is it normal to carry a knife everyday?

dunno about a knife, if someone else has one you need to be as close to them as they need to be to you to inflict damage, rather carry a dumbell bar in my backpack, slightly more range than a blade lol

knifes are sad you can't fight so you gotta stab someone get real.

I carry one as a tool, I don't need anything for self defense because I always wear an Affliction shirt.

I carry one as a tool, I don't need anything for self defense because I always wear an Affliction shirt.

Canadians don't need self defense mechanisms. Being obnoxious pretty much detours anyone from getting involved with them.

Old fashion southern man here and my Uncles taught me that a man always has a knife in his pocket as it is the one tool that you can use for just about everything.
I use to embarrass the wife by pulling it out in a restaurant for the steak when they give you that thing they call a knife to cut with. Now she just wants to barrow it to cut hers
As far as for self-defense it would only be a backup most of the time but I can use it that way if necessary.

I think it is fine to carry a knife for self defense. Bottom line is, better have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I have some buddies who have Pagan MC members in their family or circle of friends. One of buddies said the first time he met one of em, the guy turned around and had a big arse knife in the back of his pants. Of course, he also had an axe handle bungeed to his bike...lol.

But yea, carry a freakin knife if you think you should. I don't, but I would. By the way, ex military here.

A lot of 1%er

im 15 and i do i got a balisong and a switchblade and a panther knife spiderco ftw it becomes a hobby u collect it and all nothing is weird about carrying it cuz i do and i know other ppl who do its just something a guy has a passion for althou some might think u a weirdo lol

I think it is fine to carry a knife for self defense. Bottom line is, better have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I have some buddies who have Pagan MC members in their family or circle of friends. One of buddies said the first time he met one of em, the guy turned around and had a big arse knife in the back of his pants. Of course, he also had an axe handle bungeed to his bike...lol.

But yea, carry a freakin knife if you think you should. I don't, but I would. By the way, ex military here.

I went to a house party and met two biker dudes, one was fat an was carrying over 8 knives on him, once he relaxed and had a few drinks he showed me all the knives he was carrying and explained how he got stabbed so now always comes prepared, the other guy was a skinny looking nerd wearing a trench coat that claimed to build explosives. Both guys looked like they belonged in a movie.

I carry a pocket folder everyday. A knife is a useful tool, it comes in handy for work and random little chores, and there's always the chance it could be needed for an emergency or self-defense.

I always have a lighter, knife, and SOG multitool on me at all times.

Well, my multi-tool is cheap, but I have a generic Huntsman SAK on the keychain to back it up.

Everyone should EDC those items.

Of course it is!

In everyday life there's always something that needs to be opened/cut.

Such as a ball sack.

ttyl...

I always have a Benchmade automatic knife and SOG multitool and a lighter as well. I'm a regular fookin boy scout.

I carry two. A spring assisted folder and a 3.5" push knife.

This is my best friend, we have good times together. We usually don't go out on weeknights.
leatherman_pulse_tool_lt_large.jpg

Where did you hear that he carries a knife and two handguns?

I missed the original post that led to your response but I'd guess that if any of the UFC lads carry an arsenal on them it would be Forrest.

i clinch my fists and razor sharp hardened steel comes out. dont see the need for a knife.

SOG Bluto and a tactical pen for EDC.

A knife is a must, as far as a tool, but for self defense I'd be more inclined to pick up and use a stick, a pen, or any other misc items.

Even my Bluto, which is like a two inch blade, can do a deadly amount of damage if i make a mistake and slice a vital point.

Too bad collapsible batons are illegal in los angeles (right?), because that would be BADASS!

Last edited:
Back