News Is Hurricane Ian going to destroy Florida?

Ok Wikipedia tells me we had our first male cyclone (that's what we call hurricanes) in 1976, it was called Ted. This may or may not help you at your next trivia night.

Tip was a beast.

earths-strongest-most-massive-storm-ever_3.jpg

Here's Godzilla battling Ian:

f5ec008c2e83e41722c05d2f61d8f9a927139bf513fa9db0e611672b4da0ed15.png

I'm not sure what's a better source? A pub, or Wikipedia... Honestly, it could go either way.

You're probably correct for hurricanes as typhoons and cyclones have different naming conventions.

You're probably correct for hurricanes as typhoons and cyclones have different naming conventions.

I'm going by hurricanes, but I may have been proven wrong.

Hurricanes are tropical storms that form over the North Atlantic and the Northeast Pacific. Cyclones form over the Indian Ocean and South Pacific.

Hurricanes are tropical storms that form over the North Atlantic and the Northeast Pacific. Cyclones form over the Indian Ocean and South Pacific.

Yeah but he was saying the first male CYCLONE was in 1976.

So I think recently we had a hurricane hit socal and a typhoon come down from Alaska and hit norcal...

So I think recently we had a hurricane hit socal and a typhoon come down from Alaska and hit norcal...

Probably something close but I don't think a tropical cyclone would come down from Alaska.

Back