Is Dave Chappelle being Hypocrite when talking about Political Correctness?

Is Dave Chappelle being Hypocrite when talking about Political Correctness?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Chappelle is definitely sensitive to racism. He likes to walk that line, for sure. But there are occasionally legitimately racist people out there. Not everyone is just a working class person who likes to talk shit. Every now and then a real racist cracks through and Ole Chapp might have thought he spotted one.

he talks about his desire to shoot any white man walking on his property.

he has many jokes about harming white people. I love chapelle. He’s great. But he’s also racist. Really racist imo. But I give him a pass

he has many jokes about harming white people. I love chapelle. He’s great. But he’s also racist. Really racist imo. But I give him a pass

Do you think he legitimately wants to shoot someone based on their colour? Like I highly doubt it man. His jokes are racist though you can’t really deny it

It would be like making an actual joke about Asian people thats witty and smart compared to going "Herro, me speak the Chinese, noodles and rice, watch me squint my eyes"
If they keep laughing at the squinty eye jokes, then they arent gettin it.
You one of those guys who gets upset anytime someone slights Trump?
Cuz thats what I generally see from people who get upset at things that others get upset about.
And Dave didn't make a big issue about this. He mentioned it as something that didnt sit right with him.

You're joking, right? 80% of The Chappelle Show was caricatures of racial stereotypes. It was hilarious, but in no way abstract, or had any sort deeper meaning than just comic relief. Acting like somebody "doesn't get it", because of their skin color, and because they're laughing "too hard", is asinine. Comedians are supposed to break down these barriers; not reinforce them.

Calling out hypocrisy is kind of hypocritical isnt it? I thought it was understood that everyone pulls that shit and thats why its not really a big issue. Anyway, he doesnt hate and that is a big deal.

@DeJulez don’t waste your time. This is one of those things they won’t ever understand just due to they’re own ego and self perception based on how they were raised and the world they grew up in.
It’s best in my experience to just take a leaf from there own book and say “bless your heart” and leave it at tha

Is Dave a hypocrite? Yes, but no more than the rest of us. Neal Brennan actually pointed out that part of Chappelle Show was about exploring his own hypocrisy and insecurities during the Kennedy Center honors and Dave nodded in agreement.

I feel you're leaving out a lot of context. He was joking about meth addicts in his small town in rural Ohio breaking into his house. They would happen to be white, just like crack heads in D.C. breaking into his house would be black. He's made a lot of these types of jokes over the years. You're making it a lot more serious than it is.

dave wasn't getting respect it is actually admirable that he quit and left millions on the table to maintain his dignity and creative control. a lot of the other shill comedians would have continued degrading themselves and being the subject of ridicule and disrespect for the money,continued being puppets.

Walking away from a 50 million dollar deal when you don't like what how people are interpreting your work is not fucking political correctness. It's skin in the game.

dave wasn't getting respect it is actually admirable that he quit and left millions on the table to maintain his dignity and creative control. a lot of the other shill comedians would have continued degrading themselves and being the subject of ridicule and disrespect for the money,continued being puppets.

I would point out, this is his version of events. so as in most cases, he sounds righteous and blameless.

that he had a massive falling out with Neal Brennan over it, indicates the tale he tells is at the very least a bit skewed.

People change. Sarah Silverman use to piss off anyone and now in her old age she is bowing down to SJWs.

Fact is that Dave is standing up to the PC bs. Sorry if that butthurts you. And a white man laughing has nothing to do with SJW or PC so you may not even understand those terms.

You're not hearing it right.
The white guy is laughing because Dave's doing Coonery and Jigabooish material.

I actually agree with Dave on that move. I had a white friend who would quote Chappelle all the time and it was always one of the skits or quotes that would basically slight black people or make black people look cartoonish. And most white people would quote those.

If Dave did a joke on activator, alot of white people simply wouldnt get it and you would never hear them quote those lines.

I saw Tracy Morgan do a joke of a black woman and he starts patting his head. Not one white person laughed or knew what the fuck was going on.
But black people did, its a hair joke for those wondering.

Did anyone ever laugh at Tracy Morgan to begin with?

That's the fucking point of comedy you dreck
The point of Comedy is to get Offended by White Men laughing? I thought it was just to make people laugh..... Dreck.

Walking away from a 50 million dollar deal when you don't like what how WHITE people are interpreting your work and Getting Offended and Triggered by it is total fucking political correctness. It's skin in the game.
Fixed.

TS needs to watch <This7> because he's sounds clueless

Already seen it.... What am I missing? Seems like a lot of you are so far up Dave's Ass you can't even be subjective about it.

Also for everyone saying he didn't leave Chappelle show because of the White guy laughing...….. That was the last thing he shot and said he needed a break. I guess that was just a coincidence? It wasn't but even then..... He got triggered enough by a white guy laughing he needed a break (Fact) is some serious Bitch level Snowflakery.

This is not a left/right issue here... I just don't like when people say things and do another. He wants to be Anti PC and talk about how everyone is so sensitive these days..... BUT HE NEEDED A BREAK BECAUSE A FUCKING WHITE GUY LAUGHED TOO HARD AT HIS OWN JOKES. It's ridiculous. I knew this thread was just gonna fill up with Pro Dave people that will white knight him no matter what but you don't have to be Anti Dave just to see the hypocrisy. I like Dave.... But he is a hypocrite.

Dave is not funny anymore.

Dave hasnt been funny since he got buff.

99fb8b1b664dd7793aac197197e1cf59.jpg

<JagsKiddingMe>

Back