Is Fight Pass super slooooooow for anyone else?

You're assuming that they know exactly where to cut and edit on these files, and they typically edit out sponsor that are not theirs
No I'm not, the program they would use would give them a preview of the scene they are on, finding the start and end of a fight takes seconds. Its not like they are fast forwarding a VCR dude, for the music they would have they can just solo the vocals, this is a bit trickier if they don't have separate sound files for commentary, crowd, ring but still not difficult for a seasoned engineer with the right plug ins.

I dunno about the blurring of sponsers because it depends on the deal they made with Glory, Glory still hold the rights to the events so it's a bit different. I know they have blurred stuff in the past but watch 26 theres tons of sponsers the UFC have nothing to do with.

Are you basing your arguments on anything or just assuming I'm wrong?

No I'm not, the program they would use would give them a preview of the scene they are on, finding the start and end of a fight takes seconds. Its not like they are fast forwarding a VCR dude, for the music they would have they can just solo the vocals, this is a bit trickier if they don't have separate sound files for commentary, crowd, ring but still not difficult for a seasoned engineer with the right plug ins.

I dunno about the blurring of sponsers because it depends on the deal they made with Glory, Glory still hold the rights to the events so it's a bit different. I know they have blurred stuff in the past but watch 26 theres tons of sponsers the UFC have nothing to do with.

Are you basing your arguments on anything or just assuming I'm wrong?

Honestly all of this is based on the reasons they have given in the past for slowly rolling out the libraries of other orgs they have like the WEC, Pride, and Strikeforce. All of those Libraries were initially added very much incomplete and they were taking so long completing them that people really started to complained they just said fuck it and added the rest of those libraries without edited them just edited them after they were on fight pass. You seem a lot more knowledgeable in this field than, i'm just basing my argument on fight pass' past

I got rid of mine, because of that reason. Live streams were all good until the last two fights, of EVERY event, then non stop buffering and cutting out for the final fights. The video library was even worse, the thing would buffer, play for 3 seconds, buffer again, play for 1 second, buffer again, play for 2 seconds etc.

Tried it on different devices, were all the same. Thought it must be my area, but idk now.

Honestly all of this is based on the reasons they have given in the past for slowly rolling out the libraries of other orgs they have like the WEC, Pride, and Strikeforce. All of those Libraries were initially added very much incomplete and they were taking so long completing them that people really started to complained they just said fuck it and added the rest of those libraries without edited them just edited them after they were on fight pass. You seem a lot more knowledgeable in this field than, i'm just basing my argument on fight pass' past

Yeah I remember people losing their shit over the blurring of sponsers cos it was so outrageous at times it detracted from the fights.

In all those situations the UFC owned them outright though, thats why I was unsure about Glory/K1 cos Glory still own the rights, but I guess we will both find out whenever they are uploaded.

I also am interested in knowing if the UFC will upload future main cards shown on ESPN after they are shown (like the same time frame it takes to add a PPV or FOX show for instance)

I always watch on Roku or my iPad. I've noticed that with live events, Roku lags behind the iPad. I read posts on play by play threads about something that happens 10 seconds later on the Roku. Doesn't happen with iPad viewing.

As others have said, the search function sucks, and Invicta fights are no longer separated, and have to fast forward through the events to find certain fights.

bit annoying as I couln't watch Shooto at the weekend as it kept buffering

It always worked with no issues for me, during all events, playback, etc. But yesterday I was trying to watch it and it kept stalling. But that was a first.

I wish UFC was just all over FastPass. Heck, they could charge me 50 bucks a month and I would pay. Today I pay 79 just to get FS1 so I can watch Fox cards...I already have Sling and BeinTV on Roku3, so I don't need cable..except for freaking Fox cards. Wish they had Fox on Sling so I can drop cable.

Just paid for a year subscription and I can hardly watch any of the events......will buffer more than play. I even have the Roku plugged into the Ethernet now....still sucks.
I've had fight pass twice and had this exact problem both times, which is why I cancelled. Sucks though, great library and I would have loved to keep it, but it was pointless because I couldn't watch anything straight through.

Always feel bad to see people having trouble with Fight Pass. With the progress they're trying to make with it, it might soon become a must have for MMA/Combat Sports fans.

sometimes its fine for me, but other times its very slow and buffers. its not my connection because all the other websites are totally fine., its a problem with fightpass. they have the cheek to charge us for it too, could atleast make your videos work all the time

Fight Pass has become unwatchable with all the buffering. I will definitely cancel and not renew. It's s shame because, as someone already noted, it is a must have for MMA fans but not if it endlessly buffers.

Fight Pass has become unwatchable with all the buffering. I will definitely cancel and not renew. It's s shame because, as someone already noted, it is a must have for MMA fans but not if it endlessly buffers.

this never happens for me. ever. I haven't got a PPV on it but I've watched live fights. Not one buffering.

I did have a couple, and by that I mean 2, times where it froze while I was watching fights from the library. I had to back out and restart it. That was 2 times.

It isn't slow, in my opinion. I'd think that might have more to do with wifi strength or internet speed.

Just paid for a year subscription and I can hardly watch any of the events......will buffer more than play. I even have the Roku plugged into the Ethernet now....still sucks.

you can pay a year at a pop? that's a shame. I go month by month. After February I think I'll take March off.

Maybe I'll actually get some work done :)

this never happens for me. ever. I haven't got a PPV on it but I've watched live fights. Not one buffering.

I did have a couple, and by that I mean 2, times where it froze while I was watching fights from the library. I had to back out and restart it. That was 2 times.

It isn't slow, in my opinion. I'd think that might have more to do with wifi strength or internet speed.

Everything is fine on my end. It's not my ISP. Internet speed is high. Every other website works fine.

Just did a quick search and found this on reddit from earlier this month.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/448ihl/fight_pass_buffering_issues/?sort=old

Anyone else getting this? Fight library streams stutter and skip constantly. Can be worse on certain days than others. It doesn't occur during live events.

It only started occurring for me about 6 weeks ago, was absolutely perfect for the 8 months before that.

just read through a convo on reddit and gleaned some info

"Anything less than 5mbps down is going to give you lackluster video streaming. Your only option would be to upgrade the speed"

"You may have a fast enough connection to parts of the Internet, but not necessarily nodes that are relaying the stream" http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering

"You have Chrome? I had that problem with streaming video on Chrome. Works fine on Firefox now."

"Use a good proxy that will act as a middleman between your ISP and the UFC. I live in Canada and my provider deliberately destroys internet traffic for streaming videos (netflix has called Canada the worst streaming western country)"

"I suspect either you have a bad connection to the infrastructure used by the streaming part of Fight Pass or your ISP is throttling your connection. I'd try a VPN or simple SSH proxy."

Back