Opinion Is it racist for Walgreens to close businesses due to theft?

It's not racist to close businesses because of theft. It hints of racism when a business exaggerates the claims of theft to justify closing businesses in black neighborhoods.

Worth reading on the subject:

Of course, people who want to believe that black and brown people are inherent thieves will quickly accept the "theft" claims and take much longer to accept the "retail lied" claims.

So do you think companies will lose money on purpose just because they hate black people so much it's seen as 'worth it?'

I don’t know what she’s even trying here. You can’t force a company to operate a store somewhere. Walgreens or Rite aid are probably franchises. Why don’t you buy an operate on there then, lady?

#1 rule of any major business in America is make money at any cost. If they were profiting there, they would stay open.

no, its not.

im from the area. the main issue people have is the amount of notice walgreens gave its patients who will be affected by the closure, many who are elderly and low income. not that they want walgreens to continue to operate a failing branch at a loss.

i havent followed the story terribly closely, so dont know exactly how much notice was given and what would be considered a standard or reasonable amount of time.

i also dont like the politicians portrayal of the issue.
I get that frustration then. But sadly that’s not in plant company. It would be nice if people voted for politicians that took national healthcare seriously. This is something as a nation we could work to at least mitigate the fallout from

This looks like a good place to leave these:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with losing multi millions in contracts with our government....

anyhow, walgreens has posted shrink numbers, and even at "mid twos" of the article, that's 25% worse than 10 years ago. 2021 had 3.2, which is over 50% increase as well. Between 2021 and 2022, they took action, locked up more stuff, and shrink went down.... their only regret was that it became attention grabbing political issue for them. Other virtue signalling establishments also took big losses and kept it quiet, it was across the board, but you're low hanging fruit article appeals to the soyboys so....... <Fedor23>

Yeah but open borders make affluent white female liberals (AWFLs) feel enlightened.

This is from the same area, about the same community center, in Roxbury (one of the areas in the OP), in the video I posted earlier. In-depth interview with resident who is pissed. Lol @ the white lady, "uhhh we didn't know what a sanctuary city meant, maybe we were wrong and need to reconsider it" lol... to late retard

It is funny the mother and the coach have to preface, we don't wanna be racist, buuuuuut. And this mom literally saying it will force her kids on the treat. Yo, she even said the people in charge want her kids on the street being animals. WOW, redpilled in real time, the last 30 seconds of her ranting are great

This is from the same area, about the same community center, in Roxbury (one of the areas in the OP), in the video I posted earlier. In-depth interview with resident who is pissed. Lol @ the white lady, "uhhh we didn't know what a sanctuary city meant, maybe we were wrong and need to reconsider it" lol... to late retard

It is funny the mother and the coach have to preface, we don't wanna be racist, buuuuuut. And this mom literally saying it will force her kids on the treat. Yo, she even said the people in charge want her kids on the street being animals. WOW, redpilled in real time, the last 30 seconds of her ranting are great

It's always interesting to contrast what normal black people and the over educated bougie ones you meet online think.

It's not racist to close businesses because of theft. It hints of racism when a business exaggerates the claims of theft to justify closing businesses in black neighborhoods.

Worth reading on the subject:

Of course, people who want to believe that black and brown people are inherent thieves will quickly accept the "theft" claims and take much longer to accept the "retail lied" claims.

Black and Brown people aren't inherently thieves.

But the people in these neighborhoods have a higher % of criminals... or more likely criminals who steal more than average because they're never brought just to justice.

I mean... If you allow criminals to continually steal from businesses with no repercussions, why would they stop? There's literally no downside

Well, except for driving the businesses out of your neighborhood

War mama

Pretty stupid to blame the business instead of the assholes who keep stealing from them.

The stores aren't closing because of theft. They're closing due to excessive store density, you should check out their location map.

Articles have been linked in this thread about how they leaned on the theft narrative when closing stores they were going to close anyways.

As for store closings being racist, I can't really see how. Stores don't have an obligation to anywhere in particular.

Black peoples right to disrupt peoples business trumps the right of a private company to choose where it puts their stores

Let me get this straight. The view is by some that this company is so racist they will shut down stores in black neighborhoods that are making money. And to do that they will first lock up "high" theft items and then fake video of thefts.

It's hard to believe anyone that stupid can think at all.

I would say what they believe but will not say is they think some people have thr right to steal as its owed to them for whatever reason. The "rich" company should just take the loss. They know how stupid that sounds and go to the liberal go to and slap the race card down because if ypu even doubt that, well your racist.

This dude is angry

The stores aren't closing because of theft. They're closing due to excessive store density, you should check out their location map.

Articles have been linked in this thread about how they leaned on the theft narrative when closing stores they were going to close anyways.

As for store closings being racist, I can't really see how. Stores don't have an obligation to anywhere in particular.
I think they would have known about population density before creating a store

it's not a black and white issue, the least profitable are going to get cut. it's a business trying to survive in a hostile state, on top of target opening pharmacies, on top of walmart pharmacies, on top of amazon, it doesnt need much of a push to get them out of business.

these guys brought a wagon to loot the place

that shit aint normal

^^^

Your solution to crime in black neighborhoods is to just kill the blacks before they become criminals? Jesus, dude, that's pretty dark.
What exactly is the point you're making here?
What a weirdo.

That has nothing to do with this story from Connecticut.

I do agree that any woman who wants to abort her kids should be able to do so at any time, no matter how old they are.
Bro, are you alright? I'm genuinely concerned here.
He @KOPPEd out and deleted his post.
LMAO!!!

I just checked the map and I have to admit that they’re pretty thick in some areas. Thanks for that. That said, I think that the decision process on which store to close involves many factors, most of them finance related. If they want to go from 12 to 10 stores in an area, the ones at risk will likely be the ones that don’t generate as much profit. In an ideal world, there would be other considerations such as offering a presence in areas where there are few alternatives, but the quest for profits seem to trump all else.

While theft may not be the main reason for all closures, it has to be a contributing factor into determining which stores are closing, as it affects not only the bottom line, but also the store’s reputation, employee safety, corporate insurance rates etc. When a store has to lock every day items, it will lose paying customers as it becomes a hassle to shop there. In short I do think that theft can contribute to store closures, even when it’s not the driving reason.

Cheers!

I just checked the map and I have to admit that they’re pretty thick in some areas. Thanks for that. That said, I think that the decision process on which store to close involves many factors, most of them finance related. If they want to go from 12 to 10 stores in an area, the ones at risk will likely be the ones that don’t generate as much profit. In an ideal world, there would be other considerations such as offering a presence in areas where there are few alternatives, but the quest for profits seem to trump all else.

While theft may not be the main reason for all closures, it has to be a contributing factor into determining which stores are closing, as it affects not only the bottom line, but also the store’s reputation, employee safety, corporate insurance rates etc. When a store has to lock every day items, it will lose paying customers as it becomes a hassle to shop there. In short I do think that theft can contribute to store closures, even when it’s not the driving reason.

Cheers!

The decision was made before the reported increase in thefts, and they're now admitting exaggerating those claims. There was reporting in real time that their claims didn't match crime statistics, we knew this years ago.

However, don't for a second think I'm forgiving this type of crime or that I'm suggesting it's acceptable.

Back