Is it weird that we haven't heard from gaethje yet?

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Gaethje hasn't been active at all on social media. No interviews. Nothing. Meanwhile we heard plenty from Costa when he lost.

When Dustin lost, he did several post fight interviews and the ufc's post fight conference.

The last tweet I can remember Justin doing was a tweet cheering on the election. That's about it.

Last edited:
What is he meant to say?

He isn't like other fighters coming off a loss, making ridiculous exuses.

He's humble.

Probably waiting for news for his next opponent
That's true. Plus social media is fucking toxic. I bet he'd just want to detox away from it.

That being said he handle the loss like a real one and I don't think the reaction would be as bad as some might think. Dustin reception was pretty good after the loss.

I just thought we'd hear more from him about now. Figured we'd get some standard answer. Thanking his fans be back at it again soon. Some shit like that

he did a lot of interviews directly after the fight . what u want from him ?
An interview lol..he did maybe one interview outside of the octagon that's a controlled interview with Olivi. Didn't do any post fight interviews. Nothing comprehensive as Dustin when he lost.

I want to know about his gameplan, what surprised him, etc. He did two short interviews. Dustin fielded questions from all sort of reporters.

Last edited:
He's for trump. Even though he called trump a dumbass in 2016 lol.
Same as with Ali, insulted Trump not that long ago and now shaking his hand lmao. None of these dudes voted for Trump in 2016 or support(ed) him, they just see it as an opportunity to get a picture with the President and raise popularity.

I think he said all he needed to say after that loss. Gaethje seems real low key and low maintenance. He's a really nice guy. I'm sure he's going to enjoy the holiday and get back to training if he isn't already.

Same as with Ali, insulted Trump not that long ago and now shaking his hand lmao. None of these dudes voted for Trump in 2016 or support(ed) him, they just see it as an opportunity to get a picture with the President and raise popularity.
LMAO never knew ali did that but yeah they're all out for self.

I think he said all he needed to say after that loss. Gaethje seems real low key and low maintenance. He's a really nice guy. I'm sure he's going to enjoy the holiday and get back to training if he isn't already.

I would have loved to hear more. I watched the prefight interviews. He was very comprehensive in what he wanted to do and etc etc.

What we got after the fight wasn't even as close. I wish gaethje didn't skip the post fight press conference but It is what it is. Hopefully for his next fight he can tell us more about the last fight.

None of these dudes voted for Trump in 2016 or support(ed) him, they just see it as an opportunity to get a picture with the President and raise popularity.
It is almost as if you can be respectful, shake a hand, share an interest and take a picture without supporting somebody. Perhaps you can even be political opponents without being enemies.

He needs to explain this grin and stance, walk us what was going through his mind. He owes it to us fans.

View attachment 814228
Lol all jokes aside I wanted to hear more about his strato and why they changed and went in with that and shit. He'll not even his coach has spoke. Mike brown spoke not long after Dustin lost. It's just weird we've heard nothing.

Lol all jokes aside I wanted to hear more about his strato and why they changed and went in with that and shit. He'll not even his coach has spoke. Mike brown spoke not long after Dustin lost. It's just weird we've heard nothing.

Me too, everyone thought Gaethje would be the one pressuring Khabib in the standup but it was the exact opposite.

Khabib threw 80 strikes in 6.5 minutes almost all of which were standing.

Justin got walked down not because he feared the takedown but because he feared the striking power coming from Khabib

Back