited a bit longer, like 4 years, ten in total from when he first said he would move up. He moved up coincidentally the same week that Francis left.
<cruzshake>
Tom is literally the backup for Jones/Stipe.
Literally, that BS is Dana's biggest joke since he awarded the "Gift of Gane" fake belt and gave it to an undeserving coward.

We seem to be discounting Stipe here. He deserves a big money last hurrah fight too.
Not for the belt.

So now every time someone is retiring we give them one last immediate title shot even if they haven't fought in 3.5 years and have no wins of ANY currently contracted ufc fighters?

Sorry, but I'm not accepting this whole retcon of GDR's blatant ducking. She said she was concerned for her health and fertility, so why even take the title fight in the first place when it was widely acknowledged that Cyborg would be next?
She was also vocal about cyborg being on steroids.....kinda like your boy jon....

Glad we can agree Jon's case is even more cowardly and damning for his legacy :)

Back