Is Jon Jones the Most Blatant Example of a Champ Ducking Ever?

He’s literally fighting the guy he was originally and always signed to fight, who never lost to Aspinall and his shot to him as that was Sergei.

You guys are constantly making yourself look ridiculous. And we’re all well aware you’re only doing cause you think that Aspinall could MAYBE beat this current old Jones, which you’ve spent nearly 2 decades waiting for.

If Blaydes had won or you knew Sergei could’ve lost simply by getting his face jabbed off none of you would be making this outroar that they must fight Jones over Stipe. Who once again never actually lost to any of these people and is Jones original challenge.

Would love to see the correlation between those of you who didn’t mind that Cormier somehow kept his injury replacement title shot over Gus when Gus got injured and then Jon did too so both fights were scrapped anyways and they could’ve just rebooked Jones/Gus 2. I’m sure a lot of you didn’t mind Gus got leapfrogged there as you were simply high on “Black Fedor” being the one better capable of beating Jones.

I would say Bisping is the worse. Bisping ducked the top 10 of MW, especially Yoel. Then defends the MW belt against a 45 year old, non top 10 fighter in Hendo, which he lost that fight too. Only then to fight GSP who never fought at MW and was never in the top 100 at MW. Talk about a POS one eyed duck.

Don't worry, odds are that in a few years no one will care about Aspinall just like no one cares about Gane anymore, the previous knight for those with Jones Derangement Syndrome.

What a stupid thread. Jon Jones is the GOAT. I know you can't sleep well at night.
GOATS don’t duck or hide under training camp rings to avoid testing. GOATS don’t use dirty tactics like oblique kicks and eye pokes.

Jon jones legacy is cemented you goofs,

win lose or draw this does nothing for jones as tom aspinal
doesnt even have that many accolades. he was never as frighting as francis
or cain or even intriguing like Brock lesnar. hes just one of many, who i doubt championship reign will last
longer than 2 years...

Jon jones legacy is cemented you goofs,

win lose or draw this does nothing for jones as tom aspinal
doesnt even have that many accolades. he was never as frighting as francis
or cain or even intriguing like Brock lesnar. hes just one of many, who i doubt championship reign will last
longer than 2 years...

Yes, yes it is.

I've been following MMA since the early 2000's and I honestly can't think of a more aggreges example. Not one that carries this much weight.

I have to say though this cherry picking and holding up belts, while awful for guys in Tom's position, is good for the sport of mma as a whole.

Now before you go flaming my account hear me out....

The more that the UFC does this kind of garbage the less and less credible that they are as the organization with the best in the world fighting the best in the world, which is great for the sport of mma as a whole and will create more competition between organizations to actually compensate the fighters and treat them fairly instead of claiming they all "don't wanna fight"

Also the fans are getting tired of the manufactured hype and just not tuning it for it nearly as much as we used to.

As of today the UFC does not give a single F about the fans and would rather protect their favorite fighters and hold up divisions to try to create money fights but my prediction is they are going to get more and more push back to the point of finally realizing that trashing all the fighters and fans who disagree with them all for the sake of a single event or fighter is actually not a wise choice.

Dana did amazing things for the sport of mma but those days are long gone, now I feel like dana and the ufc are a complete detriment to the sport of mma and we would have way more top level talent if they actually treated fighters fairly instead of trying to rip them off every chance they get all in the name of a money fight.

It boggles my mind how they can be so near sighted....
Remember gsp ducking anderson like a plaque
anderson would fight him at catchweight but he refuses it

it took him years and years of waiting to add 15 lbs of weight just to fight bisping

jones added 45 lbs of weight thats like 3x the weight of 15

if nganou had just signed the contract they had fought already

gsp on the other hand wont even try to talk about the fight
wahaha

the dude also didnt defend the belt he ducked the contenders
that was brutal ducking of george st pierre
also he had the body of a bodybuilder
his shoulders are as big as his head
damn
THE BEST NATURAL FIGHTER of all time
also GSP inst A DUCK
because hes a good guy
Picture_11_display_image.png

Last edited:
Stipe has not fought in 3.5 year and has no wins over ANY current heavyweight UFC fighters, the fact that it "has been set up for a while now" is exactly the problem. If this was 3 years ago it would maybe MAYBE make sense, but not now.

I'm all for Jon and Stipe getting one last money fight, the problem that the belt for "the baddest man on the planet" is on the line.

Jon needs to unify or vacate, the division should have never been held up this long for Stipe.

Take Jon out of the equation, just the fact that it was held up this long for Stipe should bother everyone. A fighers prime can be really short and Tom's is slipping by while being told to defend his interim belt.

IMO way more people should be pissed about this
Everything you said is true. The thing is we’ve already seen a similar thing happen. GSP basically came off of a loss and fought for the MW belt after not having fought for a while. That shit held up the MW title for a very long time. This is just par for the course in the regards to the ufc. For some reason they think a belt automatically makes a fight sell more. I can totally get not being happy about this. I just don’t think it makes sense to pretend someone is ducking because the ufc didn’t set up the fight we wanted.

I see no ducking, I see arrests, I see moving up in weight class and pumping up time... I see drugs and Roids .. drugs and partying too much money... Dude had no time to duck, at least Conor used his time off with money to make a movie and run for president.

How many years did it take for Jones to add 30 pounds? Ducked prime Cain, prime Stipe, Ngannnou and now he's ducking Aspinall. Yes, he's the most blatant example and it's not even close.

How quickly everyone forgets. Ngannou won the belt in March and literally said he wanted to fight Jones in July. Jones wasn't available but Derrick Lewis was. He had earned his title shot with his ko over Blaydes. They offered Ngannou the fight for July he said no. They offered it to again for August and he said no. They offered it a third time for September and again Ngannou ducked. You would think he would want to get that loss back but he was too scared Derrick would knock him out.

It depends how you define it. In terms of # of fights ducking, Bisping was worse. He ducked Yoel Romero & Whittaker twice by fighting Dan Henderson and then GSP.

If we are talking about amount of time without fighting a top ranked contender, Jon Jones will easily end up being the biggest duck. Jon Jones is already looking at 20 months without any title defense, and about to defend against someone outside of the top 5. But that's not all! Jon Jones will then likely proceed to hold the belt hostage instead of actually retiring, trolling on social media for 12 months until the UFC forces him to defend or vacate (retire).

So in terms of time, Jon Jones could theoretically end up holding the heavyweight belt for 32 months without defending against a legitimate heavyweight contender. That would easily make him the biggest ducking champion of all time in the UFC. A record not likely to ever be broken.

Yes, yes it is.

I've been following MMA since the early 2000's and I honestly can't think of a more aggreges example. Not one that carries this much weight.

I have to say though this cherry picking and holding up belts, while awful for guys in Tom's position, is good for the sport of mma as a whole.

Now before you go flaming my account hear me out....

The more that the UFC does this kind of garbage the less and less credible that they are as the organization with the best in the world fighting the best in the world, which is great for the sport of mma as a whole and will create more competition between organizations to actually compensate the fighters and treat them fairly instead of claiming they all "don't wanna fight"

Also the fans are getting tired of the manufactured hype and just not tuning it for it nearly as much as we used to.

As of today the UFC does not give a single F about the fans and would rather protect their favorite fighters and hold up divisions to try to create money fights but my prediction is they are going to get more and more push back to the point of finally realizing that trashing all the fighters and fans who disagree with them all for the sake of a single event or fighter is actually not a wise choice.

Dana did amazing things for the sport of mma but those days are long gone, now I feel like dana and the ufc are a complete detriment to the sport of mma and we would have way more top level talent if they actually treated fighters fairly instead of trying to rip them off every chance they get all in the name of a money fight.

It boggles my mind how they can be so near sighted....
Jones haters are derranged

Probably not. Jones has been fighting forever and just wants one last fight. It's more understandable than a fighter in their prime years with many more to go
If he wants a soft touch retirement farewell fight let him give up the belt. As long as he has the belt he has an obligation to defend against the interim champ. Blatant duck.

Back