is it normal to carry a knife everyday?

I always have my knife clipped to my pocket (to the point where I often forget I have it), but more so with the intention of using it as tool than anything else. I have had two situations where I used it in a self defense situation, and about a thousand situations where I was having trouble peeling a bannana.

Last Halloween I was actually stopped for carrying a blade assisted kershaw clipped to my pocket in a NYC subway. The officer played with it for a bit, questioned me a lot (it was Halloween so security was a bit higher) and at one point told me it was an illegal switchblade before finally conceding that it was not, giving it back, and telling me to hide it for now because you cannot have them in the Subway (outside was perfectly fine though).

I guess it helped a great deal that I was polite, respectful, and friendly throughout the entire ordeal.

I always have my knife clipped to my pocket (to the point where I often forget I have it), but more so with the intention of using it as tool than anything else. I have had two situations where I used it in a self defense situation, and about a thousand situations where I was having trouble peeling a bannana.

Last Halloween I was actually stopped for carrying a blade assisted kershaw clipped to my pocket in a NYC subway. The officer played with it for a bit, questioned me a lot (it was Halloween so security was a bit higher) and at one point told me it was an illegal switchblade before finally conceding that it was not, giving it back, and telling me to hide it for now because you cannot have them in the Subway (outside was perfectly fine though).

I guess it helped a great deal that I was polite, respectful, and friendly throughout the entire ordeal.
You should have roundhouse kicked him instead.

Well his roundhouse kick has 100% chance of killing someone, a gun doesn't.

Chuck Norris is a kind man.

Your'e asking in the weapons and tactic forum of a mixed martial arts site. What kind of responses did you think you were gonna get?

Back