Is GSP the only fighter to voluntarily vacate a belt on two separate occasions?

I'm surprised gsp hasn't tried to jump into any of the fast and furious movies yet or other action movies.

I know BJ Penn once voluntarily vacated the WW belt to leave the UFC. Then we have McGregor/Jones who were forcibly stripped twice but neither voluntarily vacated... GSP is the only guy I can think of that vacated twice.

We all remember him opting to retire instead of giving Hendricks a rematch
View attachment 432499
View attachment 432503

And then most recently be had a competitive war with Michael Ping and then chose to vacate a month later instead of facing #1 contender Robert Whittaker
View attachment 432501

Is there anyone else sherdoggers?
GSP holds the record for shortest title reign before vacating/being stripped at 30 days.

I know BJ Penn once voluntarily vacated the WW belt to leave the UFC. Then we have McGregor/Jones who were forcibly stripped twice but neither voluntarily vacated... GSP is the only guy I can think of that vacated twice.

View attachment 432499
View attachment 432503

And then most recently be had a competitive war with Michael Ping and then chose to vacate a month later instead of facing #1 contender Robert Whittaker
View attachment 432501

Didn’t BJ also vacate the 155 belt to go fight in another promotion?

And this is used as a means of trashing him. GSP took on nothing but the best of the best his entire career as champion. Part of the reason it took him so long to come back, and part of the reason why it was only one appearance is that he has a bad relationship with that scumbag Dana White. He is a piece of shit that unfairly threw him under the bus years ago. This after GSP made him a truckload of fucking money.

View attachment 432499
View attachment 432503

View attachment 432501

it better than being stripped twice and im talking about conor not jon jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dennerson reis
Back