Is it me or is Till outrageously overrated?

nlS4ja.gif

He's one of those guys who can beat some but not most of the top 5. Officially 1-1 against top 5 at WW (and 2-2 against top 10) and 1-1 against top 5 at MW. He's not overrated anymore, he's actually underrated since most people consider him a bum for some reason.

For some reason he's marketed as KO artist. He himself believes that he has KO power yet he's only had 2 stoppages in the UFC neither of which were true KOs. His first stoppage was over a nameless can via ground and pound, and his second finish was over the ghost of Cowboy, who was outweighed by 30 pounds, and even then it wasn't a clean KO. Doesn't help when Rogan claims he's a "knock out puncher and knock out kicker."

I thought he lost to Wonderboy, but I thought he beat Whittaker & I had a lot of money of Whittaker. Not sure how Whittaker's takedown was scored more than Till's elbow that cut him in round 5, but I gladly accepted it lol.

For some reason he's marketed as KO artist. He himself believes that he has KO power yet he's only had 2 stoppages in the UFC neither of which were true KOs. His first stoppage was over a nameless can via ground and pound, and his second finish was over the ghost of Cowboy, who was outweighed by 30 pounds, and even then it wasn't a clean KO. Doesn't help when Rogan claims he's a "knock out puncher and knock out kicker."
The Ghost of Cowboy that just went to a split-decision with Lawler & took 1 or 2 rounds off Edwards? If anything Cowboy's performance was hindered by a quick turnaround after the Lawler war, not yet his erosion of skills.

Probably underrated if anything. Half of media scores gave him the decision against Whittaker. Officially he won 2 out of 5 rounds.

He won a few prelim ufc fights then he demolished cerrone. Great win over an all time.great. he goes on to eek out wonderboy in an exhibition level match that rivaled john Howard Uriah hall for least action in a stand up battle. Then he gets melted by a declining woodley, face smashed by masvidal, eeks out kelvin in a fight that many thought kelvin won and most recently he was outmatched by bobby knuckles. He's 1-3 and quite frankly should.be 0-4 in his last 4.
Yeah dude has very good skills on the feet but he's timid AF and doesn't pull the trigger at all.
How is he a top fighter now?
I’m sorry but whos highly rating till?

He won a few prelim ufc fights then he demolished cerrone. Great win over an all time.great. he goes on to eek out wonderboy in an exhibition level match that rivaled john Howard Uriah hall for least action in a stand up battle. Then he gets melted by a declining woodley, face smashed by masvidal, eeks out kelvin in a fight that many thought kelvin won and most recently he was outmatched by bobby knuckles. He's 1-3 and quite frankly should.be 0-4 in his last 4.
Yeah dude has very good skills on the feet but he's timid AF and doesn't pull the trigger at all.
How is he a top fighter now?
I’m sorry but whos highly rating till?

Unless Whittaker is bad idts

No fan of Tills but. He took like 2 rounds from Whittaker iirc

Till was a big ol WW that pounced on 20lb lighter Donald. Was never that great and doesnt finish fights he wins. I like Till, but his success was being a big WW.

Till was a big ol WW that pounced on 20lb lighter Donald. Was never that great and doesnt finish fights he wins. I like Till, but his success was being a big WW.

He beat Kelvin and gave Whittaker an incredibly tough fight.

I was not sold on the Till hype when he got the title shot, but now he's become grossly underrated.

You can critique his fighting style based on excitement, but dude is a legit contender at 185.

Last edited:
Probably a bit overrated. His wins over top competition are never in impressive style but his losses to top competition have been 2/3 times

I thought he lost to Wonderboy, but I thought he beat Whittaker & I had a lot of money of Whittaker. Not sure how Whittaker's takedown was scored more than Till's elbow that cut him in round 5, but I gladly accepted it lol.

In what universe did you think he beat Whittaker? I don’t recall anyone here contesting that decision.

He beat Kelvin and gave Whittaker an incredibly tough fight.

I was not sold on the Till hype when you got the title shot, but now he's become grossly underrated.

You can critique his fighting style based on excitement, but dude is a legit contender at 185.
The Kelvin fight was uneventful for me. I think Uriah Hall would be a good match up for him. He does get respect from strikers because he has power. He has just got to where he sits and waits too much.

Till is a massive weight cutter who’s scared to enter the pocket.

Had Gastelum and Wonderboy both beating him.

not overrated but I also wouldn't say he's the elite of the division, not sure how he is ranked #4 going 1-1 at 185.

He is overrated as a fighter. His humor is also overrated. I don't know what meathead finds him funny on social media.

He's literally atrocious in every way.

Back