Is it easy to cut the cord?

That's a lot of money you could spend on weed instead

I haven't had cable in like 15 years

I actually have cable right now because I switched internet providers and they gave me free cable for a few months.
I turned it on once to make sure it worked and haven't used it since.

Can't imagine paying for that garbage.

I'll keep a streaming service or two for like 20 bucks a month and I can watch a show without commercials, when I feel like it.

I haven't willingly chose to have cable since I was a teenager.

{<doc}

I thought this thread was gonna be about giving up teh Sherdog.

You're talking about television? Fucking television???

source.gif

<{MingNope}>

Paying 220 every month for comcast then add on 40 for netflix amazon Disney n espn +. That 260 a month before any extra like fights or movies are ordered.

Just my cable tv and internet blast is 170 a month. Then I got hbo , sho , and sec n.

Just asking the folks who have cut the cord.

A. Does Comcast let u keep the internet if u cancel the TV? As every other internet service I have tried sucks next to blast.

B. Would the cost be lowered enough from the 260 a month I pay to be worth the hassle?

C. What's the best service for TV ....... sling, youtubetv, hulu, other?

It's way better mate. My internet cost like 60 bucks then I pay 11.99 for hulu and not sure what I pay for Amazon cuz its yearly. Other than that I got netflix, youtubetv, and hbo from other people so I'm gravy. Oh and I got a year of disney plus but I'm cancelling when that's up.

Been free 5-7 years now. When I do happen to catch some cable at a friends or something I’m amazed at how stupid commercials are. Blows my mind.

It's fun, just do it. Go buy an antenna, that'll help you with Network TV sports. Other than that, who cares. You just broke up with a controlling woman who never touches your pee pee. You're FREE!!!

Once you start adding streaming services it quickly adds up to what you were paying before. You can steal all your entertainment and save money that way, I guess.

Yeah I don't see the point in multiple streaming services. I have Netflix and prime and prime is a bonus because I originally got that for the free fast shipping.

Planning on it after march madness. Can get 60 bucks for blast, 25 bucks for amazon n netflix, 12 bucks for espn plus n disney.

Haven't decided between sling YouTube or hulu will go with whatever has best sports.

Only thing that worries me is a friend told me Comcast wont Let u keep blast if u dont have cable as well.

Internet
YouTube TV
Netflix

Since we have both devices we split time between The Fire Cube and Apple TV. The Amazon device is for......upload_2020-2-11_14-39-33.jpeg.......watching Jack Sparrow, lol.

Since we had qualifying devices or services, we currently have Disney+ and Apple TV shows free for the year. Altogether my monthly bill is around $178 if I include Amazon Prime which we would have with or without TV Service since the wife orders so much stuff.

$178 is still cheaper than the last package before I cut cable that was running me $280 a month. And my internet package still included basic cable and telephone for only $20 more than the internet only package I was looking at. So I literally have a cable box sitting in my house doing absolutely nothing. And the only people calling the house phone is my kid's schools. But it's there just in case.

If I really loved Jack Sparrow, I could cut my bill even more, but I still like live TV. And none of the free services I tried cut the mustard for me. Youtube TV has a sports package in it's basic package that my cable company and PS Vue used to charge extra for.

Planning on it after march madness. Can get 60 bucks for blast, 25 bucks for amazon n netflix, 12 bucks for espn plus n disney.

Haven't decided between sling YouTube or hulu will go with whatever has best sports.

Only thing that worries me is a friend told me Comcast wont Let u keep blast if u don't have cable as well.

This is what Youtube TV gives sports in my area in the basic package. Not sure if there is an upgrade to this. Not sure where you're located so some locals sports channels might be subbed in.

ACC Network, Big 10 Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN University, FS1, FS2, Golf Channel, MLB Network, NBA TV, NBC Sports Network, New England Cable News, Olympic Channel, SEC Network, SNYHD, Tennis Channel, YES

I don't have cable but I spend a lot of money on video games, so I don't know if you would save money on my plan

Once you start adding streaming services it quickly adds up to what you were paying before. You can steal all your entertainment and save money that way, I guess.

I just got Comcast down to $130 after taxes and fees for internet and cable. It’s essentially paying $20 for cable. Worth it for me as I watch a good amount of sports.
Your 100% correct

People want to slam the cable provider but it's really the networks that are raising fees and prices. These streaming services have literally raised every single year and will continue to do so (networks are taking a profit loss to gain entry but are steadly going to raise the cost to near cable prices).

I'm going to laugh when in 3 years these streaming services are the same price as cable but have half the channels. There's no such things as "cutting the cord", the network is going to get there money from you. There's "i'm not going to watch nearly a much TV as I use to" but there's no "i'm going to run away from these high prices by trying another method".

For people who watch a good amount of TV the best option is like you stated, package internet and cable to a reasonable cost.

Your 100% correct

People want to slam the cable provider but it's really the networks that are raising fees and prices. These streaming services have literally raised every single year and will continue to do so (networks are taking a profit loss to gain entry but are steadly going to raise the cost to near cable prices).

I'm going to laugh when in 3 years these streaming services are the same price as cable but have half the channels. There's no such things as "cutting the cord", the network is going to get there money from you. There's "i'm not going to watch nearly a much TV as I use to" but there's no "i'm going to run away from these high prices by trying another method".

For people who watch a good amount of TV the best option is like you stated, package internet and cable to a reasonable cost.
Yeah I looked into it seriously for a bit and couldn’t find the savings of ditching cable, only less convenience.

Been free 5-7 years now. When I do happen to catch some cable at a friends or something I’m amazed at how stupid commercials are. Blows my mind.

Drops your IQ by the minute.

You may miss out on some pop and topical references but that's not really a problem per se.

lol yep. Literally anytime someoen says "have you seen that commercial.." "No.". I don't even let them finish anymore I just say nope I never see commercials anymore.

I remember years ago when I was newly single and got an apartment with no washer\dryer I would go to my dads to do laundry. Watching TV there was a fucking nightmare. I was trying to watch this one movie that I really liked and one of the commercials was 5 mins long. Who can sit there for 5 mins watching commercials.

Call your cable company to cancel and see what they offer you.

I looked into cutting the cord a few months back when my contract was about to be up. When I called to only cancel the cable, they ended up offering me a deal that was close to what new subscribers were getting and that was cheaper than what YTTV + Sling would have costed.

P.S. No need for the movie channels as everything can be found online.

When I canceled a premium channel, I did not get any special offers. They didn't give a fuck.

I wanted to do this badly but after putting the internet with the streaming services the price was similar. They really get you by the balls and I know i could just torrent things but that isn't an option for me in the field I work in. 100 bucks a month isn't worth my career haha.
Huh?

Back