Is Denis Siver German or Russian?

best eva

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He looks German and speaks English with a German accent, and I'm pretty sure that the language he's speaking in Embedded is German, not Russian.

But then in one of the Embedded episodes he said he came to Germany from Russia when he was 17??

So what is he, Sherdog? Help a bro out.

Russian-born German. I'd rather live in Germany than in Russia. Good move by his parents.

Born in Russia to German parents. Moved to Germany as a teen and has lived there since.

Purposely carries a German flag into the cage. He is a German.

He is both german and russian....

Born in Russia to German parents. Moved to Germany as a teen and has lived there since.

Purposely carries a German flag into the cage. He is a German.

German parents?? I'm not so sure about that. Any source on that. Pretty sure he said himself he was russian born, russian ancestry and moved to germany in his late teen years.

First I'm hearing of what u said, interesting. Just like to hear/see the source myself.

Conor will apologize for calling him a Nazi before telling him he is infact a Nazi and a Commie tonight.

German parents?? I'm not so sure about that. Any source on that. Pretty sure he said himself he was russian born, russian ancestry and moved to germany in his late teen years.

First I'm hearing of what u said, interesting. Just like to hear/see the source myself.

German decent

Here you go. Russian citizens of German descent. My wording in the previous post may have been slightly misleading.

Probably a Volga German whose family was forcefully relocated to Siberia by Communist dictator Josef Stalin.

He is German, his name is Denis Siver, not Dennis Pavlovskiy

He's said so in older interviews....

Google it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Germans_in_Russia,_Ukraine_and_the_Soviet_Union

There is a very large Russian-German community. He is ethnically German but his family has likely lived in Russia for generations until they moved back after the fall of the Soviet Union. He lived in Russian until he was 17 so he probably culturally very Russian but his ethnicity is still German so that is what he probably foremost affiliates with.

What? I thought he was Mexican?????

He lived in Russian until he was 17 so he probably culturally very Russian but his ethnicity is still German so that is what he probably foremost affiliates with.

This is confusing.

Shouldn't he associate most with the culture he grew up in?

German ancestry, has lived in Germany since he was 17, carries a German flag. The man is a German and chooses to identify himself as German. Being born in Russia doesn't change that.

Back