Opinion Is it racist for Walgreens to close businesses due to theft?

Funny the Walgreens in my town very much still in operation. Them and CVS can’t pay enough to staff the place with Pharmacist on a continuous basis so we go to Walmart.

The activists want the butter and the money from the butter. They defend the criminals in their midst. They close their eyes to the enormous amount of crime occurring around them. They don't want to acknowledge that there's a massive social issue of single parents and boys missing proper role models. They refuse to take responsibility for anything, their staunch stance is that they're victims in life and eternally will be so thus aren't responsible for anything they do, and naturally you can't fix what you don't acknowledge. They just expect people to ignore the evidence in front of their eyes and act like problem doesn't exist, just like they themselves have.

Speaking of missing proper role models. Look at this story, as a coach in a poorer, mostly black community is being turfed out to make way for migrants. Might be the only role model in some of these kids lives.

And guess what? It is in Roxbury, one of the three areas these Walgreens in OP are closing

Funny the Walgreens in my town very much still in operation. Them and CVS can’t pay enough to staff the place with Pharmacist on a continuous basis so we go to Walmart.
Yeah the Walgreens and CVS and Rite Aid are all doing great around me and nothing is locked up. You're right about the pharmacy though its always packed...so I go to one that's a little more expensive but they also sell Guns and Ammo so its cool.

pretty sure they are implying the solution is to kill black babies and the crime will stop. Problem is the SCOTUS ruling was recently, and wouldn't have an impact on an area like California, where a lot of this happens, as they still have progressive abortion laws. Same with Massachusetts, where the Wallgreens mentioned in the OP are located.

Their point may very well be valid tho, in that the way the way to lower crime is to prevent black people from having kids, if I am following their logic

And to be clear, this is not my opinion, just trying to interpret their comment. Who knows.

That is what left-wingers in NY said after abortion was legalised. The crime rate went down. They don't realise exactly what the implication is.

Speaking of missing proper role models. Look at this story, as a coach in a poorer, mostly black community is being turfed out to make way for migrants. Might be the only role model in some of these kids lives.

And guess what? It is in Roxbury, one of the three areas these Walgreens in OP are closing

Yeah but open borders make affluent white female liberals (AWFLs) feel enlightened.

Honestly, I feel for the honest citizen's of the areas hit by this, but Walgreens isn't a charity, they can not be obligated to operate at a loss.

What they COULD do is change their business model in high crime areas to eliminate self selection. ie) Digital orders online or via kiosks in store, staff only access to product. Yes, it would incur increased staffing costs, but nearly eliminate shrink due to theft.

That said, I'm not entirely sure that would be legal?

good lord..shitlib policies are to cause racism 2.0 against black people in america. og racism died with the civil rights act and these woke twats are causing another. a backlash against black people is coming because of this shit and it's fucked up to say the least.

@Strychnine @Sinister any thoughts on this?

This is my first time in this thread.

If a business is losing money due to theft (from anyone) and can't remain profitable, it closes.

It's not racist.

It's just business.

This looks like a good place to leave these:

So, if the retailer closes a location in a minority neighborhood and says it is due to crime when it really isn't due to crime, I'd say that probably racist.

This is my first time in this thread.

If a business is losing money due to theft (from anyone) and can't remain profitable, it closes.

It's not racist.

It's just business.

generally speaking do you see a growing anti-black racism in the country because of progressive policies? i'm seeing it, and vivek brought it up in that interview with charlamagne.

generally speaking do you see a growing anti-black racism in the country because of progressive policies? i'm seeing it, and vivek brought it up in that interview with charlamagne.

I don't see it.

I'm a Black dude BTW (for those that aren't' in the know.) :)

It's not racist to close businesses because of theft. It hints of racism when a business exaggerates the claims of theft to justify closing businesses in black neighborhoods.

Worth reading on the subject:

Of course, people who want to believe that black and brown people are inherent thieves will quickly accept the "theft" claims and take much longer to accept the "retail lied" claims.

I see growing r@cism across the board due to progressive polices

Pretty stupid to blame the business instead of the assholes who keep stealing from them.

It's not racist to close businesses because of theft. It hints of racism when a business exaggerates the claims of theft to justify closing businesses in black neighborhoods.

Worth reading on the subject:

Of course, people who want to believe that black and brown people are inherent thieves will quickly accept the "theft" claims and take much longer to accept the "retail lied" claims.

Your thesis is Walgreens is throwing away profitable locations because they are run by a bunch of racists?

Back