1. The Froot Shoop Contest now active! Come Vote! »

Is Dave Chappelle being Hypocrite when talking about Political Correctness?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Hades86, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hades86

Hades86 Brown Belt

First off before this thread gets flooded with people blindly defending Chappelle just because he's Chappelle.... I'm a big Chappelle fan myself, have been since I was in 7th grade and saw the first episode of Chappelle show the day it premiered on comedy central. That being said.....

Chappelle did quit his show and walked away from millions because...….. He didn't like the way a White man in his audience laughed too long and hard at one of his jokes.." When he laughed it made me uncomfortable, as a matter of fact that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take a fucking time out after this. Because my head almost exploded". Imagine being a comedian and you get triggered because a white guy laughed too hard at one of your jokes. That has to be one of the weakest and lamest PC things I have ever heard. White men aren't allowed to laugh at muhh jokes. Like WTF?

Also Bonus Dave being a Hypocrite saying he will never wear a dress..

Even though he already had worn a Dress (With fake boobs might I add).... [​IMG]

I understand when people are young 13-21 they usually change their opinions over time but Dave was a 30 year old grown ass man when he did that. Dave is still probably the funniest guy on earth imo I just roll my eyes when he acts like he's Anti PC and Anti Dresses when he made decisions in his past that contradict that. I feel like he is just riding the Cool Rogan Anti PC wave that's been going on the past couple of years.

And No this thread is not Pro PC or Anti PC it's just an observation on someone saying one thing but having done another.

2. revoltub

revoltub Yellow Card Yellow Card

I don't think the "white crew guy laughing" was ever the real reason he left the show.

3. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Co-Founder of SDLS (Sexual Deviant Leftist Scum)

He didn't leave the Chapelle show because of that.

he left because Comedy central kept on wanting to micromanage his show.

Chapelle is an ATG. not a hypocrite, just a guy who doesn't want others to control his comedy. nothing wrong with that.

4. Shinigami

Shinigami Blue Belt

People change. Sarah Silverman use to piss off anyone and now in her old age she is bowing down to SJWs.

Fact is that Dave is standing up to the PC bs. Sorry if that butthurts you. And a white man laughing has nothing to do with SJW or PC so you may not even understand those terms.

ElKarlo and HelloJapan like this.
  5. Aegon Spengler

Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Chappelle is definitely sensitive to racism. He likes to walk that line, for sure. But there are occasionally legitimately racist people out there. Not everyone is just a working class person who likes to talk shit. Every now and then a real racist cracks through and Ole Chapp might have thought he spotted one.

fungi and Clear Winner like this.
  6. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

You're not hearing it right.
    The white guy is laughing because Dave's doing Coonery and Jigabooish material.

I actually agree with Dave on that move. I had a white friend who would quote Chappelle all the time and it was always one of the skits or quotes that would basically slight black people or make black people look cartoonish. And most white people would quote those.

If Dave did a joke on activator, alot of white people simply wouldnt get it and you would never hear them quote those lines.

I saw Tracy Morgan do a joke of a black woman and he starts patting his head. Not one white person laughed or knew what the fuck was going on.
    But black people did, its a hair joke for those wondering.

7. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr All praise honor & glory to the most High

thats not even the reason why he left the show

8. Oooxente

Oooxente Red Belt

IDT is hypocrisy as much as the excess of SJWness around his circles are actually fucking up with his liberty to say whatever he wants which mess up with his capacity to make MONEY.

Same with Gervais or Burr.

They were lefties before that and they still are today and they never had ANY problem with the NPC crowd until they started to criticize and most of all condemned then on SM.

9. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Silver Belt

Lol jesus. I guess white folks need to get some Coles notes to guide them as to what material they're allowed to laugh at from black folks, so black folks don't get pissed at the material black folks like Chappelle are writing.

That or don't write the material in the first place, so they don't get pissed at white folks for a successful joke they wrote.

[​IMG]

10. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

I don't remember that being the reason. From what I recall he was super successfully but wasn't particularly "happy". He talked about all this success didn't make him feel in a better spot. So when he ditched off to Africa, comedy Central put together and released some of the material he threw out. He was upset, and understandably so.

Then again, Comedy Central had every reason to be upset too.

"Hey, here's a 50 million dollar contract"

"Sweet, let me fuck off to another continent and leave an entire cast and crew hanging in the balance with no explanation"

The truth of the matter is both parties could have handled it better. But, personally, I think the pressure got to him. Comedy Central bends over backwards to appease their cash cows.

As for the TS, I dunno if the point you're making is hypocritical exactly. It's certainly a bit snow-flakey. And kinda silly. But meh.

Jackie Blue and LogicalInsanity like this.
  11. Hades86

Hades86 Brown Belt

Alright then... But in his own words... He needed a break when that happened. Still my point remains. He needed time to recover from being Triggered from laughter.

Lmao can you read bruh? I said this is not an Pro PC or Anti PC thread. Sheeeiiit I was just in the HW's last week saying people crying because Perry said :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: were dumb crybabies.

12. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Yellow Card Yellow Card

Somewhere out there that white guy that laughed hard is probably living a normal life and has no idea Dave was that troubled by his laughter

13. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Not my clowns. Not my circus. (2020)

I wonder if there are people in the world that have changed their minds about things they saw differently seven years prior?
    <TheDonald>

Jackie Blue likes this.
  14. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

It would be like making an actual joke about Asian people thats witty and smart compared to going "Herro, me speak the Chinese, noodles and rice, watch me squint my eyes"
    If they keep laughing at the squinty eye jokes, then they arent gettin it.
    You one of those guys who gets upset anytime someone slights Trump?
    Cuz thats what I generally see from people who get upset at things that others get upset about.
    And Dave didn't make a big issue about this. He mentioned it as something that didnt sit right with him.

15. revoltub

revoltub Yellow Card Yellow Card

Those jokes "slighting black people," were half written by a white dude and written by dave himself. I'm sorry but, its either okay for your white friend to appreciate all of it, or none of it.

16. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

17. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Silver Belt

Yeh I'm a ride or die Trump guy. MAGA until I die motherfuckers!!!! :rolleyes:

Anyways...

I'm referring to this section of your original quote...
    To which I'm saying, why is Dave writing/performing "coonish, jigabooish" material in the first place if you would not want people to laugh at it. Embarrassing material..I get it. So don't write/perform it in the first place.

Same with your other example of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:y noodle eyes, or whatever.

Why would a Chinese man write/perform that in the first place? Don't enflame and perpetuate the stereotype.

Or are you saying Chappelle didnt have anything to do with the material, and had no power to stop performing this coonish material?

18. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

The coonish material was the things that was getting the weird laughs.
    If I did jokes and you only laughed at the "Black people be stealing shit" I think that would start to change the dynamics.
    If 20% of your act is bamboozled material, but thats whats getting the raving reviews, you might have some coonish material on your hands.
    And Dave saw that, and now its gone.

Alphaboy, Clear Winner and zapataxiv like this.
  19. Oogie Sharp

Oogie Sharp Silver Belt

I think if the material bothered me to that degree, I wouldn't write/perform that material in the first place. Problem solved.

20. bref

bref Black Belt

[​IMG]

DeJulez and MoparOrNoCar like this.