Is Cowboy the greatest fighter EVER.....to never win a title?

Soo many "contenders" to place over him, as well as fighters that have fell short of winning a title fight. Starting off the list, Chad Money Mendez, Then Gus/Rumble, Benavidez, A bunch of old school dudes. Hell, I'd even rank the likes of Dodson above him, considering his potential to have a closer title fight in his division than Cerrone at the current moment.

Right up there with guys like Cormier.

IMO, he should already be considered like a future hall of famer (and he would be if he was a HW)

Fucking Cowboy is a maniac! Dude will fight whoever, whenever! The guy will literally fight 10 times a year if Dana allowed it. My hats off to the guy, hes a real MMA pro. None of this 6 months off BS, hes right back in it!

people overlook that run he had leading up to the Anderson fight. He was the underdog against Miller, Okami, and Marquardt-and won each fight with increasing dominance. These performances shocked the world and it could no longer be denied that the honorable Chael P. Sonnen deserved his shot at the title. A title he was 40 seconds away from winning.

People also overlook the fact that he was on PEDs.

He has to be a top five all time lw.
1. Gomi/Penn
2.Bendo
3.Edgar
4.Pettis
5. Cerrone

Cerrone isn't the greatest ever to not have a belt. At this time I'd say Chad Mendes seems to be the best, most complete fighter who looks capable of hammering anyone except the champ. During other periods there were guys like Florian who were very good but didn't win a belt, although I believe Mendes is a better fighter than Florian ever was.

Cerrone is in the pack with guys like Dodson and Gus who are clearly also great fighters but don't have many signature wins or long periods of dominance over the rest of the division.

He has to be a top five all time lw.
1. Gomi/Penn
2.Bendo
3.Edgar
4.Pettis
5. Cerrone

You um....you listed 5 guys above Cerrone there. That would make him #6.

Kenny Florian is that guy.

People talk about Daniel Cormier crying, Florian was bawling after losing to BJ Penn, fuck I felt bad for Kenny, he put a tremendous amount of effort into his career.

Back