Is it me or is Till outrageously overrated?

He won a few prelim ufc fights then he demolished cerrone. Great win over an all time.great. he goes on to eek out wonderboy in an exhibition level match that rivaled john Howard Uriah hall for least action in a stand up battle. Then he gets melted by a declining woodley, face smashed by masvidal, eeks out kelvin in a fight that many thought kelvin won and most recently he was outmatched by bobby knuckles. He's 1-3 and quite frankly should.be 0-4 in his last 4.
Yeah dude has very good skills on the feet but he's timid AF and doesn't pull the trigger at all.
How is he a top fighter now?
you're about 2-3 years late with this revelation.

at MW?? who knocked him out?
no he's looked pretty good at MW. I like Till a lot. I think he's an excellent fighter but I do question his ability to take punishment and finish fights. Would love to see how he matches up with addy

I thought he lost to Kelvin pretty clearly

But yeah I don't understand why so many people act as if he's a contender or something lmao

till was never that good

rogan trying to promote an english fighter to raise up sales

Skill wise he's up there but his resume is a bit meh. I had Wonderboy winning but he did beat Gastelum who just got battered by Izzy.

If he beats Vettori, he'll have 4 good names on his resume (even though WB should've won).

Well said bro you have some good opinions. Even his best wins are just close split decisions that could have gone another way

He won a few prelim ufc fights then he demolished cerrone. Great win over an all time.great. he goes on to eek out wonderboy in an exhibition level match that rivaled john Howard Uriah hall for least action in a stand up battle. Then he gets melted by a declining woodley, face smashed by masvidal, eeks out kelvin in a fight that many thought kelvin won and most recently he was outmatched by bobby knuckles. He's 1-3 and quite frankly should.be 0-4 in his last 4.
Yeah dude has very good skills on the feet but he's timid AF and doesn't pull the trigger at all.
If Cerrone is an ‘all time great’ then I have no problem with anyone who overrates Till.

Its 2021 and Darren freekn Till is looked at as a top 3 -4 middleweight. Huh ?? Yeah, he's overrated or 185 division is now shite( outside Adesanya). Whitaker looked terrible in his fight with Till and still drew off at end.

I agree. He's highly ranked based on some mythical potential, and he's not getting any younger.

He's treated by the promotion as a headliner, while his skills are more in the top 5-10 range, a bit lower.

If anything hes a little bit underrated. He held his own with Kelvin and Bobby better than people thought he would. Obviously hes not gonna be winning any titles but hes a fringe top 5 guy at both MW and WW.

Anyone who can go the distance with wonderboy standing and make it a close fight is legit . He has holes in his game though .

Woodley shattered his confidence. He is so gunshy
is content fighting at such a slow pace with as little strikes being thrown as possible. It seems like he’s in a rougher version of sparring with his best friend every fight.
He never takes a by pplZ risk and is content dropping close rounds and just wanting to survive the fight it seems.

even in his prelim fights he was getting hurt badly by inferior fighters.

At first the ufc wanted to make him like an English conor or the next bisping is what they’re going for now.

I agree. He's highly ranked based on some mythical potential, and he's not getting any younger.

He's treated by the promotion as a headliner, while his skills are more in the top 5-10 range, a bit lower.

This 100%. He's like MMA's Broner - keeps getting talked about as an elite fighter, when he clearly isn't.

And always talking about what amazing talent he has. He's a mouthy knob, with very unexceptional skill and talent by UFC standards, and somehow the fans bought into his bullshit. And the UFC decided to relentlessly push him, thinking he'd be the next Conor or even Bisping in the UK.

Many people think so, I even have my own thread saying exactly this sentiment

Back