Is Conor the best boxer ever in mma?

He has one round of cardio and that's all he can do.

Anderson destroys him. Blee dat.

Didnt even drop him. Conor was anticipating the takedown and Khabib caught him with a unexpected punch. Does not mean Khabib is a better boxer than Conor and has nothing to do with this thread.

Not sure how people don’t understand that?

Hahaha the salty potato tears are delicious

Your boy got smeshed

To build your case, TS, start by giving us gif examples of each basic technical boxing skill demonstrated by Conor, incl. at least one example of superior skill in each fundamental type of striking.

Jab
Cross
Hook
Uppercut

Conor was setup for success against a usually smaller fighter with shorter reach. He was never that good.

GHpr.gif
No truer statement ↑↑↑

Mayweather carried him for rounds.
Yea,
Like he carried Tenshin

Sounds like damage control because Mayweather got embarrassed in the first 5 rounds.

If he could have took Conor out quick he would have.

To build your case, TS, start by giving us gif examples of each basic technical boxing skill demonstrated by Conor, incl. at least one example of superior skill in each fundamental type of striking.

Jab
Cross
Hook
Uppercut

*Footwork

Didn't Nate Diaz outbox Conor and force him into trying to take down a BJJ black belt?

If "dropping" your opponent is a sign of better boxing then I guess Khabib is a better boxer than Conor. So the answer to your question is NO.

You seem slow, but i'lle take the bait. Dropping someone in what is primarily a boxing match inside a mma cage will have different variables as dropping someone in what is primarily a wrestle-boxing match. Styles make fights. Diaz got out boxed primarily on power until Conor gassed. Khabib dropped Conor because the threat of the take down was imminent, it's a legit strategy but is in no way related to pure boxing technique.

Now I agree Conor was probably on the crack pipe in his training for the Khabib match but your example is wrong and can't be used.

Yea,
Like he carried Tenshin

Sounds like damage control because Mayweather got embarrassed in the first 5 rounds.

If he could have took Conor out quick he would have.

Huh? Embarrassed? Conor had one moment where he landed and Mayweather looked pissed off, but if anything that reflects poorly on Conor. The whole buildup he said that Mayweather would fall if he touched him and that not only didn't happen but it ended up pulling the curtains back on the charade that was his 50th victory.

No one should listen to this retard anymore. “Khabib a better boxer than Conor” lmao. Go to bed
TameImpossibleGrayling-max-1mb.gif

That 1/4 of an arm punch by McGregor sure is impressive, ain't it?

To answer the thread you've been saving throughout your white belt status: no, Conor McGregor is not the best boxer ever in MMA.

The best boxer to ever compete in MMA is:
200px-JamesToney04.jpg

Followed by:
200px-Mercer161748759.jpg

Holly was a boxing champ. Cejudo was a golden gloves champ (IIRC). So by accomplishments, no Conor isn't the best. Not to mention James Toney, and Ray Mercer.

In terms of applying boxing to MMA... It's very subjective and debatable.

GSP has one hell of a jab. Holloways boxing looked great against Ortega.

According to Brendan Schaub, Freddy Roach who trains Aaron Pico said that the kid could be a boxing champion right now, and that he used to take rounds of Cotto regularly. The source is Schaub though so do with it as you may.

Pretty sure Roach said the same about Arlovski when he trained him for Fedor. So I wouldn't doubt it.

I can’t stand his personality and who he is. But does anyone have better boxing skills than Conor in mma?

Be honest. He went rounds with Mayweather. I don’t see any other mma fighter being able to do that against a legendary boxer.

Don’t mention James Toney.

Edit:

It’s funny all these comments actually prove my point that Conor is the best boxer in MMA. Keep proving it some more guys lol.

I guess it’s official and decided then. Conor is the best Boxer of all time in MMA. Argument over

Him or the Diaz bros.

Conor outboxes Nate until he gasses out

A lot of fighters can do that and it means nothing.

McGregor ran out of gas against Nate Diaz because Nate’s boxing was superior and forced McGregor to compensate by using more energy.

Huh? Embarrassed? Conor had one moment where he landed and Mayweather looked pissed off, but if anything that reflects poorly on Conor. The whole buildup he said that Mayweather would fall if he touched him and that not only didn't happen but it ended up pulling the curtains back on the charade that was his 50th victory.
Conor had never had a professional boxing match.
Mayweather had 59
Conor out struck him for at least 5 rounds
He lasted 10 and probably could have went the whole 12
Mayweather covered up with both arms and hid instead of engaging until Conor gassed.
He actually embarrassed the whole sport of boxing.
They should have put Conor in the ring with GGG instead of a pillow fisted point fighter if they wanted to showcase boxing.

I can’t stand his personality and who he is. But does anyone have better boxing skills than Conor in mma?

Be honest. He went rounds with Mayweather. I don’t see any other mma fighter being able to do that against a legendary boxer.

Edit:

It’s funny all these comments actually prove my point that Conor is the best boxer in MMA. Keep proving it some more guys lol.

I guess it’s official and decided then. Conor is the best Boxer of all time in MMA. Argument over

You sound like someone who’s having a hard time handling the good arguments being presented.

McGregor is explosive and has great hands for mma, but getting quick KO’s against opponents who aren’t ready for his style doesn’t put him in the “greatest” category.

Edit:

Probably.
Mma boxing is a lot different than boxing tho. Mainly due to way smaller gloves and other body parts flying at you.

dropped = a knockdown, not a knockout.
Getting dropped also includes losing balance after getting hit and dropping to your butt or whatever part of your body you land on. Hence why it's called getting dropped.

Conor got dropped by Khabib. You're delusional if you won't accept that lmfao.

I think everyone’s aware that a knockdown isn’t a knockout.

That wasn’t technically a knockdown. That’s been established. It’s splitting hairs, but the fact remains that it wasn’t a knockdown.

Back