1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Is it easy to cut the cord?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Streeter, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Streeter Silver Belt

Paying 220 every month for comcast then add on 40 for netflix amazon Disney n espn +. That 260 a month before any extra like fights or movies are ordered.

Just my cable tv and internet blast is 170 a month. Then I got hbo , sho , and sec n.

Just asking the folks who have cut the cord.

A. Does Comcast let u keep the internet if u cancel the TV? As every other internet service I have tried sucks next to blast.

B. Would the cost be lowered enough from the 260 a month I pay to be worth the hassle?

C. What's the best service for TV ....... sling, youtubetv, hulu, other?

2. JinKazama Silver Belt

Just keep the internet, if u use AT&T then signup up with directtv/AT&T Now, there’s a bit of a discount

otherwise Hulu tv might be best bang for your buck with YouTube tv bring a close second

I heard PlayStation was closing their streaming service this month which is kinda nuts, guess they didn’t have enough subscribers

3. Cole train Gold Belt

take a cutting tool
    cut the cord
    ?????
    profit

4. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are Platinum Member

We cut comcast ans now survive on Netflix and Amazon. Not only are we spending a fuckton less, but now that my life is News free, I am immensely happier. I also don't go on facebook more than once a month. No instagram. No twitter. Again, so much happier.

Our species was never meant to have 24 hour access to news and trivial horseshit.

5. blaseblah Titanium Belt

If you dont watch sports there's very little point to cable.

Also your monthly rate is insane. You need to negotiate the price every year or they will keep jacking it up. That's your main issue.

6. Kandyland Banned Banned

Yup. All I watch on TV is sports, so I just stream the games. I went from $177 a month for TV/internet to just $44 a month for just internet. It's easy.

7. Threetrees Free Jon Gruden

Yes.

It's very easy
    Just do alacarte tv and do live during seasons when you want t ok watch stuff live

8. weed ベルセルク

4yrs now since I cut that fucking cable.

I would only watch TV for less than 20 minutes every weekday morning when I would get out of the shower & get ready. just to hear the traffic report at 7:08am. that's it. & I'd be paying $120 a month. fuck Time Warner & their shitty ass service.

think of it this way - cable TV is primitive. you can only watch it when you're at home, you can't take it with you everywhere you go. that's why channels/networks have their own apps, trying to keep you invested with their brand & content at all times.

& then comes the internet (RE: piracy). everything is literally available online if you know where to look, all at your motherfucking convenience.

9. Satsui Ryu Black Belt

You don't have to completely cut the cord. There are services like Sling that provide cable television at a much cheaper price. DirecTV Now has a really good lineup of channels, but their DVR works like half the time. If I didn't have to jave certain international channels I would've gone to a streaming TV service a while ago.

10. BearGrounds A great many scalps.

On the frontier, west of the Hudson river.
    {<doc}

I thought this thread was gonna be about giving up teh Sherdog.

You're talking about television? Fucking television???

[​IMG]

11. mb23100 Steel Belt

I had PSVue for 2 years and it was great. They ended it now we have ToutubeTv and it isn't bad. $50 a month. +$70 for internet. Would never go back to cable. I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime and ESPN+

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I don't like how streaming services like ESPN+ keeping spinning as if it's working on giving the feed, but nothing shows up for minutes, but does after quitting and retrying. The dumbing down to low res or freezing also is really irritating especially when paying to watch live DAZN Bellator.

13. KreamPuff Blue Belt

Same for me, internet and youtube tv. I split youtube tv with my sister, and being able to watch anywhere is great. I hookup through a roku, and I barely notice a difference. The buggest drawback is lack of regional (local) sports.

14. Merlotte's Gold Belt

I’ve gone so far as to filter out certain words on some of my apps to avoid that trap. Words like Trump, Clinton, Republican, Democrat, etc. That stuff is east to find when you want to find it but I don’t need it creeping into every avenue.

15. method115 Titanium Belt

I cut the cord so long ago I don't even remember anymore. It's easily been 10+ years at this point. I pay yearly for VPN and have program connected to torrent sites. I put in the TV shows I want it downlads them, puts them in the correct media folder for the show, and then I updated Kodi when I get home and watch TV. Even my wife uses it now to download her shows or any new shows she wants to watch.

16. A.A. Riggs Black By Demand

You may miss out on some pop and topical references but that's not really a problem per se.

17. Ezekiel 25:17 Brown Belt

Wow. Just pay for super high speed net with unlimited data usage, invest in a 6-10tb external, then just download everything.

18. elreece Black Belt

Cam to say this.

Get the best internet speeds you can get, find a good torrent site and load up on shows to watch.

Easy and cheap.

19. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho

i have Time Warner/Spectrum, but will probably cancel Cable soon as i only use for Sports now that GoT is over

20. cmw43 Bad Boys Club

I just use unlimited 4G internet for £20 a month, no cable needed.

Then I subscribe to Amazon, Netflix and Fightpass and I use my Dad's Sky account for sports and HBO shows.

21. Otto! Steel Belt Platinum Member

I cut cable 7 years ago and i don’t miss it. Between Disney+ Netflix and Prime i have everything i need.