Is it possible for the spider to get his chin back?

In the second Weidman fight a shot from the clinch rocked him. It was behind the ear, sure, but from all indications he would have eaten that shot like a bowl of chicken soup earlier in his career.

Ok, but if I remember correctly it wasn't his chin that failed him in that fight either but his shin... Anyway I'm not saying his chin hasn't deteriorated over a thirty plus fight career but it's silly to think he's all of the sudden going to be getting ko'd by wet noodles. And anyone who brings up Arlovski should know this. I mean does the TS really think Arlovski "lost" his chin for the second Timmy fight, got it back for the third Timmy fight, the Werdum fight, the Rothwell fight and the Nelson fight, lost it again for the Fedor and Kharitonov fights and then got it back again for the Johnson and Big foot fight? Or is it much more likely that "chin" is one of a million factors that go into whether any punch hurts someone along with whether they see it coming, how flush it lands, where it lands, how much power is behind it etc etc..

Last edited:
His chin is fine. He needs to keep his hands up and stop playing games.

It finally caught up with him.

Pretty much this. Even if he hadn't the iron chin he used to, that doesn't mean he can't fight proficiently, because I dare anyone saying that he's turned into a glass jaw.

Dude gets KOd once for first time in how long? The correct answer is: his entire career. Sure he is getting old, but he's far from having a glass jaw.

Usually to say somebody has a bad chin, they should have at least more than one time hitting the canvas. Especially when you consider his almost 40 fights.

I feel like whats breeding the 'Andy lost his chin' narrative, is the short right Teh Chris dropped him with in the second fight more than the big left hook in the first fight

I feel like whats breeding the 'Andy lost his chin' narrative, is the short right Teh Chris dropped him with in the second fight more than the big left hook in the first fight

But Chris is a bad motherfucker, and hits with a lot of power. Getting dropped or rocked by a powerful dude does not necessarily mean you have no chin. Even Mark Hunt has been dropped, but I don't notice anybody talking about his diminished ability to take shots.

If he asks Weidman politely, who knows - maybe he will give it back.

Back