Is Francis Ngannou the UFC HW GOAT?

Is Francis Ngannou the UFC HW GOAT?

• Total voters
In terms of sheer capability on their best day I think Cain, DC and Jones are probably the best fighters ever to be in the UFCs HW division. But Cain never realised his potential and DC and (so far) Jones didnt spend enough time at HW.

it is important to define eras. as the sport progresses, the champions and goats of their eras will be more easily recognizable. in the same way babe ruth was once celebrated, and now remembered as a great for his time, the same thing will happen with MMA. For now, 2023, the modern era, Francis Ngannou is the undisputed HW goat. A separate goat entity, in the halls of MMA. Not only that, he is a combat sports goat, arguably beating Tyson Fury in boxing. Francis Ngannou is the GOATiest fighter in the modern era. When another MMA champion can do what he did in boxing, then they too will be deserving of that title. Until then, Francis eats and drinks at a table that only he sits at, at a table that he built himself. Fucking amazing to see. Fucking amazing. To King Ngannou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Wish it had been 12 rounds to really test both men. It looked like Franky was fading.... but it also looked like Fury was wilting in (I think) round 8, but seemed to bounce back.

BINGO. They can do 12 rounds in the rematch. Hence, why they only did 10 this time. Fury now has a fallback fight. Beat Usyk and Frank is always there for a fun fight. Lose to Usyk and people smell blood in the water for a Frank fight.

Didn't change my MMA GOAT ranking at all. But it did elevate his boxing status by leaps and bounds. So good for Francis.

I was never a fan of Francis, thought him just a puncher with huge power. But he evolved and you cannot deny it. From windmill punches to a masterful performance against Gane, and now he boxed to a split decision with a boxing champ.
My congratulations to Francis and I hope he got paid, finally.

Hasn’t done enough in MMA to be on the GOAT list but I’m extremely impressed and a little sad we don’t get to see a HW title run in the UFC. Fans took him for granted big time

I don't think he is, but i voted yes anyway because he absolutely embarrassed Fury and I am so happy about it
War Francis

Ran away from Stipe, Gane and jones, proceeds to lose a boxing match but somehow he’s the goat?? I wish I was smoking whatever you fatherless bastards have.

GOAT in MMA? No not really, this doesn't change anything for me when it comes to MMA

^ that right there?

What the hell has a boxing match to do with goat mma rankings.. the ufc ww division would have a field day with the top hw boxers of the world in mma..

Great showing for ngannou no doubt, he took all the chips but why the need to compare to the dead sport of boxing..

He's still behind Stipe. Last night was awesome but boxing does nothing for his MMA legacy.

No, I don't mix accomplishments across sports. Ngannou's boxing career doesn't increase his MMA accomplishments or vice versa. If you want to argue he's one of the greatest combat sports athletes that's a different conversation and a fair one to have though.

I'm super happy for him betting on himself and winning though even though he got robbed of the decision most seem to have had him winning.

it is important to define eras. as the sport progresses, the champions and goats of their eras will be more easily recognizable. in the same way babe ruth was once celebrated, and now remembered as a great for his time, the same thing will happen with MMA. For now, 2023, the modern era, Francis Ngannou is the undisputed HW goat. A separate goat entity, in the halls of MMA. Not only that, he is a combat sports goat, arguably beating Tyson Fury in boxing. Francis Ngannou is the GOATiest fighter in the modern era. When another MMA champion can do what he did in boxing, then they too will be deserving of that title. Until then, Francis eats and drinks at a table that only he sits at, at a table that he built himself. Fucking amazing to see. Fucking amazing. To King Ngannou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Completely agree

I was going to write MMA HW GOAT...

But it's hard to top what Fedor accomplished over 10 years as a HW.

Insane that a HW fighter who can probably be a modern day MW fighter... dominated HW for 10 years, without getting dropped once.

Ngannou's win over Stipe is more recent, and it's way more decisive.

This is after Ngannou improved on his weakness which was his grappling. Stipe capitalized on takedowns to hold Ngannou down to beat him.

The last time they fought Ngannou knocked him out into retirement.

Also, Ngannou never lost the belt. He had to vacate it in the middle of his reign due to contract reasons.

Ngannou would easily have the new record, especially now that the UFC HW division is paper thin.
Lol you have to be trolling... Ngannou beat an old out of prime Stipe... and that's more impressive than Stipe beating a prime Francis 5 rounds to 0....

Reaching bro.... thats like saying Izzy beating Anderson Silva is more impressive than when he beat Robert Whittaker because Anderson Silva was a champ with 10 defenses..

Even though AS was clearly out of his prime.

Fury clearly didn't take this fight seriously

Floyd didn't take his fight against Conor seriously and was hanging in strip club till 4am during the fight week.

He still dominated Conor bell to bell during the fight.

Ngannou's win over Stipe is more recent, and it's way more decisive.
Stipe's first win was pretty decisive as well. Just because he didn't finish him doesnt change that fact. Stipe outlanded him 84 strikes to 0 in Round 4 FFS.

Ngannou would easily have the new record, especially now that the UFC HW division is paper thin.
Aspinall and Pavlovich may very well have beaten him. Too bad we'll never know.

Stipe is UFC HW goat.

Back