Is Denis Siver German or Russian?

Americans are well aware of the difference, hence all the Americans saying "I'm Irish", "I'm Mexican", etc.

I remember non-Americans getting pissed when Americans called Ali Baugatinov and other Russian fighters, Russian, they'd freak out. "He isn't Russian, he's Dagestani! Typical dumb American, amirite? lulz ".

I and many other Americans had to explain the difference between ethnicity and nationality.

I wasn't implying anything bad about Americans by saying that.
It's just that in the USA ethnic Mexicans are called Mexican Americans. And if they are born in the USA they are just Americans of Mexican heritage. That's because everyone in America was an immigrant at some point.
In Europe one family can live for 5 generations in Germany and still not call themselves German.

siver mentioned in one interview years ago that he is half german and half russian. he was born in syberia where many germans were travelled from germany to russia during 17 century.

When he speaks german you will hear his russian accent when you know how german sounds like.

This racial shit is always so important to MMA fans lol.

I wasn't implying anything bad about Americans by saying that.
It's just that in the USA ethnic Mexicans are called Mexican Americans. And if they are born in the USA they are just Americans of Mexican heritage. That's because everyone in America was an immigrant at some point.
In Europe one family can live for 5 generations in Germany and still not call themselves German.

Sorry,I did come across as a little hostile. I just assumed there was an anti-American tone, since it's pretty common in the net these days and I'm quick to defend. My bad.

I don't understand why so many Americans love an Irishman who openly refers to us as hillbillies, but won't support a German - even though the largest ethnicity in the United States is German. Do Americans really hate Germans?

I don't understand why so many Americans love an Irishman who openly refers to us as hillbillies, but won't support a German - even though the largest ethnicity in the United States is German. Do Americans really hate Germans?

Americans are a very diverse group.

I don't think Europeans really understand.

Whites,Jews,Hispanics,African Americans make up this country.

Europe is actually bland as far as culture goes.

Back