Is Dillashaw worth hating?

I stopped watching TUF a long time ago but usually when this kind of head scratching hatred comes up it is tied to the show somehow.

amirite?

He lied about the PED use for years so I believe everything Alpha Male said about him.

That doesn't take away from the fact that Cody is a douche too.

1. No; he's a person in the public eye that didn't do you any harm. 2. The beef is ridiculous. TJ leaving to train with Ludwig is his good right - his career, not Fabers or Garbrandts etc. Them throwing a hissy fit is them selfish and I keep repeating myself but MMA people aren't the thinker types. Don't expect rational thinking.
TAM is mad because TJ knew for 6 months he was leaving for Colorado not only for Lugwig but was also getting paid to train by Team Elevation. They heard the rumors because Team Elevation was recruiting other fighters and let slip that they had successfully signed TJ Dillashaw to the team. Faber went to TJ and asked him about and TJ kept denying it for months. Then the bad split with Ludwig and TAM happens and Bang takes off for Colorado. Then TJ announces he's leaving for Colorado too and everyone assumes he's picked Bang's side in the split. TJ doesn't want people believing that is why he's leaving for Colorado so he has to come clean about the Team Elevation deal. That is why the break up happened.

When asked about why he denied the rumors when he was confronted he said he didn't know how to deliver the bad news to all his friends and teammates so he considered family that he was leaving (he was basically Faber's little brother for a while living on his couch) so he kept pushing off tell them and eventually just makes it seem like him leaving and switching teams was a spur of the moment thing. The Bang situation ruined it for him and forced him to come clean.

He handled his loss to Henry very poorly.

It’s part him and part Fabers ego. Regardless of what people think of him, TJs striking vastly improved when Ludwig came in. It was all he said/she said with Uriah’s and Duane. But I never blamed TJ, he got that much better and he and Duane clicked.

When did we ever see Faber evolve like that in his career? Never, because he can’t be coached. He was talented but brought the same game plan to every fight and never seemed to improve. I think Faber being coached by the right people could have been a champ post WEC.

He’s awesome and I loved this moment <{JustBleed}>
giphy.gif

Well they kicked Ludwig to the curb and he wanted to keep training with him. Since there was obviously some animosity between TAM and Ludwig, I guess they felt betrayed. He even said he wanted to split his training between Ludwig and TAM, and they told him to choose. He chose. They can't really get mad at him doing what he thought was best for his career.

As far as the EPO stuff...I would only be surprised by a few people pissing hot. Nate Diaz comes to mind. Nick comes to mind, but he hasn't fought in years and he probably isn't fighting ever again. Besides them, nobody would surprise me.

When you're talking about professional fighters...they're going to find an edge if they can get away with it. It's just the nature of a sport where people fight and physical advantages pay off. He got caught and he's being punished.

No need for hate based on anything he's done.

TAM has had a few head coaches. Urijah doesn't fire them, he just doesn't offer them a contract or money to be the head coach.

It was only Cody that got angry and escalated everything. Urijah stayed out of it but everyone kept asking him questions so he spoke on it. I don't remember Urijah attacking TJ.

Besides, TJ handled the Cejudo loss and Cruz losses badly and sparring partners have said he is too aggressive in training and has injured people.

TAM is mad because TJ knew for 6 months he was leaving for Colorado not only for Lugwig but was also getting paid to train by Team Elevation. They heard the rumors because Team Elevation was recruiting other fighters and let slip that they had successfully signed TJ Dillashaw to the team. Faber went to TJ and asked him about and TJ kept denying it for months. Then the bad split with Ludwig and TAM happens and Bang takes off for Colorado. Then TJ announces he's leaving for Colorado too and everyone assumes he's picked Bang's side in the split. TJ doesn't want people believing that is why he's leaving for Colorado so he has to come clean about the Team Elevation deal. That is why the break up happened.

When asked about why he denied the rumors when he was confronted he said he didn't know how to deliver the bad news to all his friends and teammates so he considered family that he was leaving (he was basically Faber's little brother for a while living on his couch) so he kept pushing off tell them and eventually just makes it seem like him leaving and switching teams was a spur of the moment thing. The Bang situation ruined it for him and forced him to come clean.

Exactly. Urijah was probably heart broken. It's a snake move.

I don't think TJ and Bang are in Colorado anymore either. TJ also trains at different gyms as well.

Very few people in life are worth hating. Be more positive :)

It’s not often that I read a comment and stop to respond and like without reading the other comments. Talk about nailing a response.. I get ts was being a bit sarcastic but that advice is still what a lot of people need to here. Not even on no super loving peaceful shit.. just be cool lol. Good post

Usually I'm the kind of Switzerlandesq douche that tries to stay unbiased with everybody.

Unfortunately i cant help but hate TJ. Not just becuase he's a consistant liar, or the EPO, or hurting sparring partners, or his general snake ways. But becuase he looks like the most irritating nazi douche of all time. Just his face screams "dont trust me".

Fuck tj

He’s not even worth thinking about, let alone hating.

TJ will always be one of my favorite fighters of all time. Cannot wait to see him fight Yan

So.. I just re-watched the two Dillashaw-Cody fights and even after all those years I don't know what to think of him and his beef with Team Alpha Male. Is he the bad guy? Is he the annoying cry baby I thought he was, or is he being bullied and actually a nice guy? Please help me out making my mind up.. Good arguments are appriciated..

Yes

Screwed over Faber who recruited him and gave him a place to stay, trained him for free and fed him. He also got him in UFC and ultimate fighter. Bad personality, and also ended one of his teammates career too. Bunch of other stuff to mention.

Also on top of that he was roiding too....

Guy is a scumbag. A snake

I don’t hate him. I thought his decision to go down to 125 was nothing short of insane. If you want another belt that badly go up to 45. Why would you cut that much weight? You could see him losing to henry badly coming a mile away.

Is he worth hating? All anyone needs to do is watch the clip of him shirtless at the airport. End of discussion.

Yes

Screwed over Faber who recruited him and gave him a place to stay, trained him for free and fed him. He also got him in UFC and ultimate fighter. Bad personality, and also ended one of his teammates career too. Bunch of other stuff to mention.

Faber Let’s be honest is completely full of shit. He was making all kinds of vague accusations about TJ and Cruz after TJ left the team when it came to performance enhancing drugs. Assuming TJ was always using, he was using right under Faber’s roof.

Hateable seems like a bit of a stretch. But I wouldn't exactly say he's likable at this point either.

Yes

This and other lies in this thread are the kind of slander out of TAM why I lost all respect for them.

1) Faber didnt train "TJ for free". He saw an investment like with other fighters in his team and got more money and renomee out of TJ than near every other fighter of his team. Faber loves to play the bro but has a business interest in developing these relationships. I dont fault him for the business interest but mixing TMZ like emotional behaviour into it with cult like manipulation attempts.

2) Dillashaw roiding: TAM roided way before TJ AND more important after he left. Hello Mr. gyno nipples Josh Emmet, Mendes...etc. The hypocrisy really is unmatched in Faber having several team members on PED and knowing about it without giving a fuck for years but putting TJ on the blast AFTER he left and he did not earn anymore money out of it. It doesnt get any more dishonest and bitchy.

What TJ did was basically giving them a lesson in advanced PED use. I do believe that but he did that 100% because he was asked about it and had more knowledge accumulated than the other PED abusers at TAM.

2) Ended Holdsworths career: Holdsworth himself denied these acusations which makes this annother very tasteless lie.

Put in the other lies they put out about TJ (the laughable security tape about TJ getting "KOd"...etc and the campaign was obvious combined with their classless behaviour on TUF.

The agenda was: Damage TJs reputation with anything possible, be it confidential information or a lie doesnt matter.

Hate is a way too strong word. Neither party should get that but TAM lost all respect for being a professional training environment and you can be sure a lot of fighters see it that way. Faber is a manipulative child with deep insecurities.

TJ surpassed Faber in career accomplishments and it wasnt even Faber but Duane responsible. That was TJs one true crime Faber will never forgive him.

Its not important but imo this jealousy started with the Barao fights. Renan beat Faber down and then TJ dominated him.

Last edited:
Back