Is it possible for the spider to get his chin back?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Remember when Sylvia KOed AA in their fight, but then AA came back and took all Tim's shots and didn't go down? Now, is it possible for Silva to get back to the days where his chin was iron, especially after that KO by the Chris? I think that is what will make the difference in Andy's comeback. What do you think experts fans?

Anything is possible, except Anderson getting his chin back.

Its hard, but if someone could do it, i would pick Anderson freakin Silva

The Fountain of Chin

I think time between damage taken probably helps, and the fact that he took so long between fights might be a good thing chin-wise.

He's been lights-out once in his illustrious UFC career. I'm going to request more evidence before declaring a completely shot chin.

I was gonna say Arlovski did but you already pointed that out.

He's damn near 40 now so I'm going with no.

Hell no.

And I'm a huge fan.

Remember when Sylvia KOed AA in their fight, but then AA came back and took all Tim's shots and didn't go down? Now, is it possible for Silva to get back to the days where his chin was iron, especially after that KO by the Chris? I think that is what will make the difference in Andy's comeback. What do you think experts fans?

Arlovski doesn't have his chin back. He has just worked on his technique to better avoid strikes.

Anderson's chin would have been cracked years ago. He's been knocked out in training by the likes of JDS etc

He's been lights-out once in his illustrious UFC career. I'm going to request more evidence before declaring a completely shot chin.

In a professional fight. The damage is accumulated through training though. He has been knocked out numerous times.

What didnt help him was allowing himself to take blows. Ive seen videos of him doing it in training. So, dont know about the chin...probably not. He sure as hell could tighten up his defense and use his skill to not get hit a lot better than he has in the past.

He was off-balance with his head in the air against Weidman. The cobwebs cleared pretty quick afterwards too. He hasn't taken much damage otherwise either. Out of all the fighters, Silva's chin has to be one of the least tarnished.

Just get some titanium plating in there, like in his leg.

it's not his chin that failed him, it's his shin.

instead of hoping for a better chin he should be working on sharpening his defensive skills again.

He never lost his chin lol. The guy gets caught one time in his entire career and he's all of a sudden a can to some. Sherdog is ridiculous sometimes, man. Anderson will bang with Nick for 3 or 4 rounds at least to show he's fine. Weidman is a different breed and a great champion. We all need to start respecting him as such.

Sure, he should start handiong out missing flyers

Seriouly no...chins do not improve with time

You change your style to go with the chin damage. But there are people who find a way. Arlovski would be an example. Seemed like he would always be getting KOed, but he learned to roll better and dip/move more. Still takes some punches but learned to not take the big ones as readily.

Ppl saying his chin isnt in question obviously forget the 2nd Weidman fight where he was flash ko`d in the clinch.

Back