Is Earthing/Grounding legit?

I don't think you should mock things our ancestors have done for a long time. They were way smarter than we give them credit for. Do some reading on the Sumerians. They were very advanced for their time. Modern medicine is great and everything but thanks to big pharma people have started to seek more ancient practices that don't cost us our life savings. I think it would do you well to be a bit more open-minded
They also lived to the age of 35, sacrificed people and animals in the name of religion, and had real fears of starving to death. It does no one any good to romanticize their lifestyle. I’ve had to kill and eat my own food before, drink unclear water, and faced the elements without shelter. I can tell you that it sucks.

Fuck no it doesn't heal us. You'll get some badass calluses, a different take on your posture, a few stubbed toes, and maybe something fun like a nail or stick in your foot. But that's about it. Good god, people are stupid if they think the earth will somehow mystically heal us by walking on it.

First raw water, now this shit. Yeah, living exactly like humans lived when they were cavemen is the way to go. Don’t get vaccinated either. Fuck that shit. Just get diseases and fucked up feet.

I do it all the time, just have to watch out for snakes in summer

They also lived to the age of 35, sacrificed people and animals in the name of religion, and had real fears of starving to death. It does no one any good to romanticize their lifestyle. I’ve had to kill and eat my own food before, drink unclear water, and faced the elements without shelter. I can tell you that it sucks.
Nobody is romanticizing anything. You're being really close minded here. I made this thread to see if there is any truth to earthing but yet you're here asking me questions as if I'm am expert on this topic. Also people back then died early for many reasons. You really think we are healthier now? Look at all the obesity around you. If we took ancient man and put him in our country in 2018 they would surely be healthier than the majority of Americans

Nice post but you didn't really mention whether it heals or not. I don't really care if it is considered a hippie thing. I've had trouble sleeping lately and a youtuber tyrone magnus said it cured his sleep apnea. He is the furthest thing from a hippie.
It 'feels' good sometimes. I don't know what you mean by "heals". I do not believe it can heal anything.

The physical experience of walking bare feet might have exhausted your friend , leading to his brain too tired to focus on sleep apnea; kind like how a sudden fright seems to get rid of some people's hick-ups.

I would spend my life without shoes if I could. Nothing like the feel of grass, sand and packed earth.

Nobody is romanticizing anything. You're being really close minded here. I made this thread to see if there is any truth to earthing but yet you're here asking me questions as if I'm am expert on this topic. Also people back then died early for many reasons. You really think we are healthier now? Look at all the obesity around you. If we took ancient man and put him in our country in 2018 they would surely be healthier than the majority of Americans
You mentioned how smart the Sumerians were, and I told you that the primary drivers were lack of medicine, good shelter, clean water, and plentiful food sources. In the US, how many people died of dysentery last year? Now, how many people died of diseases like that 1500 years ago?

Yes, we are empirically healthier now than we were in ancient times. Back then, if you got cancer, you were treated by a shaman. Now, you're treated by an oncologist with the best drugs science has to offer. We can do heart transplants that keep people living. Just because we have some fat people running around does not preclude that fact.

I don't know about any kind of healing energy shit but I do believe the less shoe you wear the better.

For years I worked in thick ass huge soled steel toe boots. My casual wear was either boots or huge bulky Jordans.

About 4-5 years ago I started having problems with my back and knees. Severe low back pain, torn meniscus, and all around discomfort and pain in both knees.

About 2-3 years ago I switched my footwear. I got a different job that didn't require me to wear boots and a change in my personal tastes I started wearing flats instead of bulky basketball shoes and boots. For the first couple weeks wearing flats was hell, I felt like I wasnt getting the same support that I did from the bigger shoes and boots. I honestly wanted to switch back to the other shoes and throw the flats in the trash but my income isn't exactly top grade and my flats were the newest shoes I had, my other ones were already too worn out to wear them anywhere that I wanted to look presentable.

A few weeks in with the flats my knee pain started to go down as did my lower back pain. It became far more manageable. About 6 months into wearing the flats I also started lifting weights again and 3 months into thay my pain was pretty much non existent.

I really think less shoe is optimal. Even for activities like hiking Rocky trails, which I now do in flats. Less shoe gives your foot more dexterity and grip on uneven ground. I also believe that all the "support" that boots and bulky shoes supposedly give you does nothing but allow your feet/ankles to rely on the support of the shoe instead of the support of your muscles thus weakening your feet/legs.

I'll take it a step further and say that basketball players should ditch these new age basketball shoes and go back to wearing chucks. Players are always suffering from knee/hip problems and everyone always chalks it up to those dudes just being huge. I think subpar foot wear is a big part if their problem.

Have you tried taking melatonin?

I have no troubles relaxing and hitting deep sleep when i take that

I tried it out, went barefoot for an entire week at the nudist camp and almost always had an erection.

Coincidence?

Working on electronics and shit, I wear ESD shoes (or grounding straps) everyday.

I'm all earthed the fuck up all the time because my resistance value is below 3.5 x 10^7 resp. 35 MΩ (in accordance with EN 61340-5-1, of course).

my hippy Portland gal friend believes in Earthing and does it whenever we travel together and go on our nature hikes.

I could be wrong but I would think that the major causes of death in prehistoric times would be infection and trauma.

I think those account for tge short lifespan. Not because they were stupid cavemen and didn't know to balance their meals correctly or didn't sleep in beds or wear ankle supporting shoes.

I feel like a lot of the people that automatically mocks stuff like this; meditating, even something like prayer, etc are hooked/dependent on some scummy big pharma companies anxiety drug and are still miserable, unpersonable and anxious a lot of the time.

I see it in Mayberry a lot. A group of basic, bitter, take everything at face value mediocre people that on cue get angry/bitter/dismissive of anything to do with spirituality, supernatural subjects, holistic, even conspiracy related, spiritual things, views on what this reality is, etc that are not of the norm. They pretend they're happy with their unoriginal CGI movies, anxiety drugs, fast food and basic mainstream view of things but they know they aren't that happy and it's clear they aren't that happy at all and most likely mentally, physically and emotional not the healthiest they could be. And are so far from figuring things out(we all are) but always have a miserable bitter I've figured everything out response when it comes to certain things.

Last edited:
This takes me back to reading Castaneda and how it inspired me to walk around barefoot, for some fucking reason. I guess getting a bunch of rocks stuck in my feet was supposed to bring me closer to nature. I don't remember much, it's all one hazy douchechill.

It makes you feel more relaxed imo, thus heals you in a way.

Back