is it normal to carry a knife everyday?

theferds

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How many of you carry a knife everyday? regardless of your job or profession. I have passion for knife and have quite a number of them cheap and expensive, from chopper to the tiny victorinox.

i used to carry my knife around everywhere
even at work, and i was a pizza boy
i remember my coworker asked me if i had the box cutter cause she needed to open this box
and i pulled my knife from my boot and opened it for her.
she got all turned on and later we hooked up.

i dont carry it around anymore, i stopped wearing boots and moved to a much nicer city. but its sitting on my counter next to door and i always grab it when i answer to the door.
mostly cause i watch alot of scary movies and browse aloooot of gore threads.

it is for me but im half Puerto Rican , and also from New Jersey .

oh yeah and im also a cook .

I do when I go for runs. Well, lately an Asp.

I've been chased by dogs and some shady shit has gone down along my route before.

Regardless, I don't think it's weird really.

Never, but in the uk you aren't allowed any weapons of any type to defend yourself so meh.

I did for a long time purely for self defence. I know its illegal here but the knife crime in Scotland is probably the highest in the world. You can get up to 4 years in prison for carrying but I'd rather serve 4 years than get murdered but as I've got older and the chance of me being attacked less likely I've stopped.

I carry a Spiderco Delica most of the time. A knife is a handy tool to have around. I've never needed or felt that I needed it for defensive purposes.

I do whenever I don't work. It view it more as a tool for opening things but it's also a weapon of course. In most place in the U.S. to carry one "concealed" it has to be under 5.5" long and it can't be spring assisted. If you're wearing a buck knife on your hip and you not in Montana, or hunting, you're a douche though.

The one thing I really hate about carrying a knife daily, is explaining my decision to some judgmental tree hugger who asks, but doesn't really want to listen anyways.

I`ll probably get one when I move back to Europe and start travelling around by bike (hopefully) again. People seem to think bikers are an easy target for some reson. I just need to find one I can handle with biking gloves.

I carry a pocket a knife all the time, but I've never thought of it as a weapon... carried one for so long at work, it's just a habit to stick it in my pocket when i get dressed.

I always have a lighter, knife, and SOG multitool on me at all times.

I think it is fine to carry a knife for self defense. Bottom line is, better have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

I have some buddies who have Pagan MC members in their family or circle of friends. One of buddies said the first time he met one of em, the guy turned around and had a big arse knife in the back of his pants. Of course, he also had an axe handle bungeed to his bike...lol.

But yea, carry a freakin knife if you think you should. I don't, but I would. By the way, ex military here.

I do. It's just one of those things every man should carry. You never know when you'll need it. I use my all the time.

Never, but in the uk you aren't allowed any weapons of any type to defend yourself so meh.

Non locking sub 3" blades are legal to carry,which should be perfectly adequate both to peel a piece of fruit or shank a fool as and when required .

I always have a 3" folder on me. I don't intend to use it for self defense though. It's more of a tool. I post on bladeforums and Usual Suspects a bit.

Back