Is Denis Siver German or Russian?

This is confusing.

Shouldn't he associate most with the culture he grew up in?

Ethnicity is biological.

Nationality is theoretical.

So he's ethnically German, and also chooses to associate as a German National.

Not very confusing at all actually.

Did Wikipedia break?

ethnic german, born in russia, then moved to germany. not to hard to understand.

people seem to be very confused about ethnicity and nationality

German parents?? I'm not so sure about that. Any source on that. Pretty sure he said himself he was russian born, russian ancestry and moved to germany in his late teen years.

First I'm hearing of what u said, interesting. Just like to hear/see the source myself.

russian ancestry? dude doesnt look russian at all. nor is siver a russian name

Was it so difficult to google "Dennis Siver"?

Is Brian Stann American or Chinese?

He looks American and speaks English with an American accent, and I'm pretty sure that the language he's speaking in Embedded is American, not Chinese.

But then in one of the Embedded episodes he said he came to America from Japan when he was 00??

So what is he, Sherdog? Help a bro out.

Last edited:
Why does it matter? I thought Americans dislike both.

Though I did hear that he's also a muslim.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I read after WW2 Russia came in and raped Eastern German women in droves. I had a couple German friends that had grandmothers from Germany and they absolutely despised Russians because of this. The Russians were nasty, Nazis would run and surrender to American forces because the Russians were pretty brutal to German POWs.

I think it's just that Americans confuse ethnicities and nationality. Kind of interesting to think about actually.

I think it's just that Americans confuse ethnicities and nationality. Kind of interesting to think about actually.

Americans are well aware of the difference, hence all the Americans saying "I'm Irish", "I'm Mexican", etc.

I remember non-Americans getting pissed when Americans called Ali Baugatinov and other Russian fighters, Russian, they'd freak out. "He isn't Russian, he's Dagestani! Typical dumb American, amirite? lulz ".

I and many other Americans had to explain the difference between ethnicity and nationality.

This is confusing.

Shouldn't he associate most with the culture he grew up in?

If you had to choose between the two to associate with, which would you choose?

Lets be real here, 9 out of 10 will rep Germany. I'll take Ireland over either of them though.

If you had to choose between the two to associate with, which would you choose?

Lets be real here, 9 out of 10 will rep Germany. I'll take Ireland over either of them though.

I don't know, Germany has it going on these days. Ireland is still legit though. But I'd side with Germany.

Back