Is It ridiculous to think that 1st round Khamzat would take Jon Jones down?

If Chimaev prepared for the fight and put some weight on, it is not inconceivable that he could, with his explosive speed, get in favorable position to take Jones down. Keep him down? maybe, maybe not. but put himself into position for a submission attempt? more likely

and yes, weight classes exist for a reason. but the difference in strength between grown men over - particularly if they are athletic, over six feet, and weigh near or over 200 pounds, is nowhere near as big as it is sometimes made out to be. with Chimaevs explosive speed advantage, he could conceivably get himself in favorable position and take Jones down. and yeah he would gas himself out pretty fast, which is why he would go for submissions as his path to victory

in be for somebody calls me a manlet.
Yeah i feel like people equate pounds of weight equal to percentages of raw power. Jones is a fatass at 265

"ragdolling" is quickly becoming a word people use too much and don't use appropriately. not as bad as "literally", which has about lost all it's original meaning.
Literally true. Which is ironic. Literally ironic.

ok, now that I made you laugh with that preposterous talk, let me just say you’re 100% right. Apparently controlling someone while doing nothing is ragdolling as well as a sloppy shot that did result in a beautiful takedown from the ankle up. Dude has better grip than, uh never mind. I wonder if the same people think Aljo rag dolls people. <45>

I'm just saying. The guy was ragdolling DC before the fight. And tossed around Usman like it was nothing.

Now Jon would pull off a decision in the championship rounds against gassed Khamzat. But he wouldn't be able to defend the takedowns in the 1st.

Agree/disagree?
I think if they wrestled Jon would be CLEARLY superior. CLEARLY so. Overwhelmingly. And Jon would easily defend most of the TDs even in the first, if not all.

If they fought, Jon would finish Khamzat inside 5 rounds, and probably inside 3.

That said, I don't rule out the possibility of Khamzat getting a 1st round TD, but there is no way to know without it being tried. If, IF, if he managed to surprise Jon and take him down, he would absolutely not be able to do anything with it and Jon would get back up and commence to kicking buttocks into every corner and crevice of that octagon.

I would watch!

Last edited:
Literally true. Which is ironic. Literally ironic.

ok, now that I made you laugh with that preposterous talk, let me just say you’re 100% right. Apparently controlling someone while doing nothing is ragdolling as well as a sloppy shot that did result in a beautiful takedown from the ankle up. Dude has better grip than, uh never mind. I wonder if the same people think Aljo rag dolls people. <45>
probably (re: Aljo "ragdolling" people). I think of ragdolling as throwing someone around like Rory did to Nate Diaz. I first heard the term 'radolling' in the 90s when I did some skiing and snowboarding, and ragdolling was when someone fell down a steep slope and was flying around end over end

25uo9dd_medium.gif

Yeah i feel like people equate pounds of weight equal to percentages of raw power. Jones is a fatass at 265

I don't think Jones has gotten better with his wrestling with age or weight. He's clearly gotten less dynamic, fast and explosive with age. But Jones has shown us he can take down and stop takedowns from more elite credentialed wrestlers than Khamzat, who also happen to be much bigger. Meanwhile Khamzats best showcase of wrestling was vs a D2 wrestler thar was 36 with shot knees who took the fight on short notice. Beyond this, Khamzat probably can't put on 10-20lbs of good lean mass, dude doesn't look to have put on any size going up to 185 as it is. Also I can't stress enough, the last few years Usman has hardly wrestled and has relied on the snatch single and wall wrestling simply because his lower body mobility is near completely gone after more than a decade of recurring knee issues.

Just come the fuck on guys.

Yup we get it sherdog, every mma fighter on earth can beat Khamzat after round 1.
...... we get it
lol that's where your mind goes when entering this thread?
Khamzat worshippers are in full damage control after that stinker of a fight lol

probably (re: Aljo "ragdolling" people). I think of ragdolling as throwing someone around like Rory did to Nate Diaz. I first heard the term 'radolling' in the 90s when I did some skiing and snowboarding, and ragdolling was when someone fell down a steep slope and was flying around end over end

25uo9dd_medium.gif
Yep

Khamzat has ragdolled Jiri in training so we know he can handle LHW champ level

brother ive seen jones toss a full grown big 260 lb man in training
if khamzat gains like 30 lbs hel be out of shape
hell gass like in a minute and its over

If Chimaev prepared for the fight and put some weight on, it is not inconceivable that he could, with his explosive speed, get in favorable position to take Jones down. Keep him down? maybe, maybe not. but put himself into position for a submission attempt? more likely

and yes, weight classes exist for a reason. but the difference in strength between grown men over - particularly if they are athletic, over six feet, and weigh near or over 200 pounds, is nowhere near as big as it is sometimes made out to be. with Chimaevs explosive speed advantage, he could conceivably get himself in favorable position and take Jones down. and yeah he would gas himself out pretty fast, which is why he would go for submissions as his path to victory

in be for somebody calls me a manlet.

He fought Burns who is much older and smaller than him = struggled.

He fought extreme short notice Usman who is much older and smaller than him = struggled.

Yet he's some magical pokemon in your mind {<jordan}

I don't think Jones has gotten better with his wrestling with age or weight. He's clearly gotten less dynamic, fast and explosive with age. But Jones has shown us he can take down and stop takedowns from more elite credentialed wrestlers than Khamzat, who also happen to be much bigger. Meanwhile Khamzats best showcase of wrestling was vs a D2 wrestler thar was 36 with shot knees who took the fight on short notice. Beyond this, Khamzat probably can't put on 10-20lbs of good lean mass, dude doesn't look to have put on any size going up to 185 as it is. Also I can't stress enough, the last few years Usman has hardly wrestled and has relied on the snatch single and wall wrestling simply because his lower body mobility is near completely gone after more than a decade of recurring knee issues.

Just come the fuck on guys.
Voice of reason you are

Jon Jones is a Light Heavyweight (now Heavyweight) who tossed around Cormier, Rashad and Bader. Let's settle down your edge lord gimmick is tiresome sometimes, buddy. Khamzat is a medium sized MW that moved up from 170lbs who struggled to takedown Ikram when a south African could. In a MMA fight? Jones would flatten the dude like a Pancake and then flatline him with elbows.

As for winning a D1 championship, he wouldn't even medal at 190lbs, seriously doubt he could achieve all American honors without a couple years of training for it. Taking down a kneeless Usman on 10 days notice has really impressed a great many rubes.
So you're mad at nothing? Big surprise. Lol

Edgelord? My fuck I hope you're not above 19 years old. Who uses words like edgelord?

Wait, that’s what you got from this? Not the ridiculous notion that Khamzat takes down Jones?
No I see responses like "he would throw" khamzat around the octagon as a response when he never threw around anyone in the past like 7 years.....

Everyone just points out 1 round, survive, you win easily because khamzat is a f level fighter after round 1. That's all I continue to read, thread after thread about the guy

No I see responses like "he would throw" khamzat around the octagon as a response when he never threw around anyone in the past like 7 years.....

Everyone just points out 1 round, survive, you win easily because khamzat is a f level fighter after round 1. That's all I continue to read, thread after thread about the guy
Ok, but that’s not all there is to read. I think you’re finding what you’re looking for.

Back