Is Jon Fitch Hall of Fame Material????

wat***

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Skill-wise, I think so. I believe that if he were to retire today, he should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. However, I dont think the UFC would put him in there because many people believe him to be boring. I guess being an exciting fighter is something to be considered when talking about being in the hall of fame, but I think being the long time number 2 WW in the world and losing only twice in the past 10 years should make him a strong candidate...

What do you guys think?

RIP Smokin Joe Frazier (I am watching a highlight of him and felt like putting that there lol)

Also, who has a better chance at being in the HOF, Chael Sonnen or Jon Fitch. If Chael was to lose to JJ and retire?

Last edited:
i think he's got about three more years or so left in him so we'll see how he ultimately does with the time that remains on his career. so far he's made a quality case for himself as number three welterweight of all time behind GSP and Hughes in my opinion but even that's debatable.

i love Fitch so i cant view it without biased eyes. i'll say sure, he should be inducted but that's the fitch fan in me. in reality he probably won't.

He's never held a UFC belt. I can see a fighter getting into the hall of fame wihtout ever having won a championship fight, but Fitch?

Not sure...

He is definitely HOF worthy.

Losing to GSP and Hendricks isn't anything to be ashamed of

Very few fighters should make the HOF if they never win the belt, Fitch might be one of them.

He's never held a UFC belt. I can see a fighter getting into the hall of fame wihtout ever having won a championship fight, but Fitch?

Not sure...

kinda agree but doesn't he still hold some UFC records?? even if so.... not sure either lol :mad:

I don't think so, but if they start letting in anybody who did decent into the HOF then maybe.

he is effective and controls all him opponents...
I respect that a ton
and
he beats everyone except the champ

but
unless he wins a belt I don't ever see it happening

Despite what he has accomplished in the cage, he's neither Canadian or good looking.

So no.

I don't think so, but if they start letting in anybody who did decent into the HOF then maybe.

I would say that hes done waaaaaay more than decent. Its not his fault hes in the same weight division as one of the GOATs. Boxing has a lot lesser known/skilled fighters in their HOF if we were to compare accomplishments.

No. He's never been a champion.

Has he even set any meaningful record(s)?

I would say that hes done waaaaaay more than decent. Its not his fault hes in the same weight division as one of the GOATs. Boxing has a lot lesser known/skilled fighters in their HOF if we were to compare accomplishments.

His two best fights imo are Against Silva and GSP.

One a loss (brutal beatdown) another a competitive win. That's why people will have a hard time saying he is HOF material imo.

Back