Is Earthing/Grounding legit?

Zazen

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Are there benefits to walking on the Earth barefoot? Do you think it heals us? I'm thinking of trying this more often because lately I haven't been sleeping that well.

Last edited:
I walk barefoot all the time, I see no benifit other than not having to put on shoes to walk around the yard

dirty feet are disgusting.

By the title I thought you meant as a means of protection against electric shock. And yes it is.

No idea what you're actually talking about tho.

Fuck no it doesn't heal us. You'll get some badass calluses, a different take on your posture, a few stubbed toes, and maybe something fun like a nail or stick in your foot. But that's about it. Good god, people are stupid if they think the earth will somehow mystically heal us by walking on it.

Fuck no it doesn't heal us. You'll get some badass calluses, a different take on your posture, a few stubbed toes, and maybe something fun like a nail or stick in your foot. But that's about it. Good god, people are stupid if they think the earth will somehow mystically heal us by walking on it.

I don't think Earthing is about walking everywhere barefoot, just simply taking some time to be in our own yard barefoot. I wouldn't walk on streets or sidewalks barefoot for sure

Some times it feels good to walk barefoot, most times it doesn't. Try walking barefoot on a sandy beach near the equator , when it's mid-day or afternoon and temps are hovering around 100F.

Why does everything have to be a thing now?
Earthing?
No motherfucker youre walking barefoot like people did for millions of years and white broads in trailer parks still do to this day
Everybody gotta feel unique and special about every insignificant little bullshit they do and its pissin me off!
PISSIN ME OFF!!!!!!

Earthing?
No motherfucker youre walking barefoot like people did for millions of years and white broads in trailer parks still do to this day
Everybody gotta feel unique and special about every insignificant little bullshit they do and its pissin me off!
PISSIN ME OFF!!!!!!

Tell us how you really feel <45>

hqdefault.jpg

Earthing?
PISSIN ME OFF!!!!!!
I can totally see this being a hip, trendy, hispterish thing. But only if done by people who give off that aura of being young and hip. It wouldn't be considered trendy or hip if some working class White or Black guy in a trailer park did it. Like how fixed gear bikes became a 'thing' , only cause it was being used by people who had the means to buy bikes with multiple gears but consciously choose not to.

Also reminds me of how Hookah lounges became a hipster trendy thing. I used hang out at Hookah cafes in my early teens with friends way back in the early 90s when I lived in the MidEast, and no one considered it a trendy hipster thing to do. But bring the custom over here to the West and have some young trend conscious people do it, and suddenly it is a 'thing'.

I can totally see this being a hip, trendy, hispterish thing. But only if done by people who give off that aura of being young and hip. It wouldn't be considered trendy or hip if some working class White or Black guy in a trailer park did it. Like how fixed gear bikes became a 'thing' , only cause it was being used by people who had the means to buy bikes with multiple gears but consciously choose not to.

Also reminds me of how Hookah lounges became a hipster trendy thing. I used hang out at Hookah cafes in my early teens with friends way back in the early 90s when I lived in the MidEast, and no one considered it a trendy hipster thing to do. But bring the custom over here to the West and have some young trend conscious people do it, and suddenly it is a 'thing'.
Nice post but you didn't really mention whether it heals or not. I don't really care if it is considered a hippie thing. I've had trouble sleeping lately and a youtuber tyrone magnus said it cured his sleep apnea. He is the furthest thing from a hippie.

I don't think Earthing is about walking everywhere barefoot, just simply taking some time to be in our own yard barefoot. I wouldn't walk on streets or sidewalks barefoot for sure
What's the supposed benefit of walking in your yard barefoot versus, say, not wearing shoes in your house?

Nice post but you didn't really mention whether it heals or not. I don't really care if it is considered a hippie thing. I've had trouble sleeping lately and a youtuber tyrone magnus said it cured his sleep apnea. He is the furthest thing from a hippie.

If sleep is an issue do the following:

Keep bedtime regular,

Avoid screen time a few hours before,

Ensure no lights, even LEDs are in your bedroom,

Lower the temperature of your bedroom, this is key because temperature is the biggest cue to calibrate your circadian rhythm aside from light hitting the back of your knees.

Read a book in bed, this will key your body into stasis because you will be very still.

Consider self hypnosis if it continues, it's easy and makes a huge difference.

Edit, also consider not eating for a hours beforehand also.

What's the supposed benefit of walking in your yard barefoot versus, say, not wearing shoes in your house?
When our bare feet touch the ground they absorb the free electrons from the earth which supposedly has healing benefits in the form of antioxidants. Our modern day shoes block us from getting those electrons from the electrical field of earth

As an Electromechanical engineer I can tell you that earthing/grounding most certainly does work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back