Is Edmond Tarverdyan about to make one of the biggest comebacks in all MMA?

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
Touché

I really like this Shahbazyan kid I only hope Edmond don't f*k him up with his madness, I don't know if what I'm watching is this kidz natural talent or actual Edmond training either way I'm enjoying it maybe Edmond as learned his lesson after the whole Ronda story..?
i believe he's been training with Edmund for like 10 years.

people on sherdog would even shit on Firas if GSP lost his belt

I disagree, Tarverdyan clearly showed he sucks and that he was just lucky that Rousey knocked on his door. He's a pure striking coach and yet Ronda had some of the worst striking defense ever. Even Rener "everybody is legit and awesome" Gracie was embarrassed by his coaching in the Holm fight. Established fighters like Browne and Ellenberger all did worst and worst when they joined him. Plus he's a gigantic insecure asshole, as shown on that pathetic TUF season against Tate.

If he'll fail ppl will blame Edmond, if he'll succeed ppl will claim it's only because of his natural talent and he would be even better in a camp like ATT etc. Everything is moving in circles on sherdog.
Sherdog practices Bruce Lee's philosophies...be like water, be formless, be shapeless

I disagree, Tarverdyan clearly showed he sucks and that he was just lucky that Rousey knocked on his door. He's a pure striking coach and yet Ronda had some of the worst striking defense ever. Even Rener "everybody is legit and awesome" Gracie was embarrassed by his coaching in the Holm fight. Established fighters like Browne and Ellenberger all did worst and worst when they joined him. Plus he's a gigantic insecure asshole, as shown on that pathetic TUF season against Tate.
Ronda is a stubborn low IQ Judo savant. You can lead a horse to water but it wont always drink. I believe Edmund gave up after a while.

After the whole Ronda arc Edmond was viewed as an universal joke and a terrible coach specially with the whole "head movement" episode but now it seems his student Edmen Shahbazyan is destined for greatness.

So if his student Edmen ends up wining the belt would that make Edmond Tarverdyan one of the biggest comebacks histories in all MMA?
Actual training footage of hot new prospect Edmen:
8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif

Last edited:
Yes hes going to make the biggest come back ever and Yes if this doesn't work he will be forced the come out of retirement and take that UFC Gold Strap himself.

#undefeated

Curious. What is it, other than coaching Ronda - perhaps poorly - in the Holly fight that makes Edmond so reviled in these forums? I honestly don't know much about the guy. He DID coach the top WMMA athlete of her time and still arguably the #2 WMMA fighter ever. I know he coached Travis Browne also, who had a decent run in the UFC. Granted, it doesn't take much, but what is it that makes him so disliked on Sherdog?

To be fair If i was getting paid that Ronda money i would have told her she shits gold and can knock out HW males too

I have seen no evidence of good cornering or coaching from Ed

Curious. What is it, other than coaching Ronda - perhaps poorly - in the Holly fight that makes Edmond so reviled in these forums? I honestly don't know much about the guy. He DID coach the top WMMA athlete of her time and still arguably the #2 WMMA fighter ever. I know he coached Travis Browne also, who had a decent run in the UFC. Granted, it doesn't take much, but what is it that makes him so disliked on Sherdog?

Mainly TUF 18 but there are some reasons like:
- Interviews wher he said things like he could beat Jose Aldo(prime), Ronda dropping boxing world champs, etc.
- Ronda's mom threw him under the bus
- Most of his fighters got destroyed and retired
- The Ali mural
- The Werdum Fiasco

and probably many more

Mainly TUF 18 but there are some reasons like:
- Interviews wher he said things like he could beat Jose Aldo(prime), Ronda dropping boxing world champs, etc.
- Ronda's mom threw him under the bus
- Most of his fighters got destroyed and retired
- The Ali mural
- The Werdum Fiasco

and probably many more
THx

After the whole Ronda arc Edmond was viewed as an universal joke and a terrible coach specially with the whole "head movement" episode but now it seems his student Edmen Shahbazyan is destined for greatness.

So if his student Edmen ends up wining the belt would that make Edmond Tarverdyan one of the biggest comebacks histories in all MMA?
Tarverdyan was never a bad coach, he just coached a fighter in Ronda with zero talent in the standup.
when Edmen Shahbazyan becomes champ, everyone will praise Edmund as an elite coach.

He just might. Shahbazyan is looking like a real future champ.

Ronda is a stubborn low IQ Judo savant. You can lead a horse to water but it wont always drink. I believe Edmund gave up after a while.

If it was just about Ronda, Edmund wouldn't have worsened established fighters. Nobody even knew who he was until Ronda came in, and 99% of her success was about judo and her athleticism.

Edmund Tarverdyan has very much confidence in Ronda's ability to box with Holly Holm, Joe.

Back