Is Cormier that much better than Mir?

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cormier can take down Mir, he has great wrestling................. but his ground and pound isn't viscious like Cains or Tito Ortiz's or something. I dont see him going Brock Lesnar on Frank. He has big power in his right hand and has good timing. Mir has big power, an excellent sumbission game and decent cardio now. Soooooo this fight is about 60/40 in favor of Cormier in my opinion.....

Idk... I know Cormier beat Barnett and Bigfoot. butttt.... Idk

Whats to say Mir wouldn't beat them also? We'll see

End Rant :icon_twis

Last edited:
We'll find out. I would give Cormier the advantage, but I think Mir's games matches up better against him than anyone Cormier has faced.

Not necessarily. But Cormier is a horrible matchup for Mir.

It's just Mir's experience with heavy handed wrestlers. His game plan of trying to steal their strawberries hasn't gone well for him.

He's not going to be using his GNP.

Most, including me, see it as tough matchup for Mir. Cormier is the better wrestler and striker - he's faster too.

I think at this point a lot of fighters are dangerous to Mir and Cormier is no exception. Any HW with any type of punching power is one good shot of staggering Mir and putting him in trouble. And a lot of HWs have power, Cormier included.

Mir has a bad combination of being chinny and having poor striking defense. He's an offensive monster, but he's so prone to being hurt it's almost a matter of time before whoever he's fighting tags him.

His best bet against Cormier is to get him to the floor quickly but that's not likely to happen, regardless of Mir's size advantage. Mir's boxing is solid but doing that just leaves him open to that one shot against the faster Cormier.

cormier is going to bring a new pop to the ufc hw division. win or lose he's going to make for a lot of interesting matchups.

I think Cormier will keep the fight standing and win by tko. Mir's only chance of getting the fight to the mat is pulling guard.

I think that Cormier has some fairly heavy hands tbh. And Mir doesn't have a chin.

Cormier can take down Mir, he has great wrestling................. but his ground and pound isn't viscious like Cains or Tito Ortiz's or something. I dont see him going Brock Lesnar on Frank. He has big power in his right hand and has good timing. Mir has big power, an excellent sumbission game and decent cardio now. Soooooo this fight is about 60/40 in favor of Cormier in my opinion.....

Idk... I know Cormier beat Barnett and Bigfoot. butttt.... Idk

Whats to say Mir wouldn't beat them also? We'll see

End Rant :icon_twis

Solid analysis. I agree completely.

Mir has a good trackrecord of winning fights he is supposed to lose (Lesnar, Nog twice) and this could easily go like Mir VS Lesnar I went: Cormier winning early, but getting caught in a submission.

Mir's submission game is no joke.

it certainly seems to be a bad match up for Mir. but, then again, Frank has made a career in recent years in winning some fights that he didn't look like he was going to pull off. I doubt that he has another rabbit in his hat, but you never know. he is a finisher if he is given half a chance

Mir's an interesting fight for anybody. He can finish and be finished.

he'll use his wrestling defensively and knock mir out on the feet, terrible match up for mir.. mir loses to wrestlers.

Mir has a good trackrecord of winning fights he is supposed to lose (Lesnar, Nog twice) and this could easily go like Mir VS Lesnar I went: Cormier winning early, but getting caught in a submission.

Mir's submission game is no joke.

mir has a track record of losing to wrestlers :) the only one who he has beat is tank!

Nobody in MMA is that much better than Mir.
I think Cormier will win the fight though.

Mir has struggled with wrestlers, but he has a pretty significant size advantage on DC. I don't think its going to look like the Carwin or Brock fights. Frank could have 25+ lbs on him come fight night and he's 4 or 5 inches taller with an 8 inch reach advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back