Is it risky to tell them to get off my back because I don't like working with Indians?

I want to reiterate that I'm not talking about Indians who grew up here and understand our laid back culture. You can easily distinguish the two.

I work in a big company in a certain division (have 2 roles) with great people, culture, good pay and manager but there's one and only major drawback.

My Indian supervisor is the polar opposite of my manager and all the other easygoing superiors who listen to what we all have to say without being micromanaged and trusting us with the roles we do ourselves.

I don't even know where to begin and how much my blood pressure went off the roof because of that cunt. Same for other staff members who have the same issue as me and said our work vibe is 10x better when he's away.

But let's cut the chase and say is it worth the risk to ignore the way he wants me to get the job done? All the other superiors would tell me to get the job done however you want without being micromanaged, watched and stealing all the credit for himself every time and having a way to completely silence us to assert his dominance? The cunt is also allergic to no and behaves subserviently to the higher ups to save face thereby putting more strain in our work.

I'm thinking of pulling a risk to get him off my back, "manager or that person said it's fine", "trust me, i know what i'm doing" etc and don't think he will complain to the higher ups because that goes against our company values.

Thoughts?
Delete

Last edited:
The last question is really very pertinent. Large workforces tend to do what gets then paid when it comes to globalized business. India did very well with phone services, when I read into why one of the main reasons was they had seemingly endless patience for American Karens on the phones and never took telephone tirades personally. Where with Americans it was much more difficult to get us to do that job for the wage companies wanted to pay for it. I worked for MCI right out of HS for a few months and that's the reason I quit. My job was essentially getting yelled at a few times a day because my company had the audacity to call people.

Essentially they get locked into what constitutes "cheap labor." Over here we have a hard time comprehending that cheap and good are going to be two different things. It's tough to say how the economies would be running because that depends a lot on geopolitics, and every Country who can provide resources always wants austerity. Resources are needed for innovation. This channel kind of explores these ideas a bit:

Thanks for the video. It was good but the guy has a very thick accent so it was difficult to understand some parts but what I took from it was your "cheap labor" comment is correct. Also, I understand why corps get workers from India and the Philippines. Based on that video the guy said the per capita income is equal to about $1,100 to $1,200 a year if I understood him correctly. There's literally no way Americans can survive off that amount per year.

This means that because of the "cheap labor" there is no way corps would turn this down but it also means that countries like that are based highly off the service industry. I could be wrong but this would lead me to believe that if there were limitations to what corps could do with foreign workers then the countries would go into a recession.

Try to talk to your manager and explain to him that this supervisor is not only killing morale within your unit, but also reducing productivity with his micro-managing.

Of course, if productivity is actually up 15%, you need to either shut the fuck up and do your job, OR start looking for another gig.

Thanks for the video. It was good but the guy has a very thick accent so it was difficult to understand some parts but what I took from it was your "cheap labor" comment is correct. Also, I understand why corps get workers from India and the Philippines. Based on that video the guy said the per capita income is equal to about $1,100 to $1,200 a year if I understood him correctly. There's literally no way Americans can survive off that amount per year.

This means that because of the "cheap labor" there is no way corps would turn this down but it also means that countries like that are based highly off the service industry. I could be wrong but this would lead me to believe that if there were limitations to what corps could do with foreign workers then the countries would go into a recession.

That's definitely a good assessment. I think Americans are shielded from thinking too much about these things by our consumer culture. Take textiles. We are inundated with a never-ending faux selection of clothes to buy. Now that's not very real considering how many of those clothes come from the exact same supply chain. Thus, they can be made cheap...the corporation maximizes profit via cheap labor. Because we have the illusion of choice we think shirt A is better than shirt B...both made in the same place with the same materials. This choice blinds us to the overall lack of quality that is a result of the cheap labor...the old "they dont make those like they used to"...thus the shirt fades and tears way faster than they did 50 years ago. I got curious about this way back when I first saw Fight Club while in Film School and the character Tyler Durden was describing his ideal World, one of the lines he said was "you'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life." Natives wore those. The idea being you cannot be depended on as a source of income for a corporation because they've robbed you of quality.

Also think about candy and how everyone was up in arms about a chocolate shortage. Meanwhile the farmers of the beans had never even had candy bars:

I will agree that some cultures are harder to work with than others. It's a shame we can't be open and discuss that without being labeled racist. Stereotypes come from reality in many cases. I am lucky my company does not believe in forced diversity. The owner of my company is Indian, but he filled his management team with Americans because he knows that micromanager type personalities that clash can cause production issues and turnover. He is a great dude.
One of the things I love about being a boxing coach. I can tell one of my athletes he’s not ready for a Mexican opponent just yet, he needs to beat up a few more dorky white kids (like myself) before that kind of step up in competition

There is no issue. Company is very, very ethnically diverse and they all work the same with a smile.

That guy on the other hand...he works like his life depend on it, force it upon us and in the exact way he wants us to do. Wtf is that?
If I'm reading this right...

He works extremely hard and demands that the employees under him in the hierarchy work just as hard and to his standards.

And this bothers an employee who wants to work in a laid back fashion with minimal oversight from his boss.

I don't think the problem is what you think the problem is, lol.

Also think about candy and how everyone was up in arms about a chocolate shortage. Meanwhile the farmers of the beans had never even had candy bars:

That video is nuts. I'd never thought about the implications of something as simple as chocolate being out of the reach of the people who actually make it possible. Economic exploitation at it's finest.

That video is nuts. I'd never thought about the implications of something as simple as chocolate being out of the reach of the people who actually make it possible. Economic exploitation at it's finest.

Chocolate is a horrible industry. Pretty much everything Nestle touches is sh*t.

But yes, if they're completely ignorant to what are the spoils of their labor, you essentially control the terms. Most "processors" do this. The meat processors here are the same. They simultaneously f*ck the cattle ranchers, and the steak eaters.

Also saw this recent recall exposing an illusion of choice. One manufacturer supplies 600 brands:

I've only worked with one indian guy. We got along well prior to starting a project but upon starting he kept stressing over minor things before we could even get a framework of what we were doing at the time

I told him we need a framework first, then we'll start working on resource demands, then the minor stuff will be addressed. Aye, I just ended up doing the former myself.

I don't like to judge, maybe it's just a West vs East mindset thing
Or maybe it was just that one Indian guy didn't mesh well with working with you?

I want to reiterate that I'm not talking about Indians who grew up here and understand our laid back culture. You can easily distinguish the two.

I work in a big company in a certain division (have 2 roles) with great people, culture, good pay and manager but there's one and only major drawback.

My Indian supervisor is the polar opposite of my manager and all the other easygoing superiors who listen to what we all have to say without being micromanaged and trusting us with the roles we do ourselves.

I don't even know where to begin and how much my blood pressure went off the roof because of that cunt. Same for other staff members who have the same issue as me and said our work vibe is 10x better when he's away.

But let's cut the chase and say is it worth the risk to ignore the way he wants me to get the job done? All the other superiors would tell me to get the job done however you want without being micromanaged, watched and stealing all the credit for himself every time and having a way to completely silence us to assert his dominance? The cunt is also allergic to no and behaves subserviently to the higher ups to save face thereby putting more strain in our work.

I'm thinking of pulling a risk to get him off my back, "manager or that person said it's fine", "trust me, i know what i'm doing" etc and don't think he will complain to the higher ups because that goes against our company values.

Thoughts?
You said Indians plural but only mentioned one Indian. Who are the other Indians you don't like working with? Or do you mean you don't like working with ALL Indians?

I loved working for an Indian company, So much so that after making a mistake and leaving, I went back again.

I'm indifferent to it. One of Our best apprentices is a pakistsni guy. Normal, hard worker, doesn't smell bad. Others in our company , not quiet the same

The only people who have ever sued my brokerage were Indians. They wanted to only be shown areas with large Indian populations, and that's illegal for us to do.

Thoughts?
Is he a Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Siti, Maratahi, Sikh, Khalistani or Malayalam?

What is his religion?

“Laid back culture”

So you hate not getting away with being a lazy pos with this Indian supervisor like you do with the other managers? Smh

“Laid back culture”

So you hate not getting away with being a lazy pos with this Indian supervisor like you do with the other managers? Smh

Micromanagement is probably the single most common complaint with management, and more often than not it comes from people who really need to be managed.

Your job isn't to do the best job YOU think you can the way YOU think is best. Your job is to do the work you're assigned the way you're told to do it.

If your workplace is good and they value you, your feedback will be appreciated if improvements can be made. I've learned over the years it's best to start off with a new manager doing your absolute best to implement his plan. Spend time earning trust and only then make suggestions.

This isn't easy and most people resist change immediately; that's never the right move. Do the work the way you're told to do it, and gently make suggestions down the road. Be careful with what you suggest and make sure it can present demonstrable immediate improvement. That builds trust.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
I worked for an ethnically diverse company before(17- yes the company kept track of the number if ethnicities). Indians are a hit or miss. Some of them were fired after a couple of months for fake degrees/diplomas. Some were just incompetent. Outside of the office, they are alright. At work though, they like to talk big game without showing results.

Back