Is Clarissa shields really the womens GOAT?

11d4851804f8b2910a2dd9efa04bdf91.jpg

The original women's goat

Not with 11 fights she isn’t. I think Katie Taylor is a better shout out of the current fighters. She’s won more title fights than shields has fights as a pro. She’s also beaten better quality fighters, in much more competitive divisions. That has to he taken in to consideration as there are only about 30-35 pro fighters in each of the divisions that shields has unified

And that’s ignoring all that came before as well

Last edited:
ok so shields has her beat in boxing. overall though its still holly imo
At this moment, yeah, I agree. It'll take time to see Shields full potential in MMA. She definitely needs to work on TDD and being more elusive from what was witnessed last night. But she trains with Holly, so she has that experience to draw from. Only time will tell how good she can be.

11d4851804f8b2910a2dd9efa04bdf91.jpg

The original women's goat
Everyone always likes to mention Rijker but she never really fought anyone. She only fought like 2 opponents in her entire career who won more than 10 fights.

I think Amanda Serrano is probably the best women's boxer in the world right now, and also has an MMA fight tonight actually.

At this moment, yeah, I agree. It'll take time to see Shields full potential in MMA. She definitely needs to work on TDD and being more elusive from what was witnessed last night. But she trains with Holly, so she has that experience to draw from. Only time will tell how good she can be.
i agree if she actually trains with holly. From what i heard on rogans she isnt in class like a normal student. She isnt throwing herself in the fire and rolling with every and any1. She is literally doing mostly privates with wink. I was hoping maybe i was wrong after hearing her on rogan but i think i was right after seeing last night.

id say holly has a argument to be the gwoat since she has won world titles in both. Shields is attempting to do something holly has already done
Holly fought scrubs in New Mexico and won insignificant secondary titles in boxing

Holly fought scrubs in New Mexico and won insignificant secondary titles in boxing
Wasn't she considered a p4p top fighter though for a few years? But my impression is that women's boxing around that time was weaker and has improved in recent years thanks to a lot more tlanet coming through the amateur system

Wasn't she considered a p4p top fighter though for a few years? But my impression is that women's boxing around that time was weaker and has improved in recent years thanks to a lot more tlanet coming through the amateur system

It’s definitely stronger now.

take nothing away from shields, 11 fights and undisputed in 2 weights is an incredible feat. However, there’s not much competition in those higher weights. There’s less than 70 pro fighters combined in the 2 weights that she’s unified. It’s way too early imo to call her the greatest female boxer

I would go with Serrano as well

Currently, boxrec has her ranked #5 P4P regarding active women boxers.

As for "active and inactive", #1 listed is Holly Holm. Shields is listed as #92

Back